Indian students willing to study medicine abroad must be familiar with the MCI approved MBBS universities. Read through the article to learn about MCI approved MBBS universities in detail.
There has been an exponential increase in the number of Indian students going abroad to study medicine. As a result, the Medical Council of India (MCI) has compiled a list of international medical institutions that are recognized by the Indian Embassy or the High Commission of India. The purpose of this article is to inform you about the MCI approved MBBS universities abroad.
MCI identified that Indian students willing to pursue medical courses abroad often get misleading and fabricated information through agents. To bring an end to this malicious practice, it provided a list of such universities.
Table of Contents
- What is the MCI Screening Test?
- Country-Wise List of MCI Approved MBBS Universities
- Why Study in MCI Approved Medical Universities?
What is the MCI Screening Test?
The Medical Council of India Screening Test is also called the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE). The Indian students who complete the MBBS degree from an MCI approved medical university abroad must take the MCI screening test to practice in India after graduation. With complete knowledge of the subject, students can easily crack this exam.
Following are some of the key points about the MCI screening test:
- The exam is conducted twice a year.
- The language of instruction is English.
- There are a total of 300 MCQs in this test, which is then divided into two sections. Each section carries 150 marks.
- The MCI Screening Test does not have any negative marking.
- Students with a minimum of 50% in the MBBS degree are eligible to take this test.
- Students can attempt the MCI Screening Test multiple times.
Country-Wise List of MCI Approved MBBS Universities
The list contains more than 483 MCI approved MBBS universities. Below you will find a small sample of the list of these universities. (country-wise). Let us find the MCI-approved MBBS universities in the following countries:
Medical universities in Russia offer high-quality education at low tuition fees, which is one of the main reasons why Indian students prefer to pursue an MBBS in Russia. All the medical schools in Russia have been recognized by WHO and MCI. It is also found that twelve of these Russian medical universities teach MBBS in the English language. Following is the list of MCI approved MBBS universities in Russia:
- Belgorod National Research University
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- The Orenburg State Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Chechen State University
- Chuvash State University
- Crimean Federal University
Ukraine is one of the most popular study destinations for students willing to pursue medical studies abroad. There are several top government medical colleges in the country that offer MBBS, MD, and other related programs. Most of the leading medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by organizations like UNESCO and WHO. Given below is the list of MCI approved MBBS universities in Ukraine:
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv
- National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsia
- O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University
- Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University, Ukraine
As reported by the Ministry of Education (MoE) of the People's Republic of China, there are 45 universities in China where international students can pursue MBBS programs in the English language. Therefore, Indian students who want to study MBBS in English must apply to one of these educational institutions; otherwise, they will have to study medicine in the Chinese language. Here is the list of MCI approved MBBS universities in China:
- Jilin University
- China Medical University
- Dalian Medical University
- Capital Medical University
- Tianjin Medical University
- Shandong University
- Fudan University
- Xinjiang Medical University
- Nanjing Medical University
- Jiangsu University
Nepal is another preferred destination for Indian students seeking medical studies abroad. With its close proximity and relaxed immigration policies, this country has become a major hub for Indian medical aspirants. The cost of MBBS programs in Nepal is also very reasonable compared to other western nations. Find below the list of MCI approved medical universities in Nepal:
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
- Kathmandu University
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
- U. Manipal Academy
- U. Tribhuvan
Indian students who want to study medicine in Bangladesh can apply for direct admission through the SAARC countries quota, which allows them to study for a very low tuition fee. If students do not wish to take admission through the SAARC program, they can apply directly to the medical universities in Bangladesh. Some of the MCI approved medical institutions in Bangladesh are listed below:
- Bangladesh University of Professionals
- Gono Bishwabiddalay, Bangladesh
- Shah Jalal Uni. of Science & Technology, Sylhet
- University of Chittagong
- University of Dhaka
- University of Rajshahi
- University of Science & Technology, Chittagong
Philippine medical schools offer MD degrees, which are equivalent to MBBS degrees in India. The medical universities in the Philippines are renowned for providing quality education and excellent training and research facilities.
Due to the low tuition fees and high quality of education at its medical colleges, the country has a popular destination for Indian students interested in pursuing MBBS programs abroad. Some of the MCI approved medical universities in the Philippines are listed as follows:
- Ago Medical Center
- AMA School of Medicine
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Cebu Doctors University
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Lyceum Northwestern University
- Manila Central University
- San Beda College
- Southwestern University, Urgello
- University of Northern Philippines
- University of Perpetual Help
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
Kyrgyz Republic is an attractive option for Indian students looking to pursue an MBBS program abroad as the country offers low-cost medical education. In the country, 5 percent of seats in medical universities are filled by international students.
The universities of Kyrgyz Republic award degrees that are internationally recognized, and after the competition of the program, students can get a license to practice medicine in India. Following is the list of MCI approved MBBS universities in the Kyrgyz Republic:
- Asian Medical Institute
- International School of Medicine
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- Jalal-Abad State University
- Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University
- Osh State University
Why Study in MCI Approved Medical Universities?
Listed below are a few of the reasons why medical students should study in MCI approved medical universities:
- Internationally recognized degrees
- Top-class teaching standards
- Great Exposure
- World-class infrastructure
- Reasonable Fees
- English taught programs
POST YOUR COMMENT