The candidates who are appearing for the GPAT 2021 exam should check the GPAT exam pattern 2021 and the subjects and the marking scheme of this exam to prepare and rank well in the examination. The GPAT exam pattern 2021 is designed by the official authorities responsible for organizing the GPAT 2021. Applicants should carefully go through the given GPAT exam pattern 2021 details to nurture their overall exam preparation.
GPAT Exam Pattern 2021 Highlights
The GPAT 2021 question paper will consist of objective type questions. There will be only multiple-choice questions (MCQs), where you will have to select one answer for every question. The GPAT exam pattern 2021 helps the candidate to understand the structure and design of the question paper.
- GPAT Answering Scheme: Candidate can easily navigate back and forth from one question to another while writing the GPAT 2021 online test. There is no hard and fast rule to go on from one question to next in a sequence.
- Time Duration: The GPAT 2021 test's total time duration is 180 minutes, i.e. 3 hours. The candidate will have to complete the test within the given time period.
- Total Marks: A total of 125 questions will be asked in the GPAT 2021 exam, which will carry 500 marks.
- Rough Work: For calculations, you will get rough sheets during the GPAT 2021 exam.
- GPAT Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be allotted and there will be a deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect response. Unanswered question or non-attempted questions will not attract negative markings.
|Mode||Online - Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Question type||Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Questions||125 Questions|
|Total Marks||500 marks|
|GPAT Marking scheme||
+4 marks awarded for the correct answer
1 mark deducted for each incorrect answer
Unattempted questions do not carry any negative marking.
|Frequency||Once a year|
Section-wise marks distribution in GPAT Exam Pattern 2021
The GPAT exam consist of four major sections. The total marks in the GPAT exam pattern 2021 are equally divided into different sections of the question paper. Applicants are advised to go through the section-wise marks distribution in GPAT 2021 question paper mentioned in the table below:
|GPAT Exam Pattern 2021|
|Name of the Section||Number of questions||Marks||Duration|
|Pharmaceutics||125 question||500 marks||3 Hours|
GPAT Syllabus 2021
The GPAT syllabus is determined by the organizing authorities of National Testing Agency (NTA). Applicants aspiring to get admission into M. Pharm Programs can attempt the GPAT 2021. The syllabus of GPAT 2021 is majorly divided into four sections associated with Pharma Programs. The syllabus topics for GPAT 2021 are mentioned below:
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Management
Preparation Tips for GPAT 2021
After understanding the GPAT exam pattern 2021, applicants should properly form their preparation strategy for the exam. Applicants are advised to go through the given preparation tips for GPAT 2021 carefully.
- Obtain good quality study material to prepare for the GPAT 2021 exam.
- Stay updated about the notifications released on the official website regarding the GPAT 2021.
- Prepare proper time-table to cover the GPAT 2021 syllabus.
- Regularly practise and test the preparation with online mock tests and sample papers.
- Follow good diet and sleepcycle to avoid stress.