What is SSC CHSL Exam?
SSC CHSL is a combined higher secondary education conducted by staff selection commission every year for the recruitment in various ministries/departments/organizations of the government sectors. SSC also conducts CHSL (Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination) exams to fill clerical exams in various government departments.
- Authority: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CHSL Exam.
- Level: SSC CHSL is a national level exam, hence a large number of people take up this examination to secure government jobs after the completion of 10+2.
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (SSC CHSL)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|SSC CHSL Exam level||National Level Test|
|SSC CHSL Exam Dates||4th March 2019 - 8th July 2019 (tentative)|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 pass out|
|Mode of Application||Online/ Offline|
|Exam Mode||Tier 1: Online|
|Tier 2: Offline|
|Tier 3: Skill Based Test|
|Duration||Tier 1: 75 minutes|
|Tier 2: 60 minutes|
- Headquarters: The main headquarters of SSC is situated at New Delhi and it has sub-regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
- Vacancies: The SSC committee announces approximately 5789 posts every year in the following departments
- Lower Divisional Clerk: 1855
- postal/sorting assistance:3880
- data entry operator: 54
- Exam phases: The SSC CHSL 2019 will be conducted in 3 phases/stages
- Tier I: Tier I will be an online exam and the candidates clearing this phase will be shortlisted for Tier II.
- Tier II: Tier II will be an offline exam and the candidates clearing this stage will be shortlisted for Tier III.
- Tier III: Tier III will be the final phase and a skill-based test and the qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for document verification for recruitment
- What is the SSC CHSL Exam?
- SSC CHSL Important Dates
- SSC CHSL Eligibility
- SSC CHSL Vacancies
- SSC CHSL Application Form
- How to fill SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form?
- SSC CHSL Admit Card
- SSC CHSL Exam Centres
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- SSC CHSL Syllabus
- SSC CHSL Reference Books
- SSC CHSL Results
- SSC CHSL Cutoff
- SSC CHSL Selection Process
- SSC CHSL Salary
- SSC CHSL FAQs
- Related Exams
SSC CHSL Exam Dates
The SSC CHSL 2019 Application form will be available from March 5, 2019 until April 5, 2019 in the Official SSC website. All the SSC CHSL 2019 Dates are listed below.
|SSC CHSL 2019 Official Notification release||5th March 2019|
|Application Process - Start date||5th March 2019|
|Application Form - Deadline||5th April 2019|
|Application Fee Payment - Last date||5th April 2019|
|Admit Card||One week before the exam: June 2019 (tentative)|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date (Tier 1)||1st July 2019 - 26th July 2019|
|The announcement of Result (Tier 1)||10th August 2019|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date (Tier 2)||29th September 2019|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Final Result||October 2019|
SSC CHSL Eligibility
Conducting Authority, SSC sets the eligibility criteria for SSC CHSL Exam. All the candidates have to satisfy the SSC CHSL 2019 Eligibility Criteria. By failing which, the candidate will be rejected for the exam. The criteria are as follows:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate can be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A candidate can be Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin, who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Educational Qualification:
- The candidate applying for SSC CHSL 2019 should have passed 10+2 from the recognized board/university or an equivalent class.
- Candidates applying for the position of data entry operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG) must be 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- Age-limit: The candidate applying for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 should not be more than 27 years of age until the date of application. However, relaxation in upper age limit will be provided for candidates from reserved categories.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (after deduction of the military service and are rendered from the actual age as on the closing date)||03 years|
SSC CHSL Vacancy
SSC released notice regarding SSC CHSL 2019 Vacancy. A total of 5789 vacancies introduced for various posts. In 2019 SSC will recruit candidates for Postal/Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, Lower Division Clerk (LDC) & Data Entry Operator (DEO) post by SSC CHSL 2019 Exam. Post-wise SSC CHSL 2019 Vacancies are as follows:
|S.No||Post's Name||Vacancies in 2018-19||Vacancies in 2017-18||Vacancies in 2016-17|
|1||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||1855||898||2897|
|2||Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)||3880||2359||3295|
|3||Data Entry Operator (DEO) in CAG||54||2||500|
|5||DEO in Other Dept.||Nil||Nil||10|
SSC CHSL Application Form
The application form for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 will be available on the official website of Staff Selection Commission from March 5, 2019 to April 5, 2019. The SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form can be divided as registration, form filling, uploading, and payment.
- Application Fee: Candidates can pay the fee through SBI Challan/Net banking and any credit or debit cards.
- The application fee for SSC CHSL 2019 is Rs. 100/-
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) are exempted from paying the application fees.
- Female candidates, as well as Ex-Servicemen, are also exempted from paying the SSC CHSL Exam fees.
- Information in Application Form:
- Date of Birth
- Father's Name
- Mother's name
- Contact number
- E-mail ID
- Photograph and Signature
- Candidates photographs must be more than 30 kb and less than 50 kb with a resolution of 100-pixel width and 120-pixel height.
- Candidates signature must be more than 1 kb and less than 12 kb with a resolution of 140-pixel width by 60-pixel height.
- The photograph and signature must be uploaded in jpg format.
- Request for change/correction in the Application Form will not be entertained under any circumstances.
How to fill SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form?
- Step 1: Visit the official SSC website to avail the SSC CHSL 2019 Application.
- Step 2: On the home page the candidate can see "Apply" option and candidate needs to click on it.
- Step 3: The candidate needs to fill up the details in the form. And then enter the captcha and click on the “Submit” button. After successful submission, the candidate will be provided with the registration number and password and will be sent to the candidate's registered e-mail ID.
- Step 4: Candidate has to log in with the credentials received in the email.
- Step 5: Fill all the required details asked in the application form.
- Step 6: The candidate once finished filling the SSC CHSL Application, should submit the application form along with the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Step 7: Candidates should select the desired exam centres from the exam centres list.
- Step 8: The candidate before submitting the SSC CHSL 2019 Application are advised to check the application form properly and then submit.
- Step 9: After submitting the application form candidate will be redirected to the payment page. Payment can be made by both online/offline mode.
- Online: If the candidate opts for online payment then the candidate will be directed to the payment portal where the candidate can pay the fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking,
- Offline: if the candidate opts for offline payment then the candidate should take a printout of the e-challan after the submission of the SSC CHSL 2019 and should pay in nearest SBI bank.
SSC CHSL Admit Card
The SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card will be available on the official website of Staff Selection Commission (SSC) from June 20, 2019. The Admit card must be downloaded and the print out should be carried to the exam centres without fail. The admit card will be considered as SSC CHSL 2019 Hall Ticket.
- Contents: The SSC CHSL 2019 Admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll No. (user ID for the exam)
- Login Password
- SSC CHSL 2019 Hall Ticket Number
- Exam Date
- Time, Exam Venue
- Exam Duration
Note: Candidates are advised to carry a new photograph if the photograph attached to the admit card is not clear.
Steps to download SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC to download the SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card.
- Step 2: On the website, the candidate can see "Admit card" option and candidate have to click on that link.
- Step 3: On clicking on "admit card" link the candidate will be redirected to the next page. Here the candidate has to choose the “SSC CHSL 2019” section.
- Step 4: The candidate has to choose the region and can find his/her SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card.
- Step 5: Once the candidate chooses the region then he will be redirected to the home page of SSC website and the candidate has to click on admit card tab, a drop-down box appears where the candidate has to choose the exam.
- Step 6: On choosing the exam the candidate needs to fill in the details like name, roll number, and D.O.B to avail the Admit card.
- Step 7: After entering the details the candidate has to click on the "search" button.
- Step 8: The SSC CHSL Admit Card will appear.
- Step 9: The candidate can download their admit card. Take a printout of the same for future use.
SSC CHSL Exam Centres
The SSC CHSL 2019 Exam will be conducted in 94 exam centres all over India. SSC has 9 regional offices where all the exam centres distributed to those regional offices. The list of SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Centres with the regional office address is given below.
|Serial No.||Address of Regional Offices||Examination Centres & Centre Code|
|1||Regional Director(CR), Staff Selection Commission, 21-23, Lowther Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh-211002||Bhagalpur (3201), Patna (3206), Muzaffarpur (3205), Agra (3001), Varanasi (3013), Allahabad (3003), Lucknow (3010)|
|2||Regional Director (ER), Staff Selection Commission, 1st, MSO Building, (8th Floor) 234/4, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020||Kolkata (4410), Port Blair (4802), Gangtok (4001), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Ranchi (4205)|
|3||Regional Director(KKR), Staff Selection Commission, 1stFloor, “E” Wing, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka-560034||Bangalore (9001), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kochi (9204), Thrisur (9212), Gulbarga (9005), Mangalore (9008), Dharwar (9004), Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206), Mysore (9009)|
|4||Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110504||Delhi (2201), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Udaipur (2409), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Sriganganagar (2408), Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Almora (2001), Haridwar (2005)|
|5||Regional Director (NER), Staff Selection Commission, Housefed Complex, West End Block, Last Gate, Beltola Basistha Road, Dispur Guwahati, Assam-781006||Guwahati (Dispur) (5105), Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601), Churachandpur (5502), Tura (5402), Goalpara (5104), Tezpur (5112), Lakhimpur (5109)|
|6||Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, EVK Sampath Building, 2nd Floor, College Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600006||Hyderabad (8002), Guntur (8001), Kurnool (8003), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Chennai (8201), Puducherry (8401), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Vijayawada (8008)|
|7||Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission, 1stFloor, South Wing, Pratishta Bhawan, 101 M.K. Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020||Aurangabad (7202), Mumbai (7204), Kolhapur (7203), Nagpur (7205), Panaji (7801), Pune (7208), Ahmedabad (7001), Vadodara (7002), Rajkot (7006), Nashik (7207), Amravati (7201), Surat (7007), Kutch (7010), Thane (7210)|
|8||Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, “J-5” Anupam Nagar, Raipur, Chhatisgarh-492001||Indore (6006), Jabalpur (6007), Jagdalpur (6203), Chindwara (6003), Bilaspur (6202), Satna (6014), Ratlam (6011), Sagar (6015), Durg (6205), Raipur (6204), Bhopal (6001), Gwalior(6005)|
|9||Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Gr. Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160017||Leh (1005), Chandigarh (1601), Jammu (1004), Srinagar (J&K) (1007), Shimla (1203), Hamirpur (1202)|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Exam is divided into three parts as Tire-I, Tire-II, and Tire-III. The exam pattern is different for three tiers. Candidates should clear all three levels to get selected for the job offered by SSC CHSL.
- Tier I: Computer-Based Written Exam - Objective Type (Online Exam).
- Tier II: Written Exam - Descriptive Paper (Offline Exam).
- Tier III: Typing Test/Skill Test.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern of Tier I:
Each level of SSC CHSL 2019 Exam (Tier 1 or Tier 2) has a different pattern and it is clearly given below. The first table represents the SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern for Tier I.
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Negative Marking||0.50 is deducted for every wrong answer|
|Sections||Part A: General Intelligence|
|Part B: English Language|
|Part C: Quantitative Aptitude|
|Part D: General Awareness/General Knowledge|
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern of Tier-II:
Candidates can learn about the details of SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern for Tier II exam below. The total marks of the Tier II paper unlike Tier I is 100 marks.
|Qualifying marks||A minimum of 33 % to qualify for the tier 3 exam.|
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern Tier-III:
- Type: The Skill Test / Typing Test would be of qualifying nature.
- Requirements: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 Key Depressions per hour on the computer is required.
- Duration: The duration of SSC CHSL Test is about 15 minutes and printed matter in English will contain about 2000-2200 strokes.
- Final Merit: The final merit of the candidates would be determined on the basis of the total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II rounds.
To know more about the exam pattern, please visit the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern section.
SSC CHSL Syllabus
Unlike exam pattern, SSC CHSL Syllabus is also different for the different tire. To score more in SSC CHSL Exam candidates have to know the proper syllabus for the exam. Candidates are advised to take a look of SSC CHSL Syllabus to get clear knowledge. Tire-wise syllabus is as follows:
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tire-I:
- Section A: General Intelligence: Analogy, Numerical Series, Syllogism, Direction/Ranking, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Miscellaneous
- Section B: General awareness: Culture, Indian History, Geography, Environment, Economy, Political science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Space Science, Computer, Mobile, and Technology
- Section C: Quantitative Aptitude: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry
- Section D: General English: English Language, Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tire-II:
- Letter Writing
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tire-III:
Tier III of SSC CHSL 2019 would be the skill/ typing test which would be of qualifying nature. Skill Test/Typing Test would be in accordance with the job profile. Data Entry Speed should be 8,000 Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
SSC CHSL Reference Books
To secure more marks candidates have to prepare regularly. To prepare well for SSC CHSL 2019 Exam candidates have to study well. some of the good SSC CHSL 2019 Reference books are listed here. Candidate can refer these books for good preparation.
- SSC CHSL Practice Work Book by Kiran Publication (in English)
- SSC CHSL Tire-I Mock Test by Kiran Publication (in English)
- SSC CHSL Practice Workbook for LDC/DEO/PSA by Arihant Publication (in English)
- SSC CHSL Practice Work Book for LDC/DEO/PSA by Youth Competition Times Publication (in Hindi)
To get details about subjectwise books please check SSC CHSL 2019 Reference books section.
SSC CHSL Results
The SSC CHSL 2019 Results will be declared on the official website of SSC on January 1, 1970. The SSC exam results will be declared separately for all three Tiers and it will be notified by the SSC committee. The candidate has to clear all the three tiers of the SSC CHSL Exam to complete the recruitment process.
Steps to check SSC CHSL 2019 Results
- Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC to check the SSC CHSL Result and click on the "results" link
- Step 2: The result page will appear. The candidates have to click on " Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination" link, to get the result.
- Step 3: Under the exam for which the results are out, click on the 'click here' link under the 'Result' column.
- Step 4: A pdf file will open with the results as per the registration numbers. Candidates can find their score adjacent to the registration number.
- Step 5: You can type Ctrl+F and type your name or registration number to easily view the marks in the pdf.
- Step 6: Download the pdf and take a printout for future reference.
Note: All Candidates can download the SSC CHSL Result PDF for future reference.
SSC CHSL Cut Off
The SSC CHSL Cut Off released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year. The candidates have to qualify the SSC Cut Off 2019 to advance to the next rounds for the selection. The cut of marks is different for a different category. SSC not yet declared cutoff marks for SSC CHSL 2019. Category-wise SSC CHSL Cutoff marks for 2018 is as follows:
|Category||Cutoff Marks 2018|
SSC will prepare the SSC CHSL 2019 Cutoff based on various factor.
- The number of candidates appearing for the SSC CHSL 2019 Exam
- The performance of the candidates in the exam.
- The number of vacancies under SSC CHSL 2019.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- The requirement of candidates in various posts.
SSC CHSL Recruitment
Candidates will have to clear all the three exam tiers in SSC CHSL 2019 order to be appointed to the post of their preference. There is no interview session conducted by the SSC CHSL authority in SSC CHSL 2019 Selection Process. Candidates who will qualify all the steps will be appointed for the post he/she applied.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Process:
- Stage 1: Tire-I Exam: This is the basic step, where all the candidates will appear. Candidates who will cross the Tire-I cutoff will be qualified for the next step.
- Stage 2: Tire-II Exam: Only Tire-I passed out candidates will appear in this exam. Candidates who will cross the Tire-II cutoff will be qualified for the next step.
- Stage 3: Tire-III Exam: Candidates who will cross the total cutoff (combined cutoff of Tire-I and Tire-II) will qualify for this exam. SSC will test the Typing skill and other skills in this step.
- Step 4: Final Step: Candidates who will crack the final skill test will be appointed for the job for which they have applied.
SSC CHSL Salary
Salary for the different post offered by SSC CHSL is given below:
|Post's Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Rs. 5200-20200||Rs.1900|
|Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)||Rs. 5200-20200||Rs. 2400|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO) in CAG||Rs. 5200-20200||Rs. 2400|
|Court Clerks||Rs. 5200-20200||Rs. 1900|
|DEO in Other Dept.||Rs. 8000/-||Rs. 2400|
Note: The SSC CHSL promotions will include the increment of Rs 2800/- for each promotion.
SSC CHSL FAQs
- Q: What is the SSC CHSL Exam?
- Ans: Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) in order to recruit candidates for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Postal Assistant (PA), /Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), / Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Q: What is the expected vacancy in the SSC CHSL 2019 exam?
- Ans: The SSC committee announces approximately 3259 posts every year in the following departments:
- Lower Divisional Clerk: 1855
- Postal/Sorting Assistance: 3880
- data entry operator: 54
- Q: How to download the admit card?
- Ans: Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website and duly entering Roll number and DOB (Date of Birth).
- Q: What is the Exam Pattern?
- Ans: SSC CHSL 2019 Exam is conducted on three levels :
- Computer-Based Written Exam - Objective Type (Online Exam).
- Written Exam - Descriptive Paper (Offline Exam).
- Typing Test/Skill Test.
- Q: What is the age limit to appear for the exam?
- Ans: Candidates below 25 years of age can apply for the CHSL exam
- Q: What is the frequency of SSC CHSL?
- Ans: SSC CHSL Exam is conducted only once a year.
- Q: How to apply for SSC CHSL 2019?
- Ans: Candidates can apply only in online mode. Application Form will be available on the official website from March 5, 2019.
- Q: What is the SSC CHSL 2019 Application Fee?
- Ans: Candidates should pay Rs 100 /- as CHSL exam application fee.
- Q: What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Ans: To appear for SSC CHSL candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Q: Is there any negative marking?
- Ans: Yes, there is negative marking and 0.50 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Q: What is the age relaxation for reserved categories?
- Ans: There is age relaxation for reserved categories and candidates can refer to the SSC CHSL 2019 Eligibility section to know in detail.
- Q: What is the mode of SSC CHSL 2019 exam?
- Ans: Tier I (Objective Type Exam) will be conducted in online mode and Tier II (Descriptive Type) will be conducted in offline mode.