Are you a person who is interested in the educational development of your state? Are you a resident of Bihar who wants to make a change in the state's total number of educated individuals? Then you must apply for the Bihar STET examination. Bihar STET is a recruitment examination that will facilitate the recruitment of qualified individuals as secondary or higher secondary teachers in the schools of the state of Bihar
Latest News on Bihar STET 2020
- September 3, 2020: The Bihar STET Admit Card is available for download now. This hall ticket is for the Bihar STET Re-exam that is being conducted between September 9 and September 21, 2020.
- What is Bihar STET?
- Bihar STET 2020 Exam Date
- Bihar STET 2020 Eligibility
- Bihar STET 2020 Application Form
- Bihar STET 2020 Admit Card
- Bihar STET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus
- Bihar STET 2020 Exam Centres
- Bihar STET 2020 Result
- Bihar STET 2020 Cutoff
- Bihar STET 2020 Vacancy
- Bihar STET 2020 Answer Key
- Bihar STET Helpdesk
What is Bihar STET?
About Bihar STET Exam: The Bihar STET stands for the abbreviation of Bihar Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test. BSTET is performed by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) to recruit secondary and higher secondary school teachers (classes 9- 10) and (classes 11- 12). Bihar STET includes two papers, Paper-I and Paper-II. Applicants should undertake written tests to study in different schools under the Bihar Government. The candidates are required to qualify the exam to be eligible for various schools under the Bihar Government.
Bihar STET Exam Highlights
Some of the key highlights relevant to Bihar STET Exam are tabulated below:
|Exam Name||Bihar Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (Bihar STET)|
|Conducting Body||Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Vacancy Based|
|Exam Duration||Paper I - 2:30 Hrs. Paper-II - 2:30 Hrs.|
|Exam Fees||Paper I: Rs 500 Paper I + Paper II: Rs 800|
|Exam Purpose||Recruitment of teachers for secondary and higher secondary levels|
Bihar STET 2020 Exam Date
Candidates must be well aware of the important events and dates related to the Bihar STET exam. The BSEB had released the Bihar STET 2020 exam dates on the official website. Candidates can check the dates for the exam in the table below.
|BIHAR STET Events||BIHAR STET Dates|
|Notification Release||July 7, 2019|
|Start Date of Online Registration||December 17, 2019|
|End Date of Online Registration||December 25, 2019|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fee||December 25, 2019|
|Bihar STET Admit Card||January 17, 2020|
|Bihar STET Exam Date||January 28, 2020|
|Bihar STET answer key||February 17, 2020 & May 1, 2020|
Re-Exam: Due to some malpractices and irregularities that were happened in the Bihar STET 2020 exam which was conducted on January 28, 2020, the exam authority has re-scheduled the examination dates for the Bihar STET. The admit card for the re-exam was published on September 3, 2020.
In the new schedule, the exam is conducted from September 9, 2020 to September 21, 2020, except Saturday and Sunday. Candidates can check the new dates given below.
|BIHAR STET Events||BIHAR STET Dates|
|Bihar STET Admit Card Release Date||September 3, 2020|
|Last date to download Bihar STET Admit Card||September 9, 2020|
|Bihar STET Re-Examination Dates||September 9, 2020 to September 21, 2020|
|Bihar STET Result||To be announced later|
Bihar STET 2020 Eligibility
There are some eligibility criteria that are set by BSEB for the candidates to qualify for the Bihar STET #yearexam. Candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria to apply for the posts they are willing to apply under the schools of Bihar Government. In case the candidates do not satisfy any of the eligibility criteria, then the authority has the right to cancel their application. Eligibility criteria mainly include nationality, age limit, domicile and many more. Some of them are discussed below.
Candidates must be a resident of Bihar and an Indian citizen to be eligible for the Bihar STET exam.
The age of the applicants must be between 21 and 40 years. Candidates can check the age limit for all the categories below in the table.
|Categories||BIHAR STET Age Limit|
Candidates must satisfy all the educational qualification that is required for Paper-I and Paper-II. The required educational qualification for Paper-I and Paper-II is listed below.
Bihar STET Paper-I Educational Qualification
The educational qualification required for Paper-II are listed below:
|BIHAR STET Paper-I Subjects||Subjects Codes||Educational Qualification|
|Hindi||101||Bachelor’s degree in Hindi and B.Ed|
|Urdu||102||Bachelor’s degree in Urdu and B.Ed|
|Sanskrit||103||Bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit and B.Ed|
|English||104||Bachelor’s degree in English and B.Ed|
|Mathematics||105||Graduated in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry, and B.Ed|
|Science||106||Bachelor's degree in Botany, Zoology, and Chemistry, and B.Ed.|
|Social Science||107||Gradation of any two of the following subjects-History, Geography, Economics or Political Science (history or geography study is compulsory) and B.Ed|
Bihar STET Paper-I Educational Qualification
Candidates can have a look at the following educational qualification required for Paper-II.
|BIHAR STET Paper-II Subjects||Subject Codes||Educational Qualification|
|English||201||Bachelor’s degree in English and B.Ed|
|Mathematics||202||Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and B.Ed|
|Physics||203||Bachelor’s degree in Physics and B.Ed|
|Chemistry||204||Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and B.Ed|
|Zoology||205||Bachelor’s degree in Zoology and B.Ed|
|Botany||206||Bachelor’s degree in Botany and B.Ed|
|Computer Science||207||A 'DOEACC and Post-Graduate level in any subject matter. Or, BE or B.Tech (Computer Science / IT) or an institution/university or BE or B equivalent degree or diploma. Tech (Any Stream) and Diploma in Postgraduate Computers from any recognized University. Or, M.Sc. (Computer science) / MCA or Accepted University Counterpart Or, B.Sc. (Computer science) / BCA or equivalent and a postgraduate degree in any subject from a recognized university or, a postgraduate degree in computer science and a postgraduate degree in any subject from a recognized university or, 'B' degree from DOEACC and a postgraduate degree in any subject matter. OR 'C' Level from 'DOEACC' Ministry of Information Technology and Communication and Graduation Or, MCA three years course (6 semesters)|
Physical Education & Physical Trainer Qualification
To meet all the eligibility criteria for the post of Physical Education and Physical Trainer, candidates must belong from an Indian State. Candidates must have passed Class 10 and have a certificate /diploma or degree in Physical Education. The Age limit for the post of Physical Education and Physical Trainer is the same as for Paper I and Paper-II.
Bihar STET 2020 Application Form
The BIHAR STET application process is over. The test was cancelled and the re-examination has started from September 9, 2020 and will continue till September 21, 2020. Candidates must fill the application for Bihar STET online on the Board's official website. The application process includes filling out the details of the candidates, uploading the scanned photographs and signing, and payment of the application fee.
How to apply for Bihar STET 2020 Exam?
Candidates must follow these steps to apply for Bihar STET 2020 Exam:
- Visit the official website of BIHAR STET
- On the homepage of the website, find the application form link.
- Tap the ‘Register New Candidate’ tab.
- Provide all the necessary information which includes personal details such as parent's name, date of birth, caste, religion, mobile number, email ID, communication and permanent address, and also education details such as qualifying exam marks/CGPA secured, year of passing, name of college/university etc to complete the registration process. After filling all the mandatory details, submit the details.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive the login details at their registered e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Login to the registered user section and fill out the application form,
- Click on ‘save and continue’ button to save the application form of Bihar STET.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signature and the photograph.
- Preview the application form before the submitting.
- Proceed to pay the approval fee for Bihar STET.
Details required to fill the application form for BIHAR STET
- Post applying for
- Educational Qualification
- Domicile of Bihar
- Candidate PWD
- Birth Date
- ID Email
- Mobile No.
- ID Proof
- Directions Details
- Details on education
BIHAR STET Application Fees
The application fees for both the Paper-I and Paper-II for STET Bihar 2020 re-examination is listed below.
|Paper-I/Paper-II||INR 500||INR 300|
|Both Papers||INR 800||INR 500|
|Physical & Health Instructor Eligibility Test||INR 500||INR 300|
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the application fees of Bihar STET 2020 through any of these modes:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
Documents to be carried while filling up the application form
Candidates must keep these documents while filling the application form for Bihar STET 2020.
- Marksheets of Class 10, 12 & Graduation
- B.Ed Marksheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature
Photograph & Signature Specification
Candidates must upload the photograph and signature as specified in the table below.
|Dimension||3.5 *4.5 cm||3.5 *4.5 cm|
|Resolution||100-150 KB||50-100 KB|
|Format||JPG or JPEG||JPG or JPEG|
Bihar STET 2020 Admit Card
BSEB has released the Bihar STET Admit Card 2020 for the re-examination at the official website on September 3 2020. Both Paper I and Paper II will be conducted in two separate shifts on the same day. Applicants should enter their login credentials to download the admit card from the official website of BSEB. Since BSEB has scheduled the re-examination dates for Bihar STET, so candidates must download the admit card for the re-examination.
How to download the Bihar STET 2020 Admit Card?
The steps to download the Bihar STET admit card 2020 are listed below.
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website of BSEB - bsebstet2019.in
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website, click the 'Download Admit Card for Secondary Teacher Ability Test, 2019' link. A login page will open.
- Step 3: Enter the application number, date of birth and code shown in the picture. Click on Login.
- Step 4: The Bihar STET 2020 admit card will be displayed on the screen. Check all the details of the admit card carefully.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the admit card. Preserve it till the recruitment process is over.
Details on the Bihar STET 2020 Admit Card
At the time of downloading the Bihar STET 2020 admit card from the official website, candidates must ensure that all the details mentioned on the admit card is correct. In case of any discrepancy, candidates must inform the conducting authority. The details provided in the admit card are given below.
|Bihar STET Admit Card details|
|Candidate’s name||Application number|
|Exam date and time||Exam centre name and address|
|Category||Subject name and code|
|Date of birth||Gender|
Bihar STET 2020 Exam Pattern
The Bihar School Examination Board sets the exam pattern of Bihar STET exam. It is very essential for a candidate who is aspiring to be a teacher through Bihar STET exam to know about the pattern of the exam in terms of types of questions, marking scheme, exam duration etc.
The BSEB will conduct the exams in two different shifts for two different papers. Paper I is for secondary-level candidates who are willing to apply for the post of Secondary Teacher and Paper II is for those who are willing to join as a higher-secondary teacher.
Mode of Exam: Both paper 1 and paper 2 will be a pen and paper-based test (Offline). All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) having 4 options and 1 correct answer.
Marking Scheme: +1 mark is awarded for each correct answer. No mark is deducted for wrong or unattempted responses.
|Particulars||BIHAR STET Paper-I||BIHAR STET Paper-II|
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen and Paper Mode)||Offline(Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Names of the Sections||Specific subject Teaching techniques and other eligibility (reasoning)||Specific subject Teaching techniques and other eligibility (reasoning) or, GK and other eligibility (for computer science)|
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours||2.5 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs); 4 options with only 1 correct option||Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs); 4 options with only 1 correct option|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for the correct answer (No negative marking scheme)||+1 for the correct answer (No negative marking scheme)|
Bihar STET Exam Pattern Paper I
The exam pattern for Paper I is given below. There are 2 sections comprising 100 and 50 questions each. The total exam duration of paper 1 is 150 minutes.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Allotted Marks|
|Teaching Ability and other knowledge (GK, Reasoning)||50||50|
Bihar STET Exam Pattern Paper-II
The exam pattern for Paper II is given below. This paper also comprises 2 sections with 100 and 50 questions each which needs to be completed in 150 minutes.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Allotted Marks|
|Teaching Ability and other knowledge or GK and other eligibility (for computer science)||50||50|
Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates must have a good idea about the syllabus of each subject in the Bihar STET 2020 exam. The Bihar STET syllabus is mostly based on graduate-level topics. Questions are mainly asked from secondary and higher secondary levels. The detailed syllabus for both the papers is listed below.
Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus - English
- Parts of Speech
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Questions and Question Tags
- Preposition and Articles
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Phrases – Use of phrases
- Verbs – Main Verbs – Auxiliary Verbs – Phrasal Verbs
- Adverbs – Types of adverbs
- Vocabulary- Antonyms, Synonyms, and Spellings
- Composition – Letter Writing, Precis Writing
- Conjunction – Coordinating conjunction – Subordinating conjunction
- Types of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex – Synthesis of Sentences
Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus - Social Science
- Political Science
Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus - Physics
- Mathematical Methods
- Classical Mechanics
- Molecular Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Quantum Theory and its Applications
- Electromagnetic Theory
Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus - Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements
- Molecular Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Surface Chemistry
- Redox Reactions
- States of Matter
- Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- P, D, F Block Elements
- Alkali and Alkaline earth metals (S Block)
- General Organic Chemistry
- Alcohols, Phenols, Ketones
- Haloalkanes and Aldehydes
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Bihar STET 2020 Syllabus - Mathematics
- Number System
- Data Applications
- Aims, values and instructional objectives of teaching mathematics
Bihar STET 2020 Exam Centres
The Bihar STET 2020 is conducted in 12 cities across Bihar. Candidates can choose their exam city preference at the time of filling the Bihar STET 2020 application form. Candidates must make sure that they carry the admit card and photo identity proof to the exam centre. The list of exam centres is given below.
|Bihar STET Exam Centres|
Bihar STET 2020 Result
The results of Bihar STET are published by the Bihar School Education Board (BSEB). Bihar STET releases 37,335 teaching staff posts in various government schools every year. BIHAR STET releases separate results for the Paper-I and Paper-II. The Bihar STET Result 2020 for re-examination will be announced soon after the exams are over.
How to download the Bihar STET 2020 Result?
Follow these steps below to check the Bihar STET results:
- Visit Bihar STET's official Website, bsebstet2019.in
- Click on the link to download the Bihar STET result.
- Enter the login credentials, password, and registration number.
- Click on the Submit button
- The screen will display the Bihar STET Result 2020 for the re-examination.
- Check the result and carry a hard copy(print out) if required.
Bihar STET 2020 Cutoff
BESB has already mentioned the cutoff percentages for various categories for qualifying the Bihar STET. Candidates can check the cutoff percentages as per their categories.
|Category||BIHAR STET Cutoff Marks|
|Scheduled Class/ Scheduled Tribe/Extremely Backward Class/Backward Class/Physically Handicapped||45%|
Bihar STET 2020 Vacancy
The vacancies listed by the Bihar School Education Board for Secondary and Senior Secondary Teacher recruitment are as follows.
Bihar STET 2020 Vacancies for Secondary Teachers
The vacancies for STET Bihar for the post of Secondary Teachers are listed below.
Bihar STET 2020 Vacancies for Higher-Secondary Teachers
The vacancies for Bihar STET for the post of Higher-Secondary Teachers are listed below.
Bihar STET Answer Key
The Bihar STET answer key for the re-examination was released on October 2, 2020. The exam was conducted from September 9, 2020 to September 21, 2020 and candidates who appeared for the exam can check the Bihar STET answer key from the official website of BSEB. Candidates can calculate their score by checking the answer key. +1 mark is awarded for correct response and no negative marking is applicable in Bihar STET 2020 exam.
How to download the Bihar STET Answer Keys?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the Bihar STET answer key 2020 for Paper I and Paper II:
- Step 1: Visit the Bihar official board of BSEB.
- Step 2: Find the 'Grievance' section at the top of the page, in the drop-down menu, click 'STET Objection 2020'.
- Step 3: A page will appear, fill out all the details like name, paper, subjects, sets of questions, etc.
- Step 4: Answer key will appear for the particular set.
- Step 5:Check the answer key according to the number of questions posted.
Contents Present on the Bihar STET Answer Key
The Bihar STET answer key contains the following details:
- Name of the exam
- Name for the paper
- Date of examination
- Set number of the Paper
- Correct response option for all questions
How to Challenge the Bihar STET 2020 Answer Key
As the answer key has been released by the conducting authority, candidates can challenge the answer key if they have found any discrepancies in the answer key. Few questions might have multiple correct answers and candidates can challenge for the same. An expert committee to analyse the answer key challenges received from the candidates will be brought.
Candidates can follow the step by step process given below to challenge the Bihar STET 2020 answer key
- Candidates need to first visit the official website and download the Bihar STET 2020 answer key for Paper I and Paper II
- Once the answer key is downloaded, compare the answer key with the candidate's response.
- If any answer has to be challenged, candidates need to enter the "Objection, Recommendation or Remarks" in the provided box.
- Click on the "Save" option and candidate's objection will be sent to the BSEB.
Bihar STET Help Desk
In case of any queries related to the Bihar STET exam and its recruitment process, candidates can contact at the details given below.
Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) Patna
Bihar STET Helpline Number: 8454024576 / 7045314945 (10 AM to 6 PM Monday-Saturday)
Bihar STET Email ID: [email protected]