Hostel facility is available for both girls and boys...hostel fee is Rs. 33000(without the mess) & Rs.76000( with the mess), and many PGs are also available.
The infrastructure of IIIT Pune is modern yet makes you feel nice. Every amenity and facility like the classrooms, laboratories, library, seminar rooms are well up to the mark and there are no complaints about them. The campus is Wi-fi enabled but sadly passwords are provided only after the second year. Recreational facilities are also good, which includes a football field, basketball and badminton courts also.
There are only two hostels one for boys and other for girls. Fees of the hostel are INR 33,000 per annum. I don't know much about PGs and their cost. Food in college is not that much of good in taste, but we can eat outside too. Costs of food on the monthly basis is INR 3,600 per month. Classrooms and labs are good. Library is also good. WiFi is available but many times it doesn't work only. Infrastructure is amazing but small.
The campus amenities are as given below:
• State-of-the-art Convention Centre equipped with audio-visual system and high-tech lighting set-up.
• Medical emergency and Care Centre
• Cafeteria that accommodates up to 500 people at a time
• Sports and gymnasium facilities
• Recreational facilities like Basketball, Table-Tennis, etc.
• Communication Centre cum Photocopy Centre
• Separate common rooms for boys and girls
• Wi-Fi enabled campus
• Amiad Water filtration plant
• Barrier free environment for Physically Handicapped students
Central Computing Facility
The Institute has very good computing facilities and Internet connectivity. The important features of the computing facility and Internet connectivity are as given below:
• Computing facility based on multiprocessor servers
• Multimedia desktops and workstations
• Well-equipped laboratories for all the courses
• Sophisticated digital library for nurturing the learning environment
• High-speed campus-wide network connecting desktops to the multiprocessor servers
• Gigabit backbone implemented through fiber optic cables
• Broadband Internet connectivity to academic building and hostel rooms (wired as well as Wi-Fi)
The aim of the Library is to cater to the needs of our Institute faculty, students, staff and research scholars. It is the heart of the institution and acts as a centre for the collection of books predominantly related to engineering, information and communication technology, applied sciences, management, philosophy, fiction, religion, travel, etc. and progresses a broad collection of information that is useful for teaching and reference purpose. The collection comprises printed documents such as books, reports, and journal back volumes. The non-book collections include material like micro fiche/film, audio/video cassettes and CD ROM discs. The library is housed on the first floor adjacent to the laboratories as a matter of convenience to the students.The Institute has well stocked physical library as well as digital library with electronic access to professional organizations/publishers with a collection of over 7,700 books. The library is automated through SLIM Software.
Student residences are available on the Institute campus. Majority of the rooms have balconies that provide a good view of the surrounding area and a place for relaxation and interaction. Separate student residences for accommodating girls and boys viz. Mithila and Nalanda. The Institute maintains a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene on campus as well as in the student residences in addition to provision for all applicable student facilities. Generator back-up is available incase the power supply is disrupted. A medical centre duly manned (24X7) is also available to take care of any medical emergencies. The hostel administration office is located on the ground floor of the student residence.
Cafeteria serving multi-ethnic cuisine and accommodates up to 600 people at a time
The Institute has basketball court, play ground and the state-of-the-art Gymnasium.