Do you know that the JE (Junior Engineers) is the backbone of the various Govt works Department? As a JE, you can employ your Technical skills in making the country better and technologically advanced. Want to know the procedure to join, follow the details given below.
- December 27, 2020: The provisional answer key for the SSC JE 2019-2020 exam is released. Candidates can check the same by logging in and submit their objections if any, on or before December 31, 2020. The candidates are required to make a payment of INR 100 per objection.
- December 1, 2020: The SSC has announced that the final results for the SSC JE 2018-2019 Exam will be announced on December 20, 2020. Visit the SSC JE Results page for regular updates.
- What is the SSC JE Exam?
- SSC JE 2020 Exam Date
- SSC JE 2020 Notification
- SSC JE 2020 Vacancy
- SSC JE 2020 Eligibility
- SSC JE 2020 Syllabus
- SSC JE 2020 Application Form
- SSC JE 2020 Application Process
- SSC JE 2020 Exam Pattern
- SSC JE 2020 Admit Card
- SSC JE 2020 Exam Centres
- SSC JE 2020 Result
- SSC JE 2020 Cut off
- SSC JE 2019 Exam Analysis
- SSC JE Selection Process
- SSC JE 2020 Salary
- SSC JE 2020 Reference Books
- SSC JE 2020 Previous Year Question Papers
- SSC JE 2020 Coaching Centres
- SSC JE 2020 Preparation Tips
- SSC JE Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is SSC JE Exam?
SSC JE Exam is conducted for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in various Government Departments. It is a national level exam for the recruitment of Group B Non-Gazetted Officers in Govt organisations such as CPWD, MES, BRO etc. Every year Lakhs of candidates appear for few thousand seats in this exam.
The exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, which is affiliated to the Department of Personal training (DoPT), Govt of India. SSC is responsible for conducting recruitment exams for the posts under Group B and C in various departments under the Govt of India.
SSC JE 2020 Exam Highlights
The various details for this exam are as follows:
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer(SSC JE)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|SSC JE Exam level||National Level Test|
|Mode of Application||Online/ Offline|
|Exam Mode||Paper 1: Online|
|Paper 2: Offline (Descriptive)|
|Duration||Paper 1: 120 minutes|
|Paper 2: 120 minutes|
SSC JE 2020 Exam Dates
The SSC JE 2020 Notification which was scheduled to release in the first week of August has been delayed and the new dates shall be announced soon.
The SSC JE 2020 Notification which was expected to be out by August 4, 2020 has now been postponed yet again. The notification shall contain all important dates and details. The application process for SSC JE 2020 shall also begin same the day the notification releases.
The dates given below might be subject to change and shall be updated here as soon as the new dates are released.
SSC JE Important Dates are given below:
|Registration Begins||August 13, 2019|
|Application Submission Last Date||September 12, 2019|
|Facility fo change the exam centres||September 18, 2020 - September 20, 2020|
|SSC JE 2020 Paper I Admit Card||October 14, 2020|
|Paper I Exam||October 27, 2020 to October 30, 2020|
|Paper I Results||To be announced|
|Paper-II Admit Card||To be announced|
|Paper-II Exam||January 31, 2020|
|SSC JE 2020 Paper-II Results||To be announced|
Note: The SSC JE Exam 2020 Paper I dates which were previously scheduled to be held in the month of September have been revised again and now is scheduled to commence from October 27, 2020 to October 30, 2020. The dates might be revised again. The SSC JE 2020 Paper-II dates are not out yet and will likely be announced soon. The admit card for SSC JE 2020 Paper I shall be released a week or two prior to the examination date.
SSC JE 2020 Notification
The SSC JE 2020 Notification that was expected to release in the first week of August 2020 has been delayed. The new date shall be announced soon and will be updated here as soon as they release. The SSC JE 2020 Application process shall also begin from the same date. The SSC JE 2020 Notification shall have all necessary information regarding the exam date, application start and end dates, fee payment details, exam centres, exam timings, vacancies, admit release dates, other rules and regulations about the exam, etc. The candidates shall be able to download the SSC JE 2020 Notification from the official website. The notification will be released in the form of a PDF. Candidates are advised to check the official website for regular updates.
SSC JE 2020 Vacancy
SSC JE exam is conducted for the post of Junior Engineer in different Government Departments given in the table below. Some seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to specific categories. The SSC JE 2020 Vacancy has not been released yet.
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer [Civil, Mechanical]|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer [Civil, Electrical]|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer [Mechanical, Electrical]|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer [Civil, Mechanical, Electrical]|
|Border Road Organization (BRO)||Junior Engineer [Civil, Mechanical, Electrical]|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer [Civil, Mechanical, Electrical]|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer [Mechanical, Electrical]|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer [Civil, Mechanical, Electrical]|
The SSC JE vacancies for each category will be uploaded shortly after the official notification is released.
The Staff Selection Commission for SSC JE 2019 announced 1601 vacancies for five posts namely JE Mechanical, JE Civil, JE Electrical, JE Electrical and Mechanical, and JE Quality Surveying and Contract. The number of vacancies is different for each post and is likely to change every year. The Staf Selection Commission announces the vacant position according to their requirement.
SSC JE 2020 Eligibility
The SSC JE 2020 eligibility depends on the aspiring candidate's nationality, age and educational qualification. In order to qualify for SSC JE 2020, the candidate must meet all the eligibility criteria that are stated below-
SSC JE 2020 Nationality
A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Bhutan
- a subject of Nepal
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan and East African Countries of Malawi, Zaire, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement.
SSC JE 2020 Age Limit
The age criterion varies from one post to another. Also, it varies with the department the candidate is aspiring to join. The candidates belonging to certain categories such as SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen etc are given some relaxation in age criterion. The age relaxation for each category is given below:
|Category||Age Relaxation (Years)|
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after Deduction of Military service rendered|
SSC JE 2020 Educational Qualification
Candidates should have either a bachelor's degree in either civil engineering or mechanical engineering or electrical engineering OR Diploma in the respective fields. Also in some branches, work experience is needed in addition to the respective diploma.
SSC JE 2020 Syllabus
The SSC JE Exam involves two papers. The syllabus for each paper is different. SSC JE 2020 Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II are given below:
Paper I: The Paper I is divided into three sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering. The detailed syllabus for each section is given below:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Series and Sequences
- Data Interpretations
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Government Policies
- Current Affairs
- World History
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Paper-II: The SSC JE 2020 Paper II tests the technical knowledge of the individual in their respective domain. The standard of Paper-II will be of the level of Diploma in engineering in the respective Branches (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical). The Paper-II for SSC JE consists of descriptive type questions. A few topics for each of the branches are given below:
- Civil and Structural Engineering - For Civil Engineering the topics are Building Materials, Costing and Valuation, Soil Mechanics, Irrigation Engineering, Steel Design, RCC Design, Hydraulics, Estimating, etc.
- Electrical Engineering - For Electrical engineering, the topics are AC Fundamentals, Electrical Machines, Basic Electronics, Circuit Law, Basic Concept, Magnetic Circuit, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering - For Mechanical engineering, the topics are Boilers, Properties of pure substances, Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Specification, Air Compressors and their Cycles, Fluid Kinematics, Fluid Statics, etc.
SSC JE 2020 Application Form
The notification for SSC JE 2020 shall release in the month of August. The SSC JE 2020 Application is the first step of the SSC JE 2020 Selection process. After the successful completion of the SSC JE 2020 Application process, all aspirants shall then receive the admit card which is only given to those who have completed the application steps. The SSC JE 2020 Application form shall be available online on the official website of the SSC on the same data the notification releases. The application form has two parts. Part I involves filling of personal and academic details and part II involves payment of fees and uploading all the required scanned documents.
The payment of SSC JE 2020 application fees can be made online and offline both. In the online mode, the candidate has to pay through the Debit/Credit card, BHIM, UPI or Internet Banking. In the offline mode, the candidate can pay through Bank Challan. Application fees for SSC JE Exam 2020 for different categories are as follows:
|General/ OBC||INR 100|
Documents required to apply for the SSC JE Exam 2020
The candidates are required to upload the scanned images of the following documents:
- Photograph: The format should be in .jpg. The size of the image should be between 4 and 12 KB. The dimensions should be 120*100 pixels.
- Signature: The size of the image should be between 1 and 12 KB. The image should be in .jpg format. The image dimensions should be 60*140 pixels.
SSC JE 2020 Application Process
Candidates who want to apply for SSC JE 2020 Exam can find the detailed SSC JE 2020 Application Process below.
How to Apply for the SSC JE 2020 exam?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC i.e www.ssc.nic.in
- Step 2: Select 'SSC JE 2020 Registration'.
- Step 3: The candidates are required to enter their basic personal details such as name, date of birth, residential address, category.
- Step 4: Choose the exam centre as per your convenience from the list.
- Step 5: Verify all the details and click on 'I Agree' at the end of the page.
- Step 6: A confirmation page will be generated with Registration ID and other details if the registration is successful. The applicants need to save it for future references.
- Step 1: Once the first part of the registration is complete, proceed for 'Part II Registration".
- Step 2: Enter the Registration ID that you received in Part I and your Date of birth for logging in.
- Step 3: Online Payment: Pay the application fee either through Debit Card or Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Offline Payment: Select the offline mode payment, download the system generated the challan and submit the fee by cash at any bank.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned images of the following documents - photograph and signature.
- Step 5: Click on the 'Submit' button. A confirmation page will be generated. Applicants are required to download the confirmation and take photocopies for future references.
SSC JE 2020 Exam Pattern
The SSC JE exam pattern consists of two papers. Paper-I will be a computer-based test, and Paper-II will be an offline exam. Only those candidates who qualify Paper I will be allowed to appear for Paper-II. The SSC JE Exam pattern for both the paper is given below:
This paper will be objective and contains three sections. The candidate has to solve 200 questions in 2 hours. The details of the Paper I exam pattern is as follows:
|Paper||No. of Sections||Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marking|
|Paper I||3||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours||0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
The Paper-II will be of descriptive type. The questions will be based on the domain in which the candidate has done his/her Degree or Diploma in Engineering. The exam pattern for Paper II is as follows:
|Paper||No. of Sections||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper-II||1 out of 3||Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical||300||2 hours|
SSC JE 2020 Admit Card
SSC JE Admit Card will only be available online at the official website of the commission. The candidates who have paid the fees and are satisfying the eligibility conditions for the exam will be able to download the SSC JE 2020 Admit card by entering their Registration ID and Date of birth. The candidates possessing the admit card will only be allowed to enter the exam hall. The admit card is a very important document which must be carried to the examination centre on the day of the exam along with other essential documents such as a valid Identification proof, a passport size photo and other required documents as per the instructions.
Details printed on SSC JE 2020 Admit Card
- Candidate's Name
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Category of the Candidate
- Exam Centre
- Exam Centre Address
- Date of the Exam
- Time of the Exam
How to download SSC JE 2020 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of the commission.
- Select the Login tab.
- Enter your login credentials i.e your Register Number and Date of Birth.
- You will be able to view your Admit Card
SSC JE 2020 Exam Centres
The exam centres for SSC JE 2020 are spread all across the country. The exam centres with their Regional head Office are given below:
|S.No||Examination Centres & Centre Code||SSC Region and States/ UTs under the jurisdiction of the Region|
|1||Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Varanasi.||Central Region (CR)/Bihar and Uttar Pradesh|
|2||Port Blair, Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Balasore, Behrampur-Ganjam, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Gangtok, Asansol, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri.||Eastern Region (ER)/Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal|
|3||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi. Ernakulam, Kannur, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, Kavaratti.||Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala|
|4||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain.||Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)/Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
|5||Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Guwahati (Dispur), Jorhat, Silchar, Tejpur, Imphal, Shillong, Aizwal, Kohima, Agartala.||North Eastern Region (NER)/ Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.|
|6||Delhi NCR, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur. Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee.||Northern Region (NR)/Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand|
|7||Chandigarh, Hamirpur, Shimla, Jammu, Leh, Srinagar (J&K), Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala,||North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab|
|8||Chirala, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Puducherry, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal.||Southern Region (SR)/Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.|
|9||Panaji, Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune,||Western Region (WR)/Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra|
Documents required at the Exam Centre
The applicant must take the following documents to the exam centre:
- SSC JE Admit card
- A valid Photo ID card
SSC JE 2020 Results
SSC JE Exam has two stages. The result for each stage will be declared on the official website of the SSC. The Paper I result will be probably declared in November and the final result is expected to be declared in May next year but dates can change due to postponement of exams. The result will be given in the official website of SSC which the candidates can download in the form of a merit list.
The SSC JE 2020 results will be based on the cutoff decided by the commission for each stage. The candidates clearing the cutoff for Paper I will be selected for the Paper-II. After the candidates appeared for Paper II, combined marks of Paper I and II will be used to generate the final result. All candidates who have cleared the Paper-II and who have secured the cut-off marks shall be selected or shortlisted for the post of Junior Engineer for the Government of India in various departments.
How to download SSC JE 2020 Result?
- Visit the official website
- Click on SSC JE 2020 Results
- The page will be redirected, the candidates are required to enter their login credentials to view their scorecard.
- Roll number and the date of birth will be the login credentials and it is important to note that the credentials cannot be disclosed to anyone.
- Click on Submit, the SSC JE examination results will be displayed on the screen.
SSC JE 2020 Cut off
The Cutoffs are decided by the commission after each paper. The cutoff varies for different categories. The candidates above the cutoff make it to the advanced stage. The cutoff for each stage of 2018 is as follows:
Cutoff for Paper I
|Category||Civil Engineering||Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering|
Cutoff for (Paper I + Paper-II)
|Category||Civil Engineering||Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering|
SSC JE 2020 Exam Analysis
The SSC JE 2019 exam was held on September 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27, 2019. The Paper analysis for the same is given below-
The SSC JE 2019 Paper 1 was easy to moderate and covered all topics from the SSC JE Syllabus.
The Reasoning section of Paper 1 was easy and most questions were repeated from previous years. Blood Relations questions were of the puzzled base.
General awareness questions were also not very difficult and were moderate. The basic questions that were asked were computer-related. The history questions were considered tricky and also currents affairs questions were asked.
The General Engineering paper was easy but lengthy. Most questions were repeated from previous years. The numerical questions in some shifts were more compared to other shifts.
SSC JE Selection Process
The Process starts with filling of the application process in which the candidates have to give their preference for different departments. The candidates then appear for the Paper I. The candidates who can qualify the cutoff for Paper I proceeds for the Paper two. Paper-II is a descriptive one.
After Paper II the marks of Paper I and II are combined to form merit list. The candidates in the merit list then proceed for document verification. After the document verification, the candidates will be allotted departments based on the Marks they got and the preference they gave at the time of applying for the exam.
The Process is the same for all the departments except the BRO. For BRO Physical efficiency test and Medical test will also be there. In Physical efficiency test, candidates have to cover the 1-mile distance in 10 minutes. The test is qualifying and no marks are there, the candidate just needs to cover the distance in the allotted time. In Medicals candidate will be checked against the set physical standards decided by the organisation.
SSC JE 2020 Salary
The salary details for the post of SSC JE are as follows:
|Junior Engineers Group-'B' (Non-Gazetted)||Level-6||INR 35400-112400||INR 4200|
Also, the SSC JE is eligible for the following Allowances:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Travelling Allowances
- Other Special Allowances
Read more about SSC JE Salary
SSC JE 2020 Reference Books
The Selection of good and relevant books forms the foundation for the preparation. The candidate should not only select not only good books but it should be suitable for the candidate also. The candidate can select from the following highly recommended books for SSC JE:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- SSC (CPWD/MES) Civil Engineering 10 Solved Papers & 10 Practice Papers for Junior Engineers by GKP Publication
- SSC (CPWD/MES) Mechanical Engineering 10 Solved Papers & 10 Practice Papers for Junior Engineers by GKP Publication
- SSC (CPWD/MES) Electrical Engineering 10 Solved Papers & 10 Practice Papers for Junior Engineers by GKP Publication
SSC JE 2020 Previous Year Question Papers
The Staff Selection Commission of India conducts SSC JE 2020 Exam for hiring Junior Engineers in various departments of Government of India. The SSC JE 2020 Syllabus includes sections like Reasoning, General Awareness and Engineering Concepts. Candidates can use SSC JE 2020 Reference Books for practising all the topics in the syllabus. Along with the reference books, solving old question papers will help applicants get acquainted with exam pattern, types of questions asked in the exam and difficulty level of the SSC JE 2020 Exam.
SSC JE Coaching Centres
Several coaching centres are there for SSC JE Exam all over the country. The leading coaching centres in the country are:
Coaching Centres in Delhi
- Raj Engineering Academy
- KTB Tutors
Coaching Centres in Bengaluru
- Elite IIT
- Race Coaching Institute
- Tripti Coaching Centre
Coaching Centres in Mumbai
- Success Forum
- Promising Career Academy
- IBOP Academy
Coaching Centres in Kolkata
- Eastern India Academic Classes
- Institute of Academic Excellence
- Vivek Edu Centre
SSC JE 2020 Preparation Tips
The aspiring candidates must follow the steps given below in order to qualify the SSC JE 2020 Exam
- Thoroughly study and revise the syllabus required for SSC JE 2020 Exam.
- The books that are referred must be followed and studied.
- Candidates must make a routine or a time table to revise the subjects and lessons daily or on an everyday basis.
- Another important practice is to take the examples of SSC JE Previous year Question papers.
- There are many mock test books available that give the candidates a good idea of the exam. Candidates must practice those.
- Candidates must also pay attention to time management.
- Candidates must always get their doubts cleared and seek professional guidance in order to qualify the SSC JE 2020 exam.
- The candidates can also take many mock tests that are available online.
- Another important practice in order to qualify the SSC JE 2020 is to read the news, latest updates and developments, etc, to keep oneself aware and well informed.
The key to clear the SSC JE 2020 is to study diligently and with much hard work. The preparation tips for SSC JE 2020 must be followed strictly.
SSC JE Contact Details
In case of any query or doubt, candidates can contact the authorities. Given below are the contact details of the SSC JE 2020 Exam authorities.
Address: Staff Selection Commission,1st Floor, South Wing, Pratishtha Bhawan,101, Maharshi Karve Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 022-22019118
Fax number: 022-22018527