|Conducted By||Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research|
|Eligibility||Students pursuing their academics in Science|
|Rewards||Up to INR 10,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||February 28, 2023|
JNCASR Summer Research fellowship programme 2023 is a fellowship program initiated by the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research for students interested in subjects like Maths and Science who want to do something for their country. This fellowship is a great opportunity for those students who want to make their career in a research field. The duration of this fellowship is 2 months.
Table of Contents
Candidates should go through the below eligibility criteria before applying for this fellowship. Once they clear the JNCASR Summer Research fellowship eligibility criteria, they can proceed further and fill out the application form.
- Candidates have to score atleast 80% marks in Maths and Science 10th and 12th examinations or equivalent. If the student is from a graduation or post-graduation course, they should score more than first class.
- Candidates who want to apply for the life science research should be pursuing B.Sc (1st and 2nd year), B.S (1st to 3rd year), B.E/ B.Tech (1st to 3rd year), M.Sc (1st year), or integrated M.Sc (1st to 4th year).
- Candidates who want to apply for physical science, engineering science, and mathematics research should be pursuing B.Sc (2nd and 3rd year), B.S (2nd to 4th year), B.E/ B.Tech (2nd to 4th year), M.Sc (1st year) or integrated M.Sc (1st to 3rd year).
- Candidates who want to apply for material science and chemical science research should be pursuing BS-MS (4th year), M.Sc (1st year), or integrated M.Sc (4th year).
Candidates get opportunities to acquire various skills during the fellowship. Furthermore, they would develop a significant experience for future opportunities like this. Selected candidates would receive INR 10,000 per month as the JNCASR Summer Research fellowship amount. In addition, they would also receive travel support according to the norms set by the centre.
How to Apply?
Students interested in applying for this scholarship can visit their official website. The following procedure can be followed if a candidate wants to apply for this fellowship.
Step 1: Visit the official JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship portal.
Step 2: Navigate through the website and search for the application form link present on the website.
Step 3: After finding the link, download the JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship application form.
Step 4: Take a printout of this downloaded form and fill it out.
Step 5: Now enclose all the necessary documents along with the application form in an envelope and write the "Area of Research" in the top left corner of the envelope. Finally, submit this at the desired address.
Candidates must submit copies of their documents through the post and the application form. Following is the list of JNCASR Summer Research fellowship documents required to be submitted.
- Two confidential reports are sealed first and then signed by the referee.
- Attested mark sheets of relevant examinations.
If any candidate has queries regarding the JNCASR Summer Research fellowship scheme, they can use the following contact details.
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore – 560064
Phone/ Fax Number
080 – 2208 2753
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.