About International Institute of Information Technology, [IIIT] Pune
International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) pronounced as I Square IT, formerly known as Hope Foundation and Research Centre. The Institute is also recognized Research Centre under Faculty of Engineering, University of Pune for undertaking Ph. D. degree.
- The institute is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- It is Affiliated to University of Pune
- Institute is recognized by Directorate for Technical Education (DTE), Govt. of Maharashtra
Finolex promoted Trust and Society was established in the year 1979 with the objective of rendering social services towards nation building. It is registered under the Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950 and the Societies Registration Act,1860 as a Public Charitable Trust and a Society respectively. It was established by Shri. P. P. Chhabria, Founder Chairman of Finolex Group of Industries, a well-known philanthropist and the former President of Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA).
International Institute of Information Technology (“I²IT”), Pune and the Finolex Academy of Management and Technology (“FAMT”), Ratnagiri have been established under the Finolex promoted Trust and Society. Both these educational institutions have been contributing to the field of higher education for over 19+ years and are successfully imparting quality education to the deserving students all across the globe. The prime objective of establishing the Finolex Academy of Management and Technology at Ratnagiri was to specifically enable the students of the underdeveloped region of Konkan to acquire higher education in the field of Engineering & Technology.
I²iT has always propagated ‘Innovation and Leadership’ as their mantra to bring ground-breaking ideas and provide a rock solid foundation for learning. With the vision and mission of providing quality education, the Institute is constructed by world renowned architects with its uniquely designed dome as its temple of learning.
I²iT was dedicated to the nation at the hands of Bharat Ratna and former President of India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam on May 28, 2003. Since then it has emerged as one of the premier institutions in IT in India.
International Institute of Information Technology (I²IT), Pune is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi; recognized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Govt. of Maharashtra; and affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly University of Pune).Finolex Academy of Management and Technology, Ratnagiri is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi; recognized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Govt. of Maharashtra; and affiliated to University of Mumbai.
Why to Join International Institute of Information Technology?
1. Central Computing Facility- The College has a central computing system that allows for easy access to computing facility on multiprocessor servers, sufficient multimedia desktop and work stations, access to digital library stock of around 2300 books and 12 journals, gigabit backbone system implemented through fiber optic cables and broadband internet connectivity of 4 Mbps speed.
2. Committees- For undivided attention approach towards student’s growth and development, the college came up with the idea of setting up varied committees. Some of the major functioning committees for the college are IEEE Student branch committee, cultural committee, sports committee, Cafeteria Committee, Hostel Committee, Public Relations committee, career management committee, Local area management committee and web and information technology committee.
3. Cultural Programs- The College conducts great cultural fest throughout the year with major activities taking up the place around their annual sports fest ‘Askra’ and annual cultural fest ‘Dhruva’.
Create, nurture, and shape inventors, innovators, technology, and application professionals to drive a sustainable and inclusive society in a national and international perspective.
- To create a next-generation, innovation-led, academic Institute exploring ever expanding frontiers of Engineering and Technology with focus on Information Technology
- To create human resource and leaders who will address and discover ICT driven solutions to emerging opportunities as well as crises such as climate change, energy, water, food, poverty, education and social divide
- To help in achieving pre-eminence of India in ICT and emerging technologies by carrying out cutting edge research and development of new technologies and services