|Conducted By||Airports Authority of India (AAI)|
|Eligibility||Students who fall under the age group of 18 to 24 years|
|Rewards||Up to INR 16,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||February 21, 2022|
AAI Sports scholarship is a scholarship scheme initiated by the Airports Authority of India to encourage young talent and enhance their sporting standards. This scholarship is for those students only who belong to the age group of 18 to 24 years. The AAI sports scholarship aims to benefit deserving candidates financially and provides them with several opportunities to help them grow in their careers.
Table of Contents
Students must go through the below AAI Sports scholarship eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship. AAI has the right to withdraw the scholarship without quoting any reason, so the candidate must fulfill the criteria before applying.
- Indian citizens can only eligible for the AAI sports scholarship
- Selected candidates must not receive any other financial support or scholarship employment for sporting activity.
- Candidates should be representing India in Be players who represent India in sub-junior/ junior/ senior national championships, all india inter-university tournaments, national school games in the last two years.
- Airport Authority of India has no obligation to give employment to Airport Authority of India Sports scholars.
- Candidates should maintain good performance in both studies as well as sports.
- Certificates should be signed by the head/ principal of the educational institute in which they are studying certifying that the candidate is a bonafide student recognized by the State/ National Federation.
- Candidates should be available for any practice/ camp/ tournaments whenever AAI requires.
- Candidates must follow all the rules and regulations framed by AAISCB from time to time and should not indulge in any activity which is violating the law of the land or which may cause embarrassment.
- The candidate should not represent any club/ institution/ association other than educational institutions where they are currently studying without the approval of AAI.
- Candidates have to get handwritten concurrences from their parents/guardian which are verified and signed by a Gazetted officer.
Selected students are given the AAI sports scholarship as per the age group they belong to. Moreover, the scholarship is given for one year only but it can be extended based on their performance. If the students stand in the age group of 14 to 18 years, they would receive INR 12,000 per month as AAI Sports samount. And if the student is aged above 18 years they would receive INR 16,000 per month as AAI Sports scholarship amount.
How to Apply?
Candidates who are interested in applying for this AAI Sports scholarship can apply in offline mode only. Following is the procedure to apply for AAI Sports scholarship.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the AAI Sports scholarship.
Step 2: Now download the AAI Sports scholarship application form available on the web portal.
Step 3: Take out a physical copy of the application form and fill in all the details.
Step 4: Attach all the copies of the AAI Sports scholarship documents required along with the application form.
Step 5: Now submit the application form along with the documents in an envelope (13.5 x 9.5 inches) at the desired official address. “AAI SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2022-23” should be written in bold letters on the top left corner of the envelope.
Candidates are required to attach the copies of required documents along with the AAI sports scholarship application form and submit them through post. Following is the list of AAI Sports scholarship documents required to be enclosed in the envelope.
- Photo identity proof
- Address proof
- Income proof
- Proof of admission
- Current academic year fee receipt
- Bank account details
- Certificate certifying that the student is recognised by the State/ National Federation.
- Handwritten concurrences from their parents/guardian
Note: The documents may vary for this scholarship.
Candidates can enquire with the authorities if they face any issues in applying for AAI Sports scholarship.They can contact them physically by visiting their official address. Candidates may refer to the following details in case they need any help regarding the AAI Sports scholarship.
Shri G.L. Verma, Jt. General Manager (HR) & Secretary, AAI Sports Control Board Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, A wing, Room No. C-208, Airports Authority of India, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi-110003.