|Conducted By||Delhi Assembly Research Centre (DARC)|
|Eligibility||Candidates with a PhD degree|
|Rewards||Up to INR 1,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||August 10, 2022|
The DARC fellowship provides research opportunities to deserving young scholars in India. The Delhi Assembly Research Centre (DARC), set up by the legislative assembly of the national territory of Delhi, provides the DARC fellowship programme. The selected fellows will receive INR 1,00,000, and the associated fellows will receive INR 60,000 as a stipend. The applicants who have graduation, postgraduation or PhD degree and are within 31 years of age can apply to the programme. The Delhi Assembly Research Centre has not announced the DARC fellowship last date for 2021-22. However, they had extended the application last date for the previous year to August 10th, 2022.
Note: DARC fellowship application for 2023 still needs to be updated. However, the last date for 2022 was August 10th, 2022.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply?
- Essential Documents
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
DARC is a distinguished research centre handled by the Delhi assembly. The DARC fellowship programme is designed to create a centre for valuable research and store reference materials for lawmakers and stakeholders by involving the youth of India. The fellows will be initially selected for one year. However, the assembly can extend the programme for up to two years, depending on the fellows' performance. The DARC fellowship programme is exclusively available to Indian citizens and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
DARC Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can apply to the fellow position or an associate fellow position as per the eligibility criteria. Those who complete their bachelor's or master's degree in 2019-20 can also apply to the DARC fellowship. However, they should submit a transcript on the university letterhead at the time of the interview or within three months from the start of the DARC fellowship 2023 programme. The DARC fellowship eligibility criteria to apply for the programme are as follows:
- The candidates should not be more than 31 years of age.
- They should either be Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India.
- The candidates should have a PhD or doctorate with full-time experience for one year.
- They should have secured 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA in the postgraduate degree. They should have at least two years of full-time work experience.
- The DARC fellowship will consider candidates with a professional degree such as MBBS, LLB, etc., a five-course after class XII as postgraduates.
- Chartered Accountants (CA), Company Secretaries (CS), architects, etc., should be registered with the respective professional bodies. They should also have at least two years of post-registration work experience to apply for the DARC fellowship.
- Those who have graduated with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA and have at least four years of full-time work experience can also apply to the DARC fellowship.
For Associate Fellows
- The applicants should have secured at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- They should have a minimum of full-time work experience for one year.
For Associate Fellows (Media)
- Candidates with a postgraduate degree or those who have completed a mass communication/ journalism diploma should have obtained at least 50%
- Those who have a graduation degree in mass communication/ journalism should have secured a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA. They should also have full-time work experience for one year.
The assembly will prefer candidates with the following qualifications for the DARC fellowship programme:
- Candidates with research or work experience in their relevant field.
- Those with a leadership role in a school, college or at work.
- The candidates with an exceptional record in extracurricular activities such as sports, culture and art.
- Those with a good track record in public service.
- The applicants who have good written and communication skills.
- Also, those with good computer skills.
Benefits of DARC Fellowship
Depending on the task, the fellows and associate fellows will directly report to the advisor of the honourable speaker, honourable members, chairpersons of the house committees or officers of the Delhi assembly. DARC will initially assign specific assignments to the fellows and associate fellows. Eventually, the assembly expects them to contribute to other ongoing initiatives or activities as and when required. Listed below are the benefits of DARC fellowship 2023 programme:
- The talented young minds will get an opportunity to work and coordinate with the legislators, Delhi assembly secretariat and the Delhi government departments.
- The honourable speaker and the advisor to the honourable speaker and secretary will mentor the fellows depending on the tasks, which will help the candidates to learn more about public service.
- The DARC fellowship offers INR 1,00,000 per month to the selected fellows and INR 60,000 per month to the associate fellows as a stipend.
How to Apply for DARC Fellowship?
Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications before the DARC fellowship last date to avoid rejections. Then, they can apply online to the DARC fellowship programme by filling in an application form and attaching the required documents. While filling in the application form, the applicants should not forget to click on the save and proceed button before moving to the next section. The assembly provides a sample application form that can be downloaded and printed for future reference. The details of the application process are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official DARC fellowship website.
Step 2 - They should register themselves to obtain the DARC fellowship login credentials.
Step 3 - After registration, they should log in and fill in the application form.
Step 4 - The candidates should click on the 'save and proceed' button after filling in each section.
Step 5 - They should scan the required documents and upload them in the prescribed format.
Step 6 - After filling in the application form and uploading the documents, the candidates should click on the submit button to complete the application process.
Step 7 - They should take a printout of the DARC fellowship application form for future reference.
Note: The candidates cannot change any details of the DARC fellowship application form after submission.
Essential Documents for DARC Fellowship
The candidates should have all the documents ready before applying for the DARC fellowship programme. Those who submit the applications and the documents more than once will be rejected. The applicants should upload the scanned copies of the documents and not send the hard copies to the DARC office. However, they should carry their original and attested documents of their education, work certificates, etc., at the time of the DARC fellowship interview.
Listed below are the essential documents:
- Latest passport size photo
- An updated CV (not exceeding two pages)
- Written essay with a minimum of 200 words and up to 300 words
- Note: The panel will not consider the resume and the essays exceeding the page or word limit.
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts with the university letterhead
- Work experience certificates along with the dates
- Self-employed candidates should submit income tax returns
- ID proof issued by the government of India
Selection Process of DRAC Fellowship
The Delhi Technological University (DTU) selects the deserving candidates for the DARC DTU fellowship after a rigorous process. The panel will select eight fellows, thirteen associate fellows and four associate fellows (media) for the DARC fellowship. However, the number may vary according to the requirement. The selection process involves two stages to evaluate the qualities of the applicants. The selection process for the DARC fellowship are as follows:
Stage - 1
- The panel will screen the applications and shortlist them based on their academic and professional merit and their answers to the personal statement questions given in the application form.
- The selection panel will also consider the candidates' institution and its credibility, the number of years and the relevance of their work experience, and their motivation to join the DARC fellowship programme.
- The panel will invite only the shortlisted candidate to attend the DARC fellowship interview questions.
Stage - 2
- The shortlisted candidates should attend a face-face interview.
- The selection panel conducting the personal interview will consist of expert academicians and civil society officers.
- The panel will either conduct the DARC fellowship interview in Delhi (preferred) or through a video conference.
Terms and Conditions of DARC Fellowship
Listed below are the important terms and conditions of the DARC fellowship:
- The candidates should not have any pending criminal cases filed against them.
- DARC has the right to disqualify applicants at any stage if they fail to submit the documents.
- The decisions made by DARC are final and binding.
The candidates can send a mail to the office in case of any queries regarding the DARC DTU fellowship. The contact details are as follows:
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Delhi Assembly Research Center (DARC), Khyber Pass, Civil Lines, Delhi, India - 110054.|
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.