Candidates appearing for the January session of CA Foundation 2021 must be knowledgeable with the exam pattern to understand what to expect on the exam day. Exam pattern includes the mode of exam, type of questions, marking scheme, etc. so that candidates can prepare consequently.
Exam Pattern of CA Foundation 2021
Detailed analysis of CA Foundation exam pattern 2021 is discussed below. You are advised to go through Exam Pattern and Syllabus thoroughly to have an insight into the CA Foundation question paper and accordingly you can formulate your study plan.
- CA Foundation exam is going to be conducted from Jun 24, 2021 to Jun 30, 2021. Official notification will be released by ICAI and all the candidates who are eligible will be able to apply for the exam from Mar 31, 2021.
- CA Foundation exam was previously called a CA CPT exam.
- The maximum duration is 3 hours and each paper will be of 100 marks .
- Negative marking scheme and 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in the paper 3& paper 4.
- Candidates must score at least 40% of marks in every paper and a minimum aggregate of 50% in all the papers to pass the CA Foundation 2021 exam.
|Particulars||CA Foundation 2021|
|Conducting Body||Institute Of Chartered Accountant Of India (ICAI)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency||Multiple times a year|
|Mode Of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Number of Papers||4|
|Duration||3 hours for each paper|
|Negative marks||Only for Paper 3 and 4 (0.25), i.e is 1/4th of marks|
|Eligibility||Class 12 Passed or Appearing for Class 12 in Current Year|
|Exemptions||Graduates and Post Graduates or Candidates with Equivalent Qualification|
CA Foundation 2021 Marks Distribution
Papers of the exam are listed below:
- Paper 1: Principles And Practice Of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper 2: Business Laws And Business Correspondence Business Laws (60 Marks), Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And StatisticsBusiness Mathematics (40 Marks), Logical Reasoning (20 Marks), Statistics (40 Marks)
- Paper 4: Business Economics And Business & Commercial KnowledgeBusiness Economics (60 Marks), Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
Paper 1 & 2 are subjective whereas Paper 3 & 4 are objective.
|Principles And Practice Of Accounting||100|
|Business Laws And Business Correspondence||Business Laws- 60 Business correspondence -40|
|Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, And Statistics||Business Mathematics- 40 Logical Reasoning- 20 Statistics- 40|
|Business Economics And Business & Commercial Knowledge||Business Economics- 60 Business and Commercial Knowledge- 40|