|Conducted By||DST India|
|Eligibility||Women scientists of age group 27-57 years|
|Rewards||Up to INR 55,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2023|
The DST Womens Scientist Fellowship is meant for women scientists and technologists falling under the age group of 27-57. It was launched for women taking up their research in the fields of basic or applied sciences in the perimeters of engineering and science streams. This WOS-A scheme is initiated by the DST (Department of Science and Technology), Government of India.
Table of Contents
DST Womens Scientist fellowship 2023 is a Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A). It provides opportunities to all aspiring women scientists of India who wish to return to the mainstream of science and pursue their careers as bench-level scientists. The DST Womens Scientist fellowship eligibility criteria can be summarised below.
- The candidate should be a woman scientist or technologist.
- The age group of the candidate must be between 27 to 57 years.
- The applicant must be a PhD/MSc in Basic or Applied Science, MD, MTech, MBBS, MCH/DM, MS or BTech from a recognised university.
- The applicants who come from SC/ ST/ OBC and physically disabled category will get a relaxation of 5 years in the eligibility criteria of age.
There are different parameters for sanctioning the DST Womens Scientist fellowship amount. The grant covers the cost of small equipment, travel, consumables, contingencies, etc. The rewards under this fellowship for women scientists and technologists are mentioned below.
- The maximum assigned research grant is INR 30,00,000 for the students holding PhD or equivalent degree.
- The highest limit of the DST Womens Scientist Fellowship amount for candidates holding MTech/ MPharm or equivalent degree is INR 25,00,000.
- The same is INR 20,00,000 for MSc or equivalent students.
- The amount mentioned above is provided to the fellows for 3 years.
- The fellowship amount covers general expenses like the cost of small equipment, travel, consumables, contingencies etc.
- The candidates with a PG degree similar to MSc in Applied or Basic Sciences or BTech/MBBS will get a monthly fellowship of INR 30,000.
- The applicants holding MTech, MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences will get an INR 40,000 per month.
- Furthermore, the same for PhD in Basic/Applied Sciences will be entitled a fellowship of INR 55,000 (monthly).
How to Apply?
There are some basic steps which interested students can follow to submit their applications for DST Womens Scientist fellowship online. These steps are given below for the reference of candidates.
Step 1: Candidates must read all the details on the official website.
Step 2: There is an option of OSS (Online Submission System) present on the right side of the web page.
Step 3: They have to click on the 'Submit PES Here', and new users can register to get DST Womens Scientist fellowship login details.
Step 4: Email will send new login credentials to the applicants.
Step 5: They can now fill in the necessary details and upload the required documents.
Step 6: After correctly filling out the application form, they must click the submit button and complete the application process.
The DST Womens Scientist fellowship scheme offers financial support in the disciplines like Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Life Sciences and Engineering Technology. The following documents are needed to attach along with the duly filled DST Womens Scientist fellowship application form.
- Project proposal document
- Biodata of candidate
- Mentor's biodata
- Caste certificate
- DOB certificate
Note: The candidate must sign and verify all the authentic DST Womens Scientist Fellowship documents.
Indian women have to face different challenges in progressing up the academic and administrative staircase because of systemic barriers and structural factors.DST Womens Scientist fellowship scheme is a boon to such aspirants. Following are the contact details for this scholarship scheme for reference.
Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Delhi - 110 016.
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.