|Conducted By||Madras University|
|Eligibility||Post Graduate Students of Madras University|
|Rewards||₹3750 per Semester|
|Last Date of Application||February 28, 2021|
The University of Madras has started inviting applications for Madras University Merit Fellowship. The fellowship is totally reserved for postgraduate students studying in the university.
The Fellowship award is ₹3750 per semester. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 28 February, 2021.
Fellowship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Important Documents
- Rewards and Benefits
- Contact Details
Madras University Merit Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
To avail the benefits of the Madras University Merit Fellowship, the applicant has to satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a Post-Graduate student at Madras University.
- The student must have secured at least 90 percent attendance from the end of the current semester.
- He/ She must have passed every semester with a minimum of 60 percent aggregate mark.
- The ward has to attain at least a 60 percent mark from the final exam of the current semester.
- Students benefiting from any other scholarship are not eligible for the Merit Fellowship.
Note: All Post-Graduate students from every four semesters studying in Madras University can apply.
Application Process for Madras University Merit Fellowship:
Candidates are requested to apply offline after downloading the application form;
- The application form can be downloaded from the website of the University of Madras.
- Candidates are requested to choose the form carefully as for each semester separate application forms are available.
- After downloading the application form enroll the details such as name, name of the department, course, marks, etc.
- Students must submit the finished application form to the HOD of the respected department along with other required documents.
Madras University Merit Fellowship Selection Process:
The selection process is solely based on merit and attendance. The candidate has to maintain a good academic record and attendance percentage to avail this fellowship.
Important Documents for Madras University Fellowship:
The documents to be submitted during the application process are:
- Certificate showing 90 percent attendance.
- One copy of the Community Certificate.
- An affidavit showing the last examination’s mark.
Madras University Fellowship Rewards and Benefits:
The shortlisted candidates are provided with a stipend of ₹3750 every semester provided he/ she satisfies the eligibility conditions.
Deadline for Receiving Application: 24 February, 2021
- Address: Madras University, Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600005.
- Phone Number: 2539 9422, 2539 9746.