SSC MTS is the best opportunity for the candidates to get into Government service. SSC MTS exam will open new opportunities for the candidates as they will be recruited as Multitasking Staff.
- February 5, 2021: The registrations for SSC MTS 2020 has started. Candidates who are interested to apply can submit their applications before March 21, 2021. Visit the application form page for more information.
- February 3, 2021: SSC MTS 2020 notification has been postponed to February 5, 2021.
- What is SSC MTS Exam?
- SSC MTS 2021 Exam Date
- SSC MTS 2021 Eligibility
- SSC MTS 2021 Vacancies
- SSC MTS 2021 Application Form
- How to fill SSC MTS 2021 Application Form?
- SSC MTS 2021 Admit Card
- SSC MTS 2021 Exam Centres
- SSC MTS 2021 Exam Pattern
- SSC MTS 2021 Syllabus
- SSC MTS 2021 Reference Books
- SSC MTS 2021 Result
- SSC MTS 2021 Cut off
- SSC MTS 2021 Selection Process
- SSC MTS 2021 Salary
- Contact Details
- SSC MTS FAQs
What is SSC MTS Exam?
About SSC MTS: Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff, abbreviated as SSC MTS is a national level public examination which facilitates the recruitment of candidates for various non-technical posts. The nature of the job is multitasking and challenging. MTS exam is an online recruitment exam and all the MTS posts are available at the central government official websites and all of its departments across the country.
The exam is conducted once a year. The examination has two papers namely paper-1 and paper-2. Paper-1 is an online (computer-based) examination of duration 90 minutes. Paper-2 is an offline (pen and paper) examination of duration 30 minutes.
- Conducting Authority: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC MTS 2021 exam.
- Head office: SSC MTS has its main head office in New Delhi as well as several regional offices in various parts of India like Allahabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, etc.
- Level and Mode of the Exam: SSC MTS 2021 is a national level exam which is held once a year (annual). The mode of the exam will be online (computer-based).
- Sections: SSC MTS 2021 will be conducted in two stages- paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine the merit of the candidate to appear for the document verification process.
- Vacancies: The vacancies of SSC MTS 2021 are expected to be around 8,300 but it may vary accordingly, and students can take up this opportunity to secure a job.
- Exam Mode and duration: Paper I is conducted in online mode while Paper II is conducted in offline mode. The time allotted for Paper I is 90 minutes while time allotted for Paper II is 30 minutes.
SSC MTS Exam Highlights
Some key facts relevant to this exam are tabulated below for candidates' reference.
|SSC MTS 2021 Exam Details|
|Exam||Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff|
|Post Offered||Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Number of papers||2 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)|
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Date
The SSC MTS 2021 application form will be available on the official website soon after the release of official notification. As per the latest news notification which was released on September 17, 2020, the official notification regarding the exam schedule for SSC MTS 2021 will be released on September 22, 2020. Candidates can check the SSC MTS 2021 dates given below.
- Examination Date: The SSC MTS 2021 paper 1 exam is expected to be held from Jul 1, 2021 to Jul 1, 2021.
- Result Declaration: The final result is expected to be published in August 2021 (tentative).
|SSC MTS 2021 Date Notification Release||September 22, 2020|
|Official SSC MTS 2021 Exam Notification Release||February 5, 2021|
|Starting date of Application Form Registration||Feb 1, 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form Registration||Mar 1, 2021|
|Date of SSC MTS Exam Paper 1||Jul 1, 2021 to Jul 1, 2021|
|Date of SSC MTS Exam Paper 2 (For those who cleared Paper 1)||To be announced|
|Final Result||To be announced|
SSC MTS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the SSC MTS 2021 exam, the candidate should know the eligibility criteria set by the SSC. The eligibility criteria in terms of nationality, educational qualifications, and age limit are given below.
Candidate should be a citizen of India. Candidates belong to Nepal and Bhutan are also eligible to apply for the SSC MTS 2021 exam.
Candidate must have passed 10th standard or equivalent from any recognized board.
The age limit of a candidate should be between 18 to 25 years as on 1st April 2021, to apply for SSC MTS 2021 exam. The general category candidates will get no relaxation on the age limit.
|3||PH+Cerebral palsy||10 Years|
|4||PH+OBC+Cerebral palsy||13 Years|
|5||PH+SC/ST+Cerebral palsy||15 Years|
|9||Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved/General)||3 Years|
|10||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 (3+3) Years|
|11||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 (3+5) Years|
For more details regarding eligibility, check the SSC MTS 2021 eligibility section.
SSC MTS 2021 Vacancy
SSC Commission has announced about 8,300 vacancies for SSC MTS 2021 but it may vary later. Relaxation and reservations will be provided to categories like SC/ST, OBC, and physically disabled candidates. Region-wise vacancies are
|Kerala Karnataka Region||666|
|Madya Pradesh Region||536|
SSC MTS 2021 Nature of Job
Given below is the table is the information about the job description/types of things a candidate has to do.
|Sl. no||Nature of the job|
|1||General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit|
|2||Delivering files and papers within the building.|
|3||Physical maintenance of records/files of the Section.|
|4||Photocopying, sending/collecting of fax, etc.|
|5||Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.|
|6||Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.|
|7||Assisting with the computer and maintenance|
|8||Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.|
|9||Delivering of Dak/parcels/couriers (outside the building).|
|10||Watch and ward duties.|
|11||Opening and closing of rooms/doors/gates.|
|12||Cleaning of the building, fixtures, and other maintenance work|
|13||Work-related to the candidate's qualifications, if it exists.|
|14||Driving vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.|
|15||maintenance of lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.|
|16||Any other work assigned by the superior authority.|
SSC MTS 2021 Application Form
The SSC MTS 2021 application form will be available soon on the official website of Staff Service Commission. The candidate can apply on the official website or in offline mode. The registration is expected to start in the month of October. All the important registration dates will be updated once the official notification regarding the SSC MTS application form registration is out,
Details to be filled in SSC MTS 2021 application form
- Candidate's name
- Parent's/Guardian's name
- Date of birth
- Educational Qualifications
- Exam centre choices
- Contact details - Email ID and mobile number
- Post (in which candidates wants to apply)
- ID proof details such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID etc.
- Scanned copy of the signature
- Passport size colour photograph
Application fee: Candidates who belong to General/OBC Category have to pay INR 100 by online or offline mode. There is no application fee for SC, ST, OBC, PH and female candidates.
|General/ Other Backward Caste (OBC)||INR 1000|
|Women (all categories)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Disability (PwD) and Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||No application fee|
How to fill the SSC MTS 2021 application form?
Candidates can fill the SSC MTS 2021 application form by following the step by step process given below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for registration - www.ssc.nic.in
- Step 2: New candidates should click on the 'Register' option under the "Registration Part" on the homepage of the website to get registered as shown below. Candidates who already registered can start filling up the application form.
- Step 3: By clicking the 'Register' option, the candidate will have to fill all the mandatory basic and educational details.
- Step 4: After successful registration, the candidate will be provided with the registration number and password.
- Step 5: Log in with the registration number and password to finish the application process.
- Step 6: Once the candidate logs in, the application form will be displayed. Candidate needs to fill all the remaining mandatory details including exam centre preference.
- Step 7: Review the application form once all the details are provided and enter the captcha text and then click on the submit button.
- Step 8: In the final step, candidates will be redirected to the payment page. They can pay the SSC MTS 2021 application form fee by either online or offline mode (e-challan).
- Step 9: Candidates can download and take the printout of the SSC MTS application form which will be needed for the future reference.
SSC MTS 2021 Admit Card
The SSC MTS 2021 admit card will be available on the official website by the last week of October 2021. Candidates can download it by entering name and application number. Admit card will be having SSC MTS 2021 exam dates, candidate's photo, name, father's/mother's name, D.O.B, exam centre, and timings.
Steps to download SSC MTS Admit Card
- Step 1: Visit the official website at www.ssc.nic.in.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: The candidate has to enter their registration number/roll number and date of birth to access the admit card.
- Step 4: The candidate has to download a call letter by clicking on the mentioned options and the following page will popup:
- Step 5: Download the SSC MTS 2021 admit card and take a print of it.
- In case, candidate forgets the registration number he/she can insert his/her name father's name and date of birth. Click on search result and candidate will be directed to the admit card.
- The candidate has to review the admit card before downloading it. In case the candidate finds any find any mistake in the admit card, he/she can report to the respected regional office.
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Centres
The SSC MTS exam centres are divided into 9 regional offices. The exam will be conducted in 94 centres all over India. List of some major exam centres is given below.
|Sl. No.||Examination Centres & Centre Code|
|13||Guwahati (Dispur) (5105)|
|25||Srinagar (J&K) (1007)|
Please visit the SSC MTS 2021 Exam Centres section, to know all exam centres.
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Pattern
It is very important for a candidate to know about the exam pattern of the SSC MTS before attempting the exam. SSC MTS exam will be conducted in both Online and Offline mode. SSC MTS exam will be consist of two papers and a total of 2 hours will be allotted for the exam. 1 hour 30 minutes for Paper 1 and 30 minutes for Paper 2.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Exam Duration: Candidates who belong to General Category will be given time duration of 90 minutes while the PWD Category will be given 120 minutes.
- For descriptive paper, candidates who belong to General Category will be given time duration of 30 minutes while the PWD Category will be given 40 minutes.
|Mode||The exam has 2 papers, Paper 1 will be conducted in online mode while Paper-II will be conducted in offline mode.|
|Duration||Paper 1 will be for 90 minutes and Paper 2 will be for 30 minutes|
|Pattern||Paper 1 will be objective types and Paper 2 will be descriptive type|
|Total Question||Paper 1 will have 100 MCQ's (25 questions per section) and Paper 2 will consist of descriptive questions|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 will be for 100 marks and paper 2 will be for 50 marks|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer|
SSC MTS 2021 Syllabus
SSC MTS exam consists of 2 papers. The syllabus is different for both the papers. Paper-wise SSC MTS 2021 syllabus is given below:
- Paper 1: In Paper 1 a total of 100 questions will be asked (25 questions from each section or subject) for 100 marks.
- Part A: General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning
- Part B: General Knowledge and Awareness
- Part C: Numerical/Mathematical Aptitude
- Part D: English language
- Paper 2: In Paper 2 descriptive question will be asked for 50 marks
- Short essay writing, letter writing in English
SSC MTS Syllabus Paper I
The SSC MTS Syllabus for the Paper includes four sections as mentioned above. The detailed syllabus along with the sub-topics which are included in each section is given below:
General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning
The syllabus for General Intelligence and Logical Reasoning includes Visual Memory, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Similarities and Differences, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Computation, Analytical Functions etc.
General Knowledge and Awareness
The syllabus for General Knowledge and Awareness includes Current events and India’s recent economic and social policies, Indian Constitution, Award-Winning Books, History, Culture, Awards and Honors, Economy and Polity, Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries, India’s relations/agreements with the neighbouring countries.
The syllabus of Numerical/Mathematical Aptitude includes Relationship between Numbers, Number Systems, Number System, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, HCF/LCM, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Use Of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time And Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work.
The syllabus of English Langauge includes Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, Active/Passive Voice, Direct/Indirect Speech, and Phrases and Idioms.
SSC MTS Reference Books
To score more in the SSC MTS exam, candidates have to prepare regularly. Candidates can do study from subject-wise books and also can refer to SSC MTS Books. Some of the valuable books are listed below.
- SSC Multi Tasking by Arihant Publication (In English)
- Popular Master Guide - SSC Multi Tasking Staff by R. Gupta (In English)
- Lakshya SSC Multi Tasking by Manu Prakasan (In Hindi)
- Ultimate Guide to SSC Multi Tasking Staff Exam by Disha Publication (In English)
- SSC MTS - 25 Practice sets by MTG Publications (In English)
Candidates can visit SSC MTS 2021 reference books section, to know more about SSC MTS books and subjectwise books.
SSC MTS 2021 Results
SSC MTS 2021 results will be declared in the pdf file on #result_date on the official SSC MTS website. The results will be declared in 2 stages, at first Paper 1 results will be declared and the qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for Paper 2 exam.
Steps to download SSC MTS Exam result
- Step 1: Visit the official SSC website ssc.nic.in where they will find the result link.
- Step 2: Click on the result link. The candidate will be directed to the new page
- Step 3: Click to open the results PDF file. Now candidate can search his/her result. Easy step to find candidate name is by pressing 'Ctrl+F', a search bar will show on top, insert your name or roll number to see your result.
- Step 4: Candidate has to download and print the PDF file for future use.
SSC MTS Cutoff
The Staff Selection Commission will declare the SSC MTS 2021 after the exam. SSC MTS cut off is mandatory for everyone to qualify. Otherwise, you will not be able to sit in the next rounds of the selection. The SSC MTS cut off 2021 will be dependent on the previous years' cut off trends.
- SSC MTS will be prepared based on the following factors
- The number of candidates appearing for SSC MTS 2021.
- Total Vacancy
- Candidates performance
- Previous years cutoff
- The cutoff is different for different categories. Category-wise expected cutoff for SSC MTS 2021 is shown below:
|Category||SSC MTS cut-off Marks (out of 150)|
SSC MTS 2021 Recruitment
There is no interview section in the process of SSC MTS recruitment. SSC will recruit candidates based on the written exams only. The SSC MTS selection process is as follows:
- Step 1: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct SSC MTS Paper 1 exam, which will be online.
- Step 2: Shortlisted candidates on the Paper 1 examination will have to appear in paper 2 exams, which will be offline.
- Step 3: Candidates who will cross the SSC MTS cutoff will be qualified for the next step.
- Step 4: The candidates will have to go through document verification after successfully passing the written exam.
- Step 5: Candidates will be recruited in the post, for which the candidate applied.
Note: The cut-offs may vary in both papers as per the vacancies in each State/UT. Candidates for each State/UT will be finally shortlisted on the bases of their exam performance in Paper-I and Paper-2.
SSC MTS Salary
SSC MTS salary is different for different cities. SSC segregates cities in three types X, Y and Z. Category wise salary for SSC MTS is as follows:
|Pay Details||Amount (INR)|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||4320||2880||1400|
|Travel Allowance (TA)||1350||900||900|
|National Pension System||1800||1800||1800|
|Central Govt. Health Scheme||125||125||125|
|Central Govt. Employees Group Insurance Scheme||1500||1500||1500|
|Total In-Hand Salary||20245||18355||16915|
In case of any queries related to SSC MTS 2021 exam, candidates can contact at the given details below.
Address: Staff Selection Commission, Block No 12, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Phone Number: 011-24363343, 24367526
Email ID: [email protected]
SSC MTS FAQs
- Q. How do I apply for the SSC MTS 2021 exam?
- Ans. A candidate has to apply online on the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in. However, candidates can only do this once the recruitment notification for 2021 has been released.
- Q. How is the selection done to recruit Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) by SSC?
- Ans. The exam will be conducted in two phases - paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 or the preliminary examination will only be qualifying in nature while Paper 2 or the main examination and the interview score will determine the merit of the candidate to be considered for provisional allotment of posting.
- Q. When is the registration for SSC MTS 2021 start?
- Ans. The SSC MTS exam date 2021 is yet to be announced. We will update all the information regarding the same as and when SSC MTS 2021 Notification gets released.
- Q. When is the last date to apply for the SSC MTS 2021 exam?
- Ans. The SSC MTS exam dates haven't yet been announced.
- Q. When will be SSC MTS 2021 conducted?
- Ans. Paper 1 is expected to be conducted in December 2020. SSC MTS exam dates are expected to be released soon.
- Q. When will the admit cards get released?
- Ans. The paper 1 admit card is expected to be released in July 2021 and the dates for the release for admit cards for Paper 2 will be communicated with the release of the official notification.
- Q. What are the highlights of the eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2021 exam?
- Ans. All applicants must be Indian citizens or citizens of Bhutan or Nepal for applying. Apart from this, an applicant must have completed the 10th board from a board of education recognized by the government.
- Q. What is the age limit involved in applying for SSC MTS 2021?
- Ans. The lower age limit for applying for SSC MTS exam 2021 is 18 years and no candidate must be more than 25 years of age. Having said that, relaxations in age limit will be provided for various reserved category candidates which are mentioned below:
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general) - 30 years
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general) - 28 years
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST) - 35 years
- PH (OBC) – 38 years
- PH (SC/ST) – 40 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC) - 29 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- 33 years
- Q. How much will be charged an application fee for SSC MTS 2021 exam?
- Ans. The application fee is INR 100.
- Q. Will there be any fee for reserved category candidates?
- Ans. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be exempted from paying any application Fee.
- Q. How can I pay the application fee for the MTS exam?
- Ans. The Application Fee can be paid only using an SBI challan.
- Q. What are the various posts offered to SSC MTS recruits?
- Ans. The various posts offered are the following: Peon, Safety, Jamadar, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator etc.
- Q. Can a candidate apply for a post in a state other than his/her home state?
- Ans. Yes, the candidate can apply for vacancies in any state.
- Q. Does the candidate need to know the native/regional language of the state he/she is applying for?
- Ans. No, it is not mandatory to read, write or speak the regional language of the state. However, the knowledge of the regional language will be an added advantage.
- Q. What is the Paper 1 exam pattern for SSC MTS 2021?
- Ans. There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions and the questionnaire will be divided into four parts i.e. General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. There will be 25 questions in each of the following sections: The General Intelligence & reasoning section and Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness carrying 25 marks each. Candidates will be provided 90 minutes to complete the test.
- Q. What is the Paper 2 exam pattern for SSC MTS 2021?
- Ans. Candidates qualifying the Paper-I will be required to appear for the Paper-II. Paper-II will be a descriptive test which will include Short essay/letter writing in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution. The test will carry a total of 50 marks and a candidate will be provided with 30 minutes for writing the test paper.
- Q. When will SSC declare results SSC MTS 2020 exam?
- Ans. The result of Paper-I will be declared on Feb 2021 and the final result is expected to be released in May 2020.
- Q. Will SSC release the answer key for SSC MTS 2020 exam?
- Ans. Yes, SSC will release the answer key for the after the conduction of the exam.
- Q. What were the cut off marks for SSC MTS for UP candidates in 2018?
- Ans. For candidates from UP, the cut off was 102.25 for General, 99.00 for OBC, 97.75 for SC and 77.50 for ST.
- Q. What were the cut off marks for SSC MTS for Delhi candidates in 2018?
- Ans. For candidates from Delhi, the cut off was 93.5 for General, 83.25 for OBC, 92.50 for SC and 71.25 for ST.
Is SSC-MTS examination conducted only in offline mode?
Paper-1 of SSC MTS examination is conducted in Online(Computer-based) mode and Paper-2 is conducted in Offline (Pen-paper) mode.
What is the SSC MTS application fee?
The SSC MTS application fee is INR 100. Paying Application Fee is exempted for female candidates, and candidates belonging to reserved categories.
Is there any minimum qualification to apply for SSC MTS examination?
Aspiring candidates should have passed class 10th in order to be eligible to apply for SSC MTS.
Does SSC MTS examination include negative marking?
SSC MTS exam includes a negative marking in its evaluation method. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Should candidates attend paper-1 and paper-2 compulsorily?
Yes, eligible candidates who have applied for the examination must attend both paper-1 and paper-2 without fail. Candidates who fail to attend any one of the papers will be disqualified.