If you wish to become a Government employee after the 12th standard, then SSC CHSL is the window of opportunity for you. Read about the reference books to prepare for the exam and check the salary and perks involved.
- Jun 10, 2021: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) declared results for SSC CHSL 2018, Typing Test/DEST for shortlisting of candidates to appear for document verification.
- April 19, 2021: The ongoing SSC CHSL Tier-1 2021 exams are postponed until further notice with effect from April 20, 2021, onwards. The new dates will be announced shortly based on the COVID-19 situation at hand.
- March 30, 2021: The admit card for SSC CHSL Tier-I 2021 has been released. The exam is scheduled for April 12, 2021, to April 27, 2021, all across India. For further information refer to our SSC CHSL Admit Card page.
- What is SSC CHSL?
- SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Date
- SSC CHSL 2021 Notification
- SSC CHSL 2021 Vacancy
- SSC CHSL 2021 Recruitment
- SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility
- SSC CHSL 2021 Application Form
- SSC CHSL 2021 Admit Card
- SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Centres
- SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Pattern
- SSC CHSL 2021 Syllabus
- SSC CHSL 2021 Reference Books
- SSC CHSL 2021 Previous Year Question Paper
- SSC CHSL 2021 Result
- SSC CHSL 2021 Cutoff
- SSC CHSL Salary
- SSC CHSL Contact Details
What is SSC CHSL Exam?
SSC CHSL is a combined higher secondary education conducted by staff selection commission every year for the recruitment in various ministries/organizations of the government sectors. SSC also conducts CHSL (Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination) exams to fill clerical exams in various government departments. The Staff Selection Commission hires candidates in positions like sorting assistant, lower division clerk, data entry operators etc. through the SSC CHSL. These selected candidates will work in various departments of the government of India. It is a national level test consisting of three tiers as Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III.
The table below shows the important aspects of the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam.
|Exam Name||SSC CHSL|
|Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 pass out|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Tier I: Online|
|Tier II: Offline|
|Tier III: Skill Based Test|
|Duration||Tier I: 75 minutes|
|Tier II: 60 minutes|
|Similar Exams||SSC CGL / SSC GD / SSC MTS / SSS CPO|
- Authority: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CHSL Exam.
- Level: SSC CHSL is a national level exam, hence a large number of people take up this examination to secure government jobs after the completion of 10+2.
- Headquarters: The main headquarters of SSC is situated at New Delhi and it has sub-regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
- Vacancies: The SSC committee announces approximately 5789 posts every year in the following departments
- Lower Divisional Clerk: 1855
- postal/sorting assistance:3880
- data entry operator: 54
- Exam phases: The SSC CHSL 2021 will be conducted in 3 phases/stages
- Tier I: Tier I will be an online exam and the candidates clearing this phase will be shortlisted for Tier II.
- Tier II: Tier II will be an offline exam and the candidates clearing this stage will be shortlisted for Tier III.
- Tier III: Tier III will be the final phase and a skill-based test and the qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for document verification for recruitment.
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Date
SSC CHSL 2021 Application Form was available from Nov 6, 2021 to Dec 15, 2021 on the official SSC website. The tier I was held between April 12, 2021 and April 27, 2021. The dates for Tier-II of the SSC CHSL exam have not been announced yet. The results of both tiers will be announced after the successful conduction of the SSC CHSL 2021 exam.
SSC CHSL 2020-21 Exam Dates are given below:
|Official Notification Date||Nov 6, 2021|
|Application Process Start Date||Nov 6, 2021|
|Application Process End Date||Dec 15, 2021|
|Last Date for Application Fee Payment (Online)||December 28, 2020|
|Last Date for Application Fee Payment (Offline)||January 1, 2021|
|Tier-I Admit Card Release Date||Mar 30, 2021|
|Exam Dates for Tier-I||Apr 12, 2021 to Apr 27, 2021|
|Result Announcement for Tier-I Exam||May 15, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date for Tier-II Exam||To be announced|
|Exam Dates for Tier-II||February 14, 2021|
|Result Announcement for Tier-II Exam||To be announced|
All the SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam Dates are listed below.
|Application Process - Start date||December 3, 2019|
|Application Form - Deadline||December 3, 2019 to January 10, 2020|
|Application Fee Payment - Last date||January 12, 2020|
|Last date of offline challan generation||January 14, 2020|
|Last Date for payment through challan (within banking hours)||January 16, 2020|
|Admit Card||October 4, 2020|
|SSC CHSL 2019-2020 Exam Date (Tier I)||October 12, 2020 to October 16, 2020; October 19, 2020 to October 21, 2020; October 26, 2020|
|The announcement of SSC CHSL Result (Tier I)||January 15, 2021|
|SSC CHSL 2019-2020 Exam Date (Tier-II)||February 14, 2021|
|SSC CHSL Final Result||To be announced|
SSC CHSL 2021 Notification
SSC CHSL 2021 notification was released on Nov 6, 2021. The application process for SSC CHSL 2021 started along with the release of the notification. The SSC CGL 2021 notification contains all the essential details about the exam dates, exam time, exam centres, admit card release dates, vacancies, rules and regulations regarding the exam, etc. It is released online on the official website in the form of a PDF that the candidates can download and use for future reference.
SSC CHSL 2021 Vacancy
SSC released notice regarding SSC CHSL 2021 Vacancy. A total of 5789 vacancies introduced for various posts. In 2021 SSC will recruit candidates for Postal/Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, Lower Division Clerk (LDC) & Data Entry Operator (DEO) post by SSC CHSL 2021 Exam. As of 2019, SSC CHSL had announced 4,893 vacancies.
Post-wise SSC CHSL 2021 Vacancies are as follows:
|S.No||Post's Name||Vacancies in 2018-19||Vacancies in 2017-18||Vacancies in 2016-17|
|1||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||1855||898||2897|
|2||Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)||3880||2359||3295|
|3||Data Entry Operator (DEO) in CAG||54||2||500|
|5||DEO in Other Dept.||Nil||Nil||10|
SSC CHSL 2021 Recruitment
Candidates will have to clear all the three exam tiers in SSC CHSL 2020 order to be appointed to the post of their preference. There is no interview session conducted by the SSC CHSL authority in SSC CHSL 2019-2020 Selection Process. Candidates who will qualify all the steps will be appointed for the post they have applied for.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Process
- Tier-I Exam: This is the basic step, where all the candidates will appear. Candidates who will cross the Tier-I cutoff will be qualified for the next step.
- Tier-II Exam: Only Tier-I passed out candidates will appear in this exam. Candidates who will cross the Tier-II cutoff will be qualified for the next step.
- Tier-III Exam: Candidates who will cross the total cut off (combined cutoff of Tier-I and Tier-II) will qualify for this exam. SSC will test the Typing skill and other skills in this step.
- Final Step: Candidates who will crack the final skill test will be appointed for the job for which they have applied.
SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam is set by the conducting authority of the exam. The SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility criteria are based upon several factors such as the age of the candidate, nationality/domicile of the candidates, and educational qualification of the candidate. These factors differ according to the category. Failing to meet SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility, a candidate may get disqualified from the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam. The SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility is given below in detail.
SSC CHSL 2021 Nationality
The SSC CHSL 2021 Nationality criteria are as follows-
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate can be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A candidate can be Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India.
- A person of Indian origin, who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
SSC CHSL 2021 Age-limit
Candidate applying for SSC CHSL 2021 Exam should not be more than 27 years of age until the date of application. However, relaxation in upper age limit will be provided for candidates from reserved categories.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (after deduction of the military service and are rendered from the actual age as on the closing date)||03 years|
SSC CHSL 2021 Educational Qualification
The SSC CHSL 2021 education criteria are the following-
- Candidate applying for SSC CHSL 2021 should have passed 10+2 from the recognized board/university or an equivalent class.
- Candidates applying for the position of data entry operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG) must be 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2021 Application Form
SSC CHSL 2021 Application Form was available on the official website of Staff Selection Commission from Nov 6, 2021 to Dec 15, 2021. SSC CHSL 2021 Application Form can be divided as registration, form filling, uploading, and payment. The candidates must follow all steps in order to complete the application process successfully.
When filling the application form of the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam, candidates need to enter certain details like personal details, contact information and academic details. These details have to be error-free. Following are the things that candidates have to fill in the application form.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Father's Name
- Mother's name
- Other details of parent/guardian
- Contact number
- E-mail ID
- Photograph and Signature
- Aadhar Card Number
SSC CHSL 2021 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the fee through SBI Challan/Net banking and any credit or debit cards. Application fee for SSC CHSL 2021 is INR 100. Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) are exempted from paying the application fees. Female candidates, as well as Ex-Servicemen, are also exempted from paying the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam fees. The particulars of application fee are given below in the table.
|Category||SSC CHSL 2021 Application Fee|
SSC CHSL 2021 Admit Card
SSC CHSL 2021 Admit Card for Tier I was available on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) from Mar 30, 2021. Admit Card must be downloaded and the print out should be carried to the exam centres without fail along with valid ID proof. The admit card for SSC CHSL 2021 is expected to release in the first week of October.
The SSC CHSL 2021 Tier -I exam was held between Apr 12, 2021 and Apr 27, 2021. The SSC CHSL 2021 Tier-II exam dates will be announced later or after the successful conduction of the Tier-I examination. The admit card for TIER II will be released a few weeks before the exam. It can be downloaded by the students through the regional websites of the commission or the online portal by submitting their application number, roll number, or other credentials as per the requirement.
SSC CHSL 2021 Admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll No. (user ID for the exam)
- Login Password
- SSC CHSL 2021 Hall Ticket Number
- Exam Date
- Time, Exam Venue
- Exam Duration
Note: Candidates are advised to carry a new photograph if the photograph attached to the admit card is not clear.
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Centre List
The exam centre is chosen by candidates at the time of SSC CHSL 2021 Application Process. Candidates have to give two or three options for exam centres in order of the preference. The SSC authorities will assign the nearest exam centre to the candidates for their convenience. The exam authority has complete right over the change or cancellation of an exam centre. Candidates will be able to find the allotted SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Centre on their admit card. The admit card will also have exam centre code and address.
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam will be conducted in 94 exam centres all over India. SSC has total 9 regional offices where all the exam centres distributed to those regional offices. The list of SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Centres with the regional office address is given below.
|Serial No.||Address of Regional Offices||Examination Centres & Centre Code|
|1||Regional Director(CR), Staff Selection Commission, 21-23, Lowther Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh-211002||Bhagalpur (3201), Patna (3206), Muzaffarpur (3205), Agra (3001), Varanasi (3013), Allahabad (3003), Lucknow (3010)|
|2||Regional Director (ER), Staff Selection Commission, 1st, MSO Building, (8th Floor) 234/4, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020||Kolkata (4410), Port Blair (4802), Gangtok (4001), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Ranchi (4205)|
|3||Regional Director(KKR), Staff Selection Commission, 1stFloor, “E” Wing, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka-560034||Bangalore (9001), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kochi (9204), Thrisur (9212), Gulbarga (9005), Mangalore (9008), Dharwar (9004), Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206), Mysore (9009)|
|4||Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110504||Delhi (2201), Jaipur (2405), Jodhpur (2406), Kota (2407), Bharatpur (2403), Bikaner (2404), Udaipur (2409), Ajmer (2401), Alwar (2402), Sriganganagar (2408), Dehradun (2002), Haldwani (2003), Almora (2001), Haridwar (2005)|
|5||Regional Director (NER), Staff Selection Commission, Housefed Complex, West End Block, Last Gate, Beltola Basistha Road, Dispur Guwahati, Assam-781006||Guwahati (Dispur) (5105), Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Shillong (5401), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601), Churachandpur (5502), Tura (5402), Goalpara (5104), Tezpur (5112), Lakhimpur (5109)|
|6||Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, EVK Sampath Building, 2nd Floor, College Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600006||Hyderabad (8002), Guntur (8001), Kurnool (8003), Rajahmundry (8004), Tirupati (8006), Chennai (8201), Puducherry (8401), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Vijayawada (8008)|
|7||Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission, 1stFloor, South Wing, Pratishta Bhawan, 101 M.K. Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020||Aurangabad (7202), Mumbai (7204), Kolhapur (7203), Nagpur (7205), Panaji (7801), Pune (7208), Ahmedabad (7001), Vadodara (7002), Rajkot (7006), Nashik (7207), Amravati (7201), Surat (7007), Kutch (7010), Thane (7210)|
|8||Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, “J-5” Anupam Nagar, Raipur, Chhatisgarh-492001||Indore (6006), Jabalpur (6007), Jagdalpur (6203), Chindwara (6003), Bilaspur (6202), Satna (6014), Ratlam (6011), Sagar (6015), Durg (6205), Raipur (6204), Bhopal (6001), Gwalior(6005)|
|9||Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Gr. Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160017||Leh (1005), Chandigarh (1601), Jammu (1004), Srinagar (J&K) (1007), Shimla (1203), Hamirpur (1202)|
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Exam is divided into three parts as Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III. The exam pattern is different for three tiers. Candidates should clear all three levels to get selected for the job offered by SSC CHSL.
- Tier I: Computer-Based Written Exam - Objective Type (Online Exam).
- Tier II: Written Exam - Descriptive Paper (Offline Exam).
- Tier III: Typing Test/Skill Test.
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
Each level of SSC CHSL 2021 Exam (Tier 1 or Tier 2) has a different pattern and it is clearly given below. The first table represents the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Pattern for Tier I. In this exam, there is negative marking which is about 0.50 marks deducted for each incorrect answer.
The total duration of the SSC CHSL 2021 Tier I test is 1 hour or 60 minutes. Moreover, Tier I is a computer-based exam (CBT). The Tier I exam will consist of objective type and multiple-choice questions. All the parts except Part I will have its questions in English and Hindi.
|Subjects/ Sections||Questions Per Section||Maximum Marks|
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 2 Exam Pattern
Candidates can learn about the details of the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Pattern for the Tier-II exam below. The total marks of the Tier II paper unlike Tier I is 100 marks.
|Qualifying marks||A minimum of 33 % to qualify for the tier 3 exam.|
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 3 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL 2021 Tier III exam pattern is as follows-
- Type: Skill Test / Typing Test would be of qualifying nature.
- Requirements: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 Key Depressions per hour on the computer is required for anyone aspiring to get into Data Entry Operatory Post. It will vary for other posts.
- Duration: Duration of SSC CHSL Tier III Test is about 15 minutes and printed matter in English will contain about 2000-2200 strokes.
- Final Merit: Final merit of the candidates would be determined on the basis of the total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II rounds.
SSC CHSL 2021 Syllabus
Unlike the exam pattern, SSC CHSL 2021 Syllabus is also different for each of the Tiers. To score more in SSC CHSL Exam candidates have to know the proper syllabus for the exam. Candidates are advised to take a look at SSC CHSL 2021 Syllabus to get clear knowledge. Tier-wise syllabus is as follows:
Tier 1 Syllabus
- Section A: General Intelligence: Analogy, Numerical Series, Syllogism, Direction/Ranking, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Miscellaneous, Coding-Decoding, Critical Thinking, Figural Analogy, Figural Classification, Problem-solving, Embedded figures, Social intelligence, word building, Trends, Venn diagrams, etc.
- Section B: General awareness: Culture, Indian History, Geography, Environment, Economy, Political science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Space Science, Computer, Mobile, and Technology, Scientific Research of India and its neighbouring countries.
- Section C: Quantitative Aptitude: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistical Charts, Histogram, Bar diagram, Pie chart, Fundamental Arithmetical operations, Trigonometric ratios, Decimal and fractions, Number systems, Computation of the whole number, Simple and Compound interest, Time and distance, Basic algebraic identities, etc.
- Section D: General English: English Language, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Synonyms and homonyms, Active and Passive voice, Cloze Passage, etc.
Tier 2 Syllabus
- Letter Writing
Tier 3 Syllabus
- Tier III of SSC CHSL 2021 would be the skill/ typing test which would be of qualifying nature. Skill Test/Typing Test would be in accordance with the job profile. Data Entry Speed should be 8,000 Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
SSC CHSL 2021 Reference Books
To secure more marks candidates have to prepare regularly. To prepare well for SSC CHSL 2021 Exam candidates have to study well. some of the good SSC CHSL 2021 Reference books are listed here. Candidate can refer these books for good preparation.
- SSC CHSL Practice Work Book by Kiran Publication (in English)
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Mock Test by Kiran Publication (in English)
- SSC CHSL Practice Workbook for LDC/DEO/PSA by Arihant Publication (in English)
- SSC CHSL Practice Work Book for LDC/DEO/PSA by Youth Competition Times Publication (in Hindi)
SSC CHSL 2021 Previous Year Question Paper
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam is a national level exam conducted each year for recruiting candidates for various posts in Staff Commission. The competition for SSC CHSL 2021 Exam is very tough as many candidates across the country sit for this exam. To qualify the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam, candidates need to prepare for the exam really well. It is important that applicants study SSC CHSL 2021 Syllabus thoroughly. Along with using reference books, candidates can solve previous year question papers as they can find out about the type of questions asked as well as the overall pattern of the paper. Ultimately, it will help them be ready for the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam. Click here to get SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers.
SSC CHSL 2021 Results
The SSC CHSL 2019-2020 Result for Tier-I has been declared on the official website of SSC on May 15, 2021. SSC exam results will be declared separately for all three Tiers and it will be notified by the SSC committee. Candidate has to clear all the three tiers of the SSC CHSL Exam to complete the recruitment process. After the result for all three tiers is released, exam authorities will declare a final result. The step by step procedure to check the SSC CHSL result is given below.
Step by step procedure on how to check SSC CHSL 2021 Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC to check the SSC CHSL Result and click on the "results" link
- Step 2: Result page will appear. Candidates have to click on "Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination" link, to get the result.
- Step 3: Under the exam for which the results are out, click on the 'click here' link under the 'Result' column.
- Step 4: A pdf file will open with the results as per the registration numbers. Candidates can find their scores adjacent to the registration number.
- Step 5: You can type Ctrl+F and type your name or registration number to easily view the marks in the pdf.
- Step 6: Download the pdf and take a printout for future reference.
SSC CHSL 2021 Cut Off
SSC CHSL Cut Off released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year. Candidates have to qualify the SSC Cut Off 2021 to advance to the next rounds for the selection. Cut off marks are different for a different category. SSC not yet declared cutoff marks for SSC CHSL 2021. Category-wise SSC CHSL Cutoff marks for 2018 is as follows:
|Category||Cutoff Marks 2018|
SSC will prepare the SSC CHSL 2021 Cutoff based on various factors.
- Number of candidates appearing for the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam
- Performance of the candidates in the exam.
- A number of vacancies under SSC CHSL 2021.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- The requirement of candidates in various posts.
SSC CHSL Salary
Along with a good initial salary, SSC CHSL jobs also provide various allowances to the employees. These allowances can be travel allowance, dearness allowance, house rent allowance etc. Candidates can also benefit from health insurance, employee group insurance and pension schemes of the SSC CHSL job. The pay scale for each job post is different and the allowances also differ accordingly. Both depend on the job responsibility for that particular profile. Salary for the different post offered by SSC CHSL is given below:
|Post's Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||INR 5200-20200||INR1900|
|Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)||INR 5200-20200||INR 2400|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO) in CAG||INR 5200-20200||INR 2400|
|Court Clerks||INR 5200-20200||INR 1900|
|DEO in Other Dept.||INR 8000||INR 2400|
Note: SSC CHSL promotions will include the increment of INR 2800 for each promotion.
SSC CHSL Contact Details
In case candidates have any trouble during the SSC CHSL exam procedure, candidates can contact the exam authorities to solve their queries. Following are the contact details of the SSC CHSL authorities.
- Official Website: ssc.nic.in
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Telephone Number: 11-24363343, 24367526
- Address: Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Please note that the contact details provided above are of Delhi office but candidates can also find contact information of other regional offices on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission. Applicants will be able to find contact information of all the regional offices under the "Contact Us" option on the website. They can register their query with the concerned regional office.
What is the SSC CHSL Exam?
Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the intention to recruit candidates for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Postal Assistant (PA), /Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), / Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operator (DEO).
How many vacancies does the SSC CHSL 2021 have?
The number of vacancies differs from year to year. The SSC CHSL 2021 has announced a total number of 4893 vacancies for various posts like Postal/Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, Lower Division Clerk (LDC) & Data Entry Operator (DEO).However, the SSC committee announces approximately 3259 posts every year in the following departments: Lower Divisional Clerk: 1855 Postal/Sorting Assistants: 3880 Data entry operator: 54
How to download the admit card?
Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website and duly entering Roll number and DOB (Date of Birth).
What is the Exam Pattern?
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam is conducted on three levels: Computer-Based Written Exam - Objective Type (Online Exam). Written Exam - Descriptive Paper (Offline Exam). Typing Test/Skill Test.
What is the age limit to appear for the exam?
Candidates between the age of 18-25 years of age can apply for the SSC CHSL exam.
What is the frequency of SSC CHSL?
SSC CHSL Exam is conducted only once a year.
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2021?
Candidates can apply only in online mode. Application Form will be available on the official website. Candidates can register by providing relevant information and application form can be filled after logging in.
What is the SSC CHSL 2021 Application Fee?
Candidates should pay INR 100 /- as CHSL exam application fee.
What is the Eligibility Criteria? Can a candidate outside India apply?
To appear for SSC CHSL candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.The candidate applying for SSC CHSL must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan Refugee. Candidates who are of Indian origin, who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India are also eligible to apply.
Is there any negative marking?
Yes, there is negative marking and 0.50 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer as penalty.
What is the age relaxation for reserved categories?
The age relaxation for reserved categories is explained in detail in the SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility section of our article.
What is the mode of SSC CHSL 2021 exam?
Tier I (Objective Type Exam) will be conducted in online mode and Tier II (Descriptive Type) will be conducted in offline mode.
What is the official website for SSC CHSL and what is the Helpline number?
The SSC CHSL official site is http://ssc.nic.in/The helpline number is 011-24361359