Reviews About Maitreyi college, Delhi University, New Delhi
- Most of the class starts from 8:38 am to 4:30 PM.
- Very good methods of teaching are present here. All faculties are very helpful.
- It was a nice experience in the college.
There are too many societies in the college like Western dance before, Indian dance society, Music, Debate, NCC, NSS, Drama, Fashion society etc.
In the college, we all live a very cool life and all the seniors are very helpful.
Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com], batch of 2017
Maitreya college is good, academically. Regular classes are conducted.
There are several societies in the college.
- *.Abhivyakti: The theatrical society which was established in 1999 and is highly acclaimed.*.
- Zeal: Western Dance society, which is one of thebest Western dance societies in Delhi University.*.
- Galore: The fashion society; is rated as one of the best in Delhi university*.
- Nrityakriti : Indian Dance Society which showcases different dance forms of Indian states. Nrityakriti is amongst the best folk dancesocieties in Delhi university.*.
- Vista: The Photography Society*.
- Trenchant: The English debating Society*.The college also has a very active Enactus society.
Bachelor of Arts [BA] (History), batch of 2019
The class schedules are busy. The classes start from 8 in the morning and it usually ends till 4:30 PM. The quality of teaching is superb with all teachers excelling in their fields. Overall, one could not moan over such a fantastic teaching staff.
There are many societies and clubs comprising of western and traditional dance, music, debate, photography etc. There are several fests conducted throughout the year. Life in college is good overall
B. Sc. (mathematics) , batch of 2017
- Quality and method of teaching are very good at Maitreyi college.
- Teachers are very supportive. Highly qualified teachers are available.
- Maitreyi college is very strict when it comes to studies.
- College starts regularly at 8:30 am.
- Overall experience is good.
- There are dance societies, music societies, drama and art society, fashion society and debate society held in Maitreyi college.
- College life in Maitreyi college is very.
B.Sc. physics hons, batch of 2019
- There is a hectic scenario in Maitreyi college, Delhi University, New Delhi.
- There are plenty of the societies at Maitreyi college, Delhi University, New Delhi like dance and drama society, music society, debate etc.
- Diwali festival is the main fest in college.
- Life in college is good.
Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Computer Science and Engineering), batch of 2017
- The daily routine is good and classes start in morning but vary sometimes. projects and assignments marks calculate in your internals and student internals are based on projects, assignments and test.
- The quality and method of teaching are good at Maitreyi college, Delhi University, New Delhi.
- If you have any problem with anything you also change your teacher by writing the application to the HOD.
- There are some people who are not very polite to students in college office or there are some teachers also.
- In the office, they also don't listen to your complaints no matter how good you are.
- The overall experience is good especially in my department all the teacher are very nice and polite.
- So many societies are there in college. so many to count even there are two-two societies for single talent, for example-there are three dance societies in college namely dance, fashion, debate, singing, drama.
- So many fests are there that you cannot even count.
- Each department has their own fest and then college fest and then university fest.
- The life in the college is very good in Maitreyi college. You cannot bore in this college.
Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com], batch of 2016
College timings start from 8:30 and the college close at 5 or 6'o clock in Maitreyi college. Classes are 1 hour. Semester ending exams happens once in December and then in may for the different semester. Teachers start giving us assignment ad takin our test from 1-2 month before the exams. Teachers take 3 assignment and 3 test for each subject and then they choose the best out of three marks and then include it in the final list.
Teachers are very much devoted to their work. They always come on time to the class and along with the subject they take with us in a frankly way, teaches us the different aspects of life and make us think more beyond the subject.
College is excellent . The environment, the people, the staff, everything is nice.
- There is Commerce society, dance society named zeal, fashion society named galore, photography society, enactus, debating society etc.
- Every dept of college organise their own freshers and fests along with this college organises Diwali mela, college freshers, and college fest. Many seminars on different topics also takes place in college. College provide us many opportunity to explore and find our inner self, our interest, make us more confident and we get to meet different people and learn from them in Maitreyi college .
- In general college life is fun along with studies.
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc], batch of 2017
Classes are from 8:30 to 4. Apart university exams, internal examination is regular for continuous evaluation.
The teachers are highly interactive and helpful with great guidelines for future in Maitreyi college.
College is a cheerful campus with a great environment to work in.
Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA], batch of 2017
- I am pretty satisfied with Maitreyi college, Delhi University except the class timings. We have 2 classes in the morning and then in the evening so the gap is very much.
- Talking about the quality of teaching, it is very good. The teachers are very nice.
- My overall experience with Maitreyi college is good.
Bachelor of Arts [BA] (English), batch of 2017
- Some classes have very late timings, but we don't really mind it.
- The professors are pretty much amazing and extremely cool and friendly thereby making the whole teaching experience wonderful.
- Maitreyi College is one of the best institutions in the country. Apart from the warm faculty and beautiful gardens and spacious infrastructure, it provides a certain amount of warmth and comfort which makes you feel like home and never want to leave.
- The college campus has societies for all fields such as music, debate, dance and literary societies as well.
- All kinds of festivals are celebrated on the campus.
- In general, college life is amazing.
About Maitreyi college, Delhi University, New Delhi
Maitreyi College, a constituent College of the University of Delhi, was founded in 1967 by Delhi Administration. The College made a modest beginning at Netaji Nagar with a staff of seventeen teachers offering only B.A. (Pass) and B.Sc. (General) courses. It has since made rapid progress both in size and stature. Presently our campus in Chanakya Puri is spread over ten acres of land in lush green surroundings with extensive play grounds and open spaces. We have a distinguished faculty of 125 teachers and 93 members for administrative support.
Maitreyi College now offers postgraduate courses in Mathematics and Political Science including honours courses in Physical and Life Sciences, Commerce and Humanities. Last year our College started Post Graduate Diploma in Nanotechnology, the first such course in University of Delhi. The college has another first to its credit by focusing on e-learning methodology to create teaching material and evaluation quizzes. The College also offers short term certificate courses in Journalism and Web-designing.
Why to Join Maitreyi College?
1. Educational Visits –
The college organizes for several educational visits for the students to the various industries and institutes. This activity helps, enlighten and educates the students on various aspects and develops their interest in the field.
2. Student Union –
The college has an active & responsible Student union. It has candidate elected from the students who undertakes and organizes for certain activities in the college for the students. It also organizes for the event “RHAPSODY” a inter college festival in college.
3. College Magazine –
Every year the colleges publish a magazine. The creativity of the students is given expression from their contributions to the magazine.
Courses Offered :-
Under Graduate Program (4 Years)
- Bachelor with Honours in English
- Bachelor with Honours in Hindi
- Bachelor with Honours in History
- Bachelor with Honours in Political Sc.
- Bachelor with Honours in Sanskrit
- Bachelor with Honours in Sociolgoy
- Bachelor with Honours in Commerce
- Bachelor with Honours in Botany
- Bachelor with Honours in Chemistry
- Bachelor with Honours in Maths
- Bachelor with Honours in Physics
- Bachelor with Honours in Zoology
- B.Tech Computer Science
Under Graduate Courses B.Sc (Hons) (3 Years)
- Chemistry (Integrated)
- Physics (Integrated)
- Physical Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Computer, Maths)
- Life Sciences (Botony, Chemistry, Zoology)
- Political Science
Restructured B.A. Programme
- English A/B/C compulsory.
- Student may opt for any one of the following Indian Language:
Students may opt for any combination of two discipline courses, which will continue till the third year.
- History and Political Science
- Sociology and English Discipline
- Economics and Mathematics
- Economics and Computer Application
- History and Sanskrit/ Punjabi Discipline
- Sociology and Political Science
- Economics and English Discipline
- Mathematics and Computer Application (Student should have studied English till XII, 60% marks in Eco/Maths)
- Political Science and Sankrit/ Punjabi Discipline
The college offers a course in Language, Literature and Culture. Students can choose either Hindi or English medium for the above course.
The college offers following application courses:
- Creative writing (in Hindi)
- Computer Application