USET stands for Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test, which is a mandatory state level examination for the candidates who aspire to apply for the post of Assistant Professor across the state of Uttarakhand, India. USET is held by the Kumaun University, Nainital. As per the regulation of the University Grants Commission(UGC), Government of Uttarakhand, this entrance test is conducted. USET is an offline examination i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) and is conducted in 7 major cities of India. To get more information about USET 2021, read the full article given below.
- What is USET?
- USET 2021 Exam Date
- USET 2021 Eligibility
- USET 2021 Application Form
- USET 2021 Exam Pattern
- USET 2021 Syllabus
- USET 2021 Admit Card
- USET 2021 Exam Centres
- USET 2021 Result
- USET 2021 Counselling
What is USET 2021?
- About USET: USET or Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test is a State Level Entrance Test conducted by Kumaun University, Nainital for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities across the state of Uttarakhand.
- Level: USET is a State Level Entrance Test conducted once in every year.
- Conducting Body: USET will be conducted by Kumaun University, Nainital for the post of Assistant Professor.
- Mode & Date: USET 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) for all the aspirants on January 17, 2021.
- Exam Centre: The USET 2021 will be conducted in 7 major cities across the state of Uttarakhand.
USET 2021 Highlights
Candidates can refer the following table to know about the USET 2021 highlights.
|Exam Name||Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting body||Kumaun University, Nainital|
|Exam Date||January 17, 2021|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Helpline Number||+91- 5942 - 237279|
USET 2021 Exam Date
- Registration: USET 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website of Kumaun University from November 27, 2021 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on December 25, 2021.
- Admit Card: The USET 2021 Admit Card will be released online for all the aspirants on January 11, 2021.
- Examination: USET 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) for all the aspirants on January 17, 2021.
- Results: USET 2021 Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the USET 2021 will be called for the USET 2021 counselling process.
The below table gives detailed information about few USET 2021 Important Dates regarding few events and processes. Candidates are advised to go through it once, before applying for the examination.
|Important Events/ Schedules||Exam Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||November 27, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||December 25, 2021|
|Admit Card Availability||January 11, 2021|
|USET 2021 Date||January 17, 2021|
|Results Announcement||To Be Announced|
|Commencement of Counselling||To Be Announced|
USET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before appearing for any exam, candidates need to be well versed with eligibility criteria scenario such that any important events related to eligibility criteria should not be missed out at any circumstances. The Kumaun University structures the USET 2021 eligibility criteria. The candidates must comply with these minimum eligibility conditions before applying for the USET 2021. The applicants need to check the USET 2021 eligibility criteria thoroughly, which is mentioned below.
Educational Qualification: The candidate aspiring to appear for USET 2021 must have a Master’s degree in the relevant subject from a UGC recognized institute with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for the candidates from the reserved categories)
Diploma: Diploma degree holders having their Master’s degree completed before the 19th September 1991 will get the relaxation of 5% marks.
Final Year: The candidates who are pursuing their final year semester are also eligible to apply.
|Education||Passed Master Degree|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
USET 2021 Application Form
The USET 2021 application form will be available on the official website of Kumaun University. Candidates need to register themselves with their respective valid email id and contact number. All other required details like educational and personal details should be uploaded by the applicant within the form. Along with that, the candidates must upload the passport size photograph and signature while filling the form. Application Form will be available on the official website from November 27, 2021 and the last date to submit the Application Form is December 25, 2021.
To Apply for USET 2021 Click here
Steps to fill USET 2021 Application Form
- Visit the official website of Kumaun University.
- Hit the USET link at the left-hand side of the homepage.
- Select on the link to apply online for USET 2021.
- Enter all required details asked on the portal and complete the registration.
- Login to fill up the USET 2021 application form with the help of registration number/user id and password generated.
- Pay the USET 2021 application fee
- Hit the 'submit' button to submit the application form.
- Generate print outs of the form and payment receipt.
USET 2021 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the USET 2021 Application Fee online (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card) and offline (Challan in any SBI Branches). Candidates have to pay the application fee concerning the category they belong to. The below table gives the details about the USET 2021 application fee that a candidate has to pay as per their respective categories.
The below table shows details about the USET 2021 Application Fee.
INR 600 for SC / ST / PH
INR 1000 for other categories
USET 2021 Exam Pattern
Those candidates have applied in this examination; they should have to prefer the exam pattern for the better preparation of the study. Knowing about exam pattern will help the candidates to have a clear idea about examination pattern. Applicants can refer to the USET 2021 Exam Pattern which is mentioned in the below points.
- Exam Mode: USET 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) for all the aspirants on January 17, 2021.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Papers: USET 2021 question paper consists of 3 papers of various subjects.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be different for each of the papers.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
To understand the USET 2021 Exam Pattern, applicants go through the below-given table.
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
USET 2021 Section-wise Exam Pattern
The following table shows the section-wise bifurcation of USET 2021 examination paper.
USET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are highly advised to be thorough with examination syllabus before preparing for an examination. This will help them to score well in the entrance test and will also help them to stand out in the examination. USET 2021 Syllabus is listed below.
- Syllabus: The syllabus for USET 2021 will be decided by the conducting authority i.e. Kumaun University.
- Subjects: Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Environmental Science, Management, Drawing and Painting, Philosophy, Library and Information Science, Sociology, History, Education, Psychology, Physical Education, Home Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Life Science, Commerce, Computer Science and Application, Defend and Strategic Studies, Music, Earth and Atmospheric Science, Mathematical Science, Law.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to some of the reference books which are mentioned by the conducting authority.
USET 2021 Admit Card
- Availability: USET 2021 Admit Card will be available on the official website for all the aspirants from December 25, 2021.
- Download: Candidates should download the Hall-Tickets from the University website.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
USET 2021 Exam Centres
Centre: USET 2021 is conducted in 7 major cities across the state of Uttarakhand.
Choice of Centre: Candidate should mention the Centre Code and Name of his/ her choice of Test Centre in Online Application Form.
Change of Centre: Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by the candidate in the Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
List of USET 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates can refer to the given table to check the USET 2021 Exam centres.
USET 2021 Results
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks.
- Merit List: The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the USET 2021 by the candidates.
- Cut-off: The cut-off is the minimum marks obtained by a candidate in the qualifying examination
The following table gives details about USET 2021 Cut-Off percentage.
USET 2021 Counselling
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the USET 2021 will be called for the counselling process.
- Admission: The admission will be purely based on the marks obtained by the candidate in USET 2021
- Documents: Once the admission is confirmed the candidates have to submit the following documents:
- Application Fee Receipt
- Postgraduation Degree Certificate
- Graduation Mark Sheets
- Marriage Certificate (in case of name change)
- Category Certificate
- Medical Certificate issued by the concerned authorities in a prescribed format (in case of PWD category candidates only)