|Conducted By||Government of India (Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities)|
|Eligibility||Disabled students of class 9 and 10|
|Last Date of Application||November 15, 2022|
NSP pre-matric scholarship for students with disabilities is an opportunity proposed by the Government of India. The disabled students studying in classes 9 and 10 can apply for the scholarship. The government aims to uplift the physically challenged students by providing them with financial allowance for their education. They also prepare them to earn their livelihood and help them to find a reserved place in the society. The selected students will be rewarded with different awards. Only the permanent residents of the country can apply for this scholarship.
Note: NSP Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities application for 2023 still needs to be updated. However, the expected date for 2023 will be declared soon.
Table of Contents
The candidates should ensure that they are fulfilling all the requirements. The selected students of classes 9 and 10 can avail of the services of the NSP pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities. Some of the conditions are given below:
- They must be pursuing classes 9 and 10 from a well-known school.
- They must be a regular attendee in the class.
- A candidate must have a proper disability certificate with at least 40% significance of the disease.
- The annual income of the family should not exceed INR 2,50,000 from all the sources.
They will be rewarded with different allowances based on certain categories. The different categories for the NSP pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities are as follows:
- INR 800 per month will be given to the students (Hostellers) for maintenance allowance in an academic year.
- INR 500 per month will be given to the students (Day scholars) for maintenance allowance in an academic year.
- INR 1000 per month will be given to the students (Hostellers and Day scholars) for books in an academic year.
- The disability allowance for the students are as follows:
Other Types of Disability
How to Apply?
The candidates can apply online to the NSP pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities. The students who are applying for the first time should register themselves into the scholarship portal. They can apply for the scholarship by using the steps given below.
Step 1: Go to the official website of the scholarship.
Step 2: The students who are registering for the first time should register into the portal as fresh applicant.
Step 3: Then, log in with the registered ID and password.
Step 4: Find the category of the scholarship that the candidate wish for.
Step 5: Read the form carefully, and fill in all the details required.
Step 6: Provide the bank details.
Step 7: Select the aadhaar card or the account number as identification number.
Step 8: Click on the terms and conditions button and take a preview of the details filled.
Step 9: If all the details are correct on the preview screen, click on the submit button to end the procedure.
Read more: Here
The student should upload all the relevant documents while applying for the NSP pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities. Further, the selection committe will verify the submitted documents. The essential documents are as follows.
- Fee receipt
- Age proof
- Income certificate
- Bank details
- Disability certificate
The selection criteria of the NSP pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities have multiple conditions. The students should make sure that they are eligible, before the application process. The selection criteria are as follows.
- They must fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
- All the students must be recommended by the State Educational Department.
- They must clear the academic year with an outstanding score.
Terms and Conditions
The students should agree with the terms and conditions given below.
- 50% of the total seats will be reserved for female candidates. It will be transferable in case of the non-availability of female students.
- If two disabled students are applying from the same family, the older one will be preferred.
- The scholarship amount will be directly transferred to the bank account.
- The selection of the students will be based on the percentage of the disability.
- The final selection will be done by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities on the recommendation of the State Government.
If the candidate has any queries regarding the NSP pre matric scholarship for students with disabilities, they can feel free to reach out through the information shared below.
- Phone- 0120-6619540
- Email- [email protected]
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.