APGPCET is an entrance exam conducted by the Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Institutions Society. This examination is attempted by students seeking admission to 5th grade at all the schools being governed by APSWRIS. These institutions aim to provide free education, lodging, and boarding to the enrolled students. All the information one needs to know about the APGPCET entrance exam is discussed on this page.
APGPCET 2021 Highlights
Some of the facts related to this entrance exam are discussed below for reference:
|Full form of APGPCET||Andhra Pradesh Gurukula Pathshala Common Entrance Test|
|Conducted for||Admission to class V|
APGPCET 2021 Exam Date
Andhra Pradesh Residential Educational Institutions releases the official dates for filling the application form. The official notification is yet awaited. Based on the previous years’ trends, the candidates can take a look at the tentative dates given below
|Application form release date||Jun 17, 2021|
|Last date for submitting application form||Jul 7, 2021|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|APGPCET exam||To be announced|
|Result announcement||To be announced|
APGPCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
The applicants must ensure that the meet the APGPCET eligibility criteria 2021 set by the conducting authorities before applying for the exam. The general eligibility conditions for this entrance exam are stated below:
|Educational Qualifications||The applicant should have qualified class 4 from an educational institute affiliated to a recognized board.|
|Income of parents||The parents’ annual income should not exceed INR 1,00,000 per year.|
|School criteria||The candidate should have passed grade 3 and 4 from a Government school, or a school recognized by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.|
|District||The applicants must apply for admission at their native districts only.|
School-wise APGPCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
There are a total of four schools where candidates can get admitted by clearing the APGPCET examination. All the schools are mentioned below:
Candidates are eligible for applying in their native district only. The Native District is the place where the student studied for two years in Class 3rd & 4th. The reservation pattern is given below:
|SC converted Christians||12%|
All the candidates that can be admitted to this school should be from their native district only.. The reservation pattern is tabulated below:
The candidates aspiring to get into APREIS should be from the native district. Students from outside the native district will not be admitted into this school. The reservation pattern for various categories is mentioned below:
|Children of Armed person||3%|
Students from other districts can apply for admission. The girls from East Godavari District are eligible for admission in Tanam School (Visakhapatnam District). The girls from Krishna District are eligible for admission in Narsapuram School (West Godavari District). The boys of YSR Kadapa District are eligible for admission in Srisailam School (Kurnool District).
The reservation pattern for BC Residential School is mentioned below:
The reservation pattern for Fishermen School is mentioned below.
|Children of Fisherman||46|
APGPCET Application Form 2021
Upon satisfying the eligibility conditions discussed above, the candidates may proceed to fill the APGPCET 2021 application forms. The forms are made available in online mode. The candidates can access the same on the official website. The steps to apply are discussed in the following section:
How to fill the APGPCET 2021 Application Form?
The mode of filling the APGPCET 2021 application form is online. The candidates must note that they are not liable to pay any charges or application fees for APGPCET 2021. The step-by-step guide to fill the online forms is written below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of APGPCET 2021 (apgpcet.apcfss.in).
- Step 2: Find the link for “Online Application 2021”, and click on it.
- Step 3: A new tab will open up in which the candidates will be required to fill their details.
- Step 4: The candidates must do so very carefully. Once through with this step, the candidates must click on the checkbox against the declaration mentioned at the bottom of the page.
- Step 5: Preview all the details by clicking on the button provided.
- Step 6: Submit the APGPCET 2021 application form.
Details to be mentioned on the APGPCET Application Form 2021
The candidates will be required to enter several details while filling the online form for APGPCET 2021. The specifications for the same are discussed below:
|Personal Details||Contact Information||Special Reservation Details|
||Candidates will be asked a few yes/no questions. They must read and respond to those questions carefully and honestly.|
Educational Details: The candidates must enter their educational details from class 3 and 4, such as the year of qualifying these exams, name and district of the school, and the medium in which the candidates have studied so far.
Preference Details: The candidates will be required to enter the three districts in which they would prefer to take admission in the order of preference.
APGPCET Admit Card 2021
The APGPCET hall ticket will be issued to the candidates who submitted their application forms within the given bracket of application dates. The candidates will find the details entered by them during the application process mentioned on the APGPCET hall ticket as well. The steps to access the document are discussed below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of APGPCET 2021 entrance exam.
- Step 2: Locate the admit card link on the homepage and click on it.
- Step 3: The candidates will now be required to enter the user ID, password, and captcha code given on the login page.
- Step 4: Upon pressing the submit button, the candidates will be able to view their APGPCET hall tickets in PDF format.
- Step 5: The candidates must download their admit cards and take a few hardcopies of the same.
APGPCET Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates can go through the details given below to understand the latest APGPCET 2021 exam pattern:
- The candidates will have to attempt questions based on English, Telugu, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, and Mathematics.
- The question paper will have a total of 50 questions divided equally among the four sections mentioned above.
- Each question shall carry 1 mark.
- The candidates will be given a question paper and an OMR sheet. They must use a blue or black ball point pen to fill the OMR sheet. Answers marked with pencils will not be accepted, and the candidates will not be given any marks for such responses.
APGPCET Result 2021
The result for APGPCET 2021 will be announced shortly after the exam has been conducted successfully. The candidates will be able to view their APGPCET 2021 scorecards on the official website. It must be noted that the result card will not be sent to any candidates via post.
Admissions to the participating schools will be granted on the basis of merit, hence the candidates need to perform well in the APGPCET entrance exam.
APGPCET Counselling 2021
The conducting authorities prepare a distinct APGPCET merit list for each district. The seat allotment depends upon the preference entered at the time of application, as well as the score obtained by a candidate.
Tie-breaking policy in APGPCET selection procedure
Since a large number of students appear for this entrance test, the occurrence of a tie is not uncommon. In such situations, the following points are considered:
- If two candidates secure the same rank, the candidate older in age will be considered for admissions.
- If both the candidates are of the same age, the candidate who has obtained a higher score in Mathematics will be preferred over the other one.
- If the score in Mathematics is also the same, then the candidate with a higher score in Environmental Science will be given a higher preference.