|Conducted By||FOSSEE, IIT Bombay|
|Eligibility||Students pursuing degree courses from recognised colleges|
|Rewards||Variable rewards based on the conducting authority|
|Last Date of Application||April 10, 2022|
FOSSEE Summer Fellowship is a scholarship initiated by FOSSEE, IIT Bombay to give opportunities to degree holders students for approximately 2 months. This fellowship program is funded by the National Mission on Education through ICT, Ministry of Education, Government of India. Selected students can either work full time for 6 weeks or part-time for 8 weeks under this fellowship.
Table of Contents
Candidates must go through the below FOSSEE Summer fellowship eligibility criteria first before applying for this fellowship.
- Candidates pursuing degree courses from recognised colleges are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Candidates must have pass atleast 12th examinations and should hold a degree of Bachelors, Masters or PhD programs.
The selected fellows will receive INR 10,000 per month as FOSSEE Summer fellowship amount on completing their tasks and if they do excellent work they are rewarded an additional amount of INR 7,500. In addition to this, the selected candidates would receive the following benefits under this fellowship.
- Selected candidates would get a chance to work on any one of the open source tools which includes Scilab, Python, OpenFOAM (CFD), eSim, DWSIM, Xcos, Blender, Synfig, LaTeX, OpenPLC, Django, Osdag, R, OpenModelica, Drupal, QGIS and Koha.
- Certificate of fellowship would be provided to selected candidates.
- Candidates will get great support regarding internships, jobs, or higher studies.
How to Apply?
Candidates have to fill the FOSSEE Summer fellowship application form and give a screening test according to the project selected in order to apply for this FOSSEE Summer fellowship online. The respective procedure to apply for this fellowship is mentioned below.
Step 1: Go to the official FOSSEE Summer fellowship portal.
Step 2: Click on the “Registration option” for FOSSEE Summer fellowship 2022 registration.
Step 3: After registering, the candidates will receive login credentials.
Step 4: The candidate can use the FOSSEE Summer fellowship 2022 login credentials provided and fill in all the details in the application form.
Step 5: Select the field you are currently in and then click on the screening option according to the project you have selected.
Step 6: Give the screening test to apply for the fellowship.
Following is the list of FOSSEE Summer fellowship documents required to be submitted for the fellowship. Applicants have to bring valid and authentic documents for the fellowship.
- College ID card
- Passport size photographs
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their Head of the department
Applicants can use the following contact details in order to apply for the FOSSEE Summer fellowship scheme.
CFD – Lab, Aero. Annexe Building, Below HSS Dept., Opp. Metallurgical Dept.,IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400076 India.
(+91) 22 25764133