Candidates appearing for the November session of CA Foundation 2019 must be knowledgeable with the exam pattern to understand what to expect on the exam day. Exam pattern includes the mode of exam, type of questions, marking scheme, etc. so that candidates can prepare consequently. According to the exam pattern. Objective questions will carry negative marking of ¼th mark for every incorrect response.
Detailed analysis of CA Foundation exam pattern 2019 is discussed below. You are advised to go through Exam Pattern and Syllabus thoroughly to have an insight into the CA Foundation question paper and accordingly you can formulate your study plan.
- CA Foundation exam is going to be conducted on May 2019 (tentative). Official notification will be released by ICAI and all the candidates who are eligible will be able to apply for the exam from February 2019.
- CA Foundation exam was previously called a CA CPT exam.
- The maximum duration is 3 hours and each paper will be of 100 marks .
- Negative marking scheme and 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in the paper 3& paper 4.
- Candidates must score at least 40% of marks in every paper and minimum aggregate of 50% in all the papers to pass the CA Foundation 2019 exam.
|CA Foundation 2019 Exam Pattern|
|Particulars||CA Foundation 2019|
|Conducting Body||Institute Of Chartered Accountant Of India (ICAI)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency||Twice a Year ( May and December)|
|Mode Of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Number of Papers||4|
|Duration||3 hours for each paper|
|Negative marks||Only for Paper 3 and 4 (0.25), i.e is 1/4th of marks|
|Eligibility||Class 12 Passed or Appearing for Class 12 in Current Year|
|Exemptions||Graduates and Post Graduates or Candidates with Equivalent Qualification|
CA Foundation 2019 Marks Distribution
Papers of the exam are listed below:
- Paper 1: Principles And Practice Of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper 2: Business Laws And Business CorrespondenceBusiness Laws (60 Marks)Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And StatisticsBusiness Mathematics (40 Marks)Logical Reasoning(20 Marks)Statistics (40 Marks)
- Paper 4: Business Economics And Business & Commercial KnowledgeBusiness Economics (60 Marks)Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
|Principles And Practice Of Accounting||100|
|Business Laws And Business Correspondence||Business Laws- 60 Business correspondence -40|
|Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, And Statistics||Business Mathematics- 40 Logical Reasoning- 20 Statistics- 40|
|Business Economics And Business & Commercial Knowledge||Business Economics- 60 Business and Commercial Knowledge- 40|