What is SSC MTS Exam?
SSC MTS is a public exam which facilitates the recruitment of candidates for various posts. The nature of the job is multitasking and challenging. MTS exam 2019 is an online recruitment exam and all the MTS posts are available at the central government officials and all of its departments across the country.
SSC MTS 2019 Tier II Admit Card Released
- Authority: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC MTS 2019 Exam.
- Level and Mode of the exam: SSC MTS 2019 is a national level exam and the mode of the exam will be online (computer based).
Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff (SSC MTS)
Mode of Application
Online/Computer-Based Test and Offline/Pen-Paper Based Test
Staff Selection Commission
English and Hindi
Number of papers
2 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- Sections: SSC MTS 2019 will be conducted in two stages- paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine the merit of the candidate to appear for the document verification process.
- Head office: SSC MTS has its main head office in New Delhi as well as several regional offices in various parts of India like Allahabad, Banglore, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, etc.
- Frequency: The SSC multitasking exam will be held once a year (annual).
- Vacancies: The vacancies of SSC MTS 2019 is expected to be around 8,300 but it may vary accordingly, and students can take up this opportunity to secure a job.
- What is SSC MTS Exam?
- SSC MTS Important Dates
- SSC MTS Eligibility
- SSC MTS Vacancies
- SSC MTS Application Form
- How to fill SSC MTS 2019 Application Form?
- SSC MTS Admit Card
- SSC MTS Exam Centres
- SSC MTS Exam Pattern
- SSC MTS Syllabus
- SSC MTS Reference Books
- SSC MTS Results
- SSC MTS Cutoff
- SSC MTS Selection Process
- SSC MTS Salary
- SSC MTS FAQs
- Related Exams
SSC MTS Exam Dates
The SSC MTS 2019 Application Form will be available on the official website from April 22, 2019 to May 29, 2019. And the candidates can download the admit card from January 1, 1970. All the SSC MTS 2019 dates given below.
- Examination: The SSC MTS Exam 2019 will be held on August 2, 2019.
|SSC MTS 2019 Notification Release Date||22nd April 2019|
|Starting date of Application Process||April 22, 2019|
|Last Date of Application Process||May 29, 2019 (Up to 5.00 P.M)|
|Last date for making online fee payment||31st May 2019 (Up to 5.00 P.M)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||31st May 2019 (Up to 5.00 P.M)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||1st June 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||15 days before Exam|
|Date of Exam for Computer Based Test (Paper 1)||August 2, 2019 to 6th September 2019|
|Date of Exam for Paper-Based Test (Paper 2)(for those who cleared Paper 1)||September 6, 2019|
|Final Result||14th January 2020 (tentative)|
SSC MTS Eligibility
Before applying the SSC MTS application form candidate should know the eligibility criteria, set by the SSC.
- Nationality: Candidate should be a citizen of India. Candidates belong to Nepal and Bhutan also eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate Must have passed 10th std or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Age Limit: Age limit of a candidate should be between 18 to 25 years as on 1st April 2019, to apply for SSC MTS 2019 Exam. Reserved category will get relaxation on age limit.
|3||PH+Cerebral palsy||10 Years|
|4||PH+OBC+Cerebral palsy||13 Years|
|5||PH+SC/ST+Cerebral palsy||15 Years|
|9||Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved/General)||3 Years|
|10||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 (3+3) Years|
|11||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 (3+5) Years|
For more details regarding eligibility, check the SSC MTS 2019 Eligibility section.
SSC MTS Vacancy
SSC Commission has announced about 8,300 vacancies for SSC MTS 2019 but it may vary later. Relaxation and reservations will be provided to categories like SC/ST, OBC, and physically disabled candidates. Region-wise vacancies are
|Kerala Karnataka Region||666|
|Madya Pradesh Region||536|
SSC MTS 2019 Nature of Job
Given below is the table is the information about the job description/types of things a candidate has to do.
|Sl. no||Nature of the job|
|1||General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit|
|2||Delivering files and papers within the building.|
|3||Physical maintenance of records/files of the Section.|
|4||Photocopying, sending/collecting of fax, etc.|
|5||Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.|
|6||Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.|
|7||Assisting with the computer and maintenance|
|8||Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.|
|9||Delivering of Dak/parcels/couriers (outside the building).|
|10||Watch and ward duties.|
|11||Opening and closing of rooms/doors/gates.|
|12||Cleaning of the building, fixtures, and other maintenance work|
|13||Work-related to the candidate's qualifications, if it exists.|
|14||Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.|
|15||maintenance of lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.|
|16||Any other work assigned by the superior authority.|
SSC MTS Application Form
SSC MTS 2019 Application form will be available from April 22, 2019 to May 29, 2019 on the official website of SSC. The candidate can apply on the official website or in offline mode.
- SSC MTS 2019 Application Form contents:
- Personal Details
- Basic Details
- Contact Details
- Post (in which candidates wants to apply)
- Application Fee: Candidates have to pay INR 100 by online or offline mode. There is no application fee for SC, ST, OBC, PH and female candidates.
How to fill SSC MTS 2019 Application Form?
Steps to fill the SSC MTS 2019 Application Form is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC for registration at www.ssc.nic.in
- Step 2: New candidates should click on the 'Register' option under the Registration Part to get registered as shown below. Candidates who already registered can start filling up the application form.
- Step 3: By clicking the 'Register' option, the candidate will have to fill the registration form
- Step 4: After successful registration, the candidate will be provided with the registration number and password.
- Step 5: Login with the registration number and password to finish the application process.
- Step 6: Once the candidate logs in the application form will be displayed. Candidate needs to fill all the details which are mandatory.
- Step 7: Review the application form, enter the captcha text and click on the submit button.
- Step 8: Candidates will be landed to the payment page. They can pay by either online or offline mode (e-challan).
SSC MTS Admit Card
SSC MTS 2019 Admit Card will be available on the official website. Candidates can download it by entering name and application number. Admit card will be having SSC MTS 2019 Exam dates, candidate's photo, name, father's/mother's name, D.O.B, exam centre, and timings.
Steps to download SSC MTS Admit Card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website at www.ssc.nic.in.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: The candidate has to enter their registration number/roll number and date of birth to access the admit card.
- Step 4: The candidate has to download a call letter by clicking on the mentioned options and the following page will popup:
- Step 5: Download the SSC MTS 2019 Admit Card and take a print of it.
- In case, candidate forgets the registration number he/she can insert his/her name father's name and date of birth. Click on search result and candidate will be directed to the admit card.
- The candidate has to review the admit card before downloading it. In case the candidate finds any find any mistake in the admit card, he/she can report to the respected regional office.
SSC MTS Exam Centres
SSC MTS exam centres are divided into 9 regional offices. The exam will be conducted in 94 centres all over India. List of some major exam centres is given below.
|Sl. No.||Examination Centres & Centre Code|
Please visit the SSC MTS Exam Centres section, to know all exam centres.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
SSC MTS exam will be conducted in both Online and Offline mode. SSC MTS exam will be consist of two papers and a total of 2 hours will be allotted for the exam. 1 hour 30 minutes for Paper 1 and 30 minutes for Paper 2.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Mode||The exam has 2 papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, both will be conducted in the offline mode|
|Duration||Paper 1 will be for 90 minutes and Paper 2 will be for 30 minutes|
|Pattern||Paper 1 will be objective types and Paper 2 will be descriptive type|
|Total Question||Paper 1 will have 100 MCQ's and Paper 2 will consist of descriptive questions|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 will be for 100marks and paper 2 will be for 50 marks|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer|
SSC MTS Syllabus
SSC MTS Exam is consist of 2 papers. The syllabus is different for those two papers. Paper-wise SSC MTS 2019 Syllabus is given below:
- Paper 1: In Paper 1 a total of 100 questions will be asked (25 questions from each section or subject) for 100 marks.
- Part A: General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning
- Part B: General Knowledge and Awareness
- Part C: Numerical/Mathematical Aptitude
- Part D: English Language
- Paper 2: In Paper 2 descriptive question will be asked for 50 Marks
- Short Essay writing, Letter writing in English
SSC MTS Reference Books
To score more in the SSC MTS exam, candidates have to prepare regularly. Candidates can do study from subjectwise books and also can refer to SSC MTS Books. Some of the valuable books are listed below.
- SSC Multi Tasking by Arihant Publication (In English)
- Popular Master Guide - SSC Multi Tasking Staff by R. Gupta (In English)
- Lakshya SSC Multi Tasking by Manu Prakasan (In Hindi)
- Ultimate Guide to SSC Multi Tasking Staff Exam by Disha Publication (In English)
- SSC MTS - 25 Practice sets by MTG Publications (In English)
Candidates can visit SSC MTS 2019 Reference books section, to know about more about SSC MST books and subjectwise books.
SSC MTS Results
SSC MTS 2019 Results will be declared in the pdf file on January 14, 2020 on the official SSC MTS website. The results will be declared in 2 stages, at first Paper 1 results will be declared and the qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for Paper 2 exam.
Process to download SSC MTS Exam Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official SSC website ssc.nic.in where they will find the result link.
- Step 2: Click on the result link. The candidate will be directed to the new page
- Step 3: Click to open the results PDF file. Now candidate can search his/her result. Easy step to find candidate name is by pressing 'Ctrl+F', a search bar will show on top, insert your name or roll number to see your result.
- Step 4: Candidate has to download and print the PDF file for future use.
SSC MTS CutOff
Staff Selection Commission will declare the SSC MTS 2019 Cutoff after the exam. SSC MTS Cut Off is mandatory for everyone to qualify. Otherwise, you will not be able to sit in the next rounds of the selection. The SSC MTS Cut Off 2019 will be dependent on the previous years' cut off trends.
- SSC MTS will be prepared based on the following factors
- The number of candidates appearing for SSC MTS 2019.
- Total Vacancy
- Candidates performance
- Previous years cutoff
- The cutoff is different for different categories. Category-wise expected cutoff for SSC MTS 2019 is shown below:
|Category||SSC MTS Cut-off Marks (out of 150)|
SSC MTS Recruitment
There is no Interview section in the process of SSC MTS Recruitment. SSC will recruit candidates based on the written exams only. The SSC MTS Selection Process is as follows:
- Step 1: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct SSC MTS Paper 1 exam, which will be online.
- Step 2: Shortlisted candidates on the Paper 1 examination will have to appear in paper 2 exams, which will be offline.
- Step 3: Candidates who will cross the SSC MTS Cutoff will be qualified for the next step.
- Step 4: The candidates will have to go through document verification after successfully passing the written exam.
- Step 5: Candidates will be recruited in the post, for which the candidate applied.
Note: The cut-offs may vary in both papers as per the vacancies in each State/UT. Candidates for each State/UT will be finally shortlisted on the bases of their exam performance in Paper-I and Paper-2.
SSC MTS Salary
SSC MTS Salary is different for different category of city. SSC segregates cities in three types X, Y and Z. Category wise salary for SSC MTS is as follows:
|Pay Details||Amount (INR)|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||4320||2880||1400|
|Travel Allowance (TA)||1350||900||900|
|National Pension System||1800||1800||1800|
|Central Govt. Health Scheme||125||125||125|
|Central Govt. Employees Group Insurance Scheme||1500||1500||1500|
|Total In-Hand Salary||20245||18355||16915|
SSC MTS FAQs
- Q. How do I apply for the SSC MTS 2019 exam?
- Ans. A candidate has to apply online on the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in. However, candidates can only do this once the recruitment notification for 2019 has been released.
- Q. How is the selection done to recruit Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) by SSC?
- Ans. The exam will be conducted in two phases - paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 or the preliminary examination will only be qualifying in nature while Paper 2 or the main examination and the interview score will determine the merit of the candidate to be considered for provisional allotment of posting.
- Q. When is the registration for SSC MTS 2019 start?
- Ans. The SSC MTS exam date 2019 are yet to be announced. We will update all the information regarding the same as and when SSC MTS 2019 Notification gets released.
- Q. When is the last date to apply for the SSC MTS 2019 exam?
- Ans. The SSC MTS exam dates haven't yet been announced.
- Q. When will be SSC MTS 2019 conducted?
- Ans. Paper 1 is expected to be conducted in December 2019. SSC MTS exam dates are expected to be released soon.
- Q. When will the admit cards get released?
- Ans. The paper 1 Admit Card is expected to be released in December 2019 and the dates for the release for admit cards for Paper 2 will be communicated with the release of the official notification.
- Q. What are the highlights of the eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
- Ans. All applicants must be Indian citizens or citizens of Bhutan or Nepal for applying. Apart from this, an applicant must have completed the 10th board from a board of education recognized by the government.
- Q. What is the age limit involved in applying for SSC MTS 2019?
- Ans. The lower age limit for applying for SSC MTS Exam 2019 is 18 years and no candidate must be more than 25 years of age. Having said that, relaxations in age limit will be provided for various reserved category candidates which are mentioned below:
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general) - 30 years
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general) - 28 years
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST) - 35 years
- PH (OBC) – 38 years
- PH (SC/ST) – 40 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC) - 29 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- 33 years
- Q. How much will be charged an application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
- Ans. The application fee is INR 100.
- Q. Will there be any fee for reserved category candidates?
- Ans. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be exempted from paying any Application Fee.
- Q. How can I pay the Application fee for MTS exam?
- Ans. The Application Fee can be paid only using an SBI challan.
- Q. What are the various posts offered to SSC MTS recruits?
- Ans. The various posts offered are the following: Peon, Safety, Jamadar, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator etc.
- Q. Can a candidate apply for a post in a state other than his/her home state?
- Ans. Yes, the candidate can apply for vacancies in any state.
- Q. Does the candidate need to know the native/regional language of the state he/she is applying for?
- Ans. No, it is not mandatory to read, write or speak the regional language of the state. However, the knowledge of the regional language will be an added advantage.
- Q. What is the Paper 1 exam pattern for SSC MTS 2019?
- Ans. There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions and the questionnaire will be divided into four parts i.e. General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. There will be 25 questions in each of the following sections: The General Intelligence & reasoning section and Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness carrying 25 marks each. Candidates will be provided 90 minutes to complete the test.
- Q. What is the Paper 2 exam pattern for SSC MTS 2019?
- Ans. Candidates qualifying the Paper-I will be required to appear for the Paper-II. Paper-II will be a descriptive test which will include Short essay/letter writing in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution. The test will carry a total of 50 marks and a candidate will be provided with 30 minutes for writing the test paper.
- Q. When will SSC declare results SSC MTS 2019 exam?
- Ans. The result of Paper-I will be declared on April 2020 and the final result is expected to be released in June 2020.
- Q. Will SSC release the answer key for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
- Ans. Yes, SSC will release the answer key for the after the conduction of the exam.
- Q. What were the cut off marks for SSC MTS for UP candidates in 2018?
- Ans. For candidates from UP, the cut off was 102.25 for General, 99.00 for OBC, 97.75 for SC and 77.50 for ST.
- Q. What were the cut off marks for SSC MTS for Delhi candidates in 2018?
- Ans. For candidates from Delhi, the cut off was 93.5 for General, 83.25 for OBC, 92.50 for SC and 71.25 for ST.