By knowing the LSAT 2021 syllabus candidates can strategise accordingly and prepare themselves for the exam. The syllabus includes information related to the subjects, mark distribution and the important topics which are included in the examination.
The syllabus for LSAT 2021 has been the same for the past few years except for some minor changes. Candidates will also be able to focus more on topics that are more important and prepare accordingly. Topics in LSAT Syllabus is discussed below.
LSAT Syllabus Topics
LSAT 2021 comprises questions that are designed to test an aspirant's Analytical and Logical thinking and Comprehension skills.
LSAT is conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), based in the USA, for admission into various Law schools in India. The candidates have to complete their education till 10+2 level from a recognized board, to be eligible for LSAT. All major sections in LSAT syllabus 2021 are mentioned with information about the type of questions appearing on LSAT 2021 Exam.
LSAT Syllabus - Major Sections
There are 4 sections in the LSAT exam:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning (Part 1)
- Logical Reasoning (Part 2)
- Reading Comprehension
LSAT Syllabus 2021 Highlights
- Nature of the questions will be objective (i.e.) multiple-choice format
- The number of choices provided in a question will be 4-5.
- Time allotted for LSAT examination: 02 hours and 20 minutes duration without any break. The Law School Admission Test-India 2021 will consist of the following sections.
- Total no. of questions: 92-100
- Mode of Exam is pen & paper-based.
- Approximately 35 minutes will be allotted to attempt each section.
- Each correct answer will be allotted 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking in case of a wrong answer or unattended question.
LSAT Analytical Reasoning Syllabus
- Questions in this section are based on the student’s ability to understand the structure of relationships and to arrive at logical conclusions about these structures.
- The questions in this LSAT Test section are based on complex analysis that a law student is expected to perform during legal problem-solving.
- Aspirant's reasoning should be accompanied by a provable set of rules and principles that explain the relationships between persons, things, or events.
LSAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- Questions in the Logical Reasoning Section of the LSAT 2021 exam are designed to test one's ability to analyze, evaluate, and complete arguments in an ordinary and understandable language (layman terms).
- These questions are designed to test the student's ability to think critically and in the legal context of affairs.
- Aspirants will be required to attempt comprehension based passages where one is required to read the passage and answer the questions that follow.
- The skills required to score well in this section include drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, determining how additional evidence affects an argument, applying rules and principles and also identifying flaws in the argument.
- The questions in this LSAT Test section are designed to examine the student's ability to read, understand, and describe insight complex material that is identical to the ones asked in law school.
- Aspiring students are given reading material followed by four to nine questions that judge reading and reasoning abilities.
- Reading Comprehension section comprises four sets of reading passages.
LSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are few tips for the students to prepare for LSAT 2021 exam.
- The LSAT 2021 exam will have four sections. Candidates will be given approx 35 minutes to attempt each section.
- Time management is required to solve the complete paper efficiently.
- Answers have to be filled on OMR answer sheet provided to them. The candidates must fill the answer sheet very carefully otherwise thoroughly.
- There is no criterion of negative marking in the LSAT India 2021 exam. So, the candidates must attempt all the questions in the exam for a better score.
- Aspirants should solve a lot of sample papers, mock tests and previous year question papers to get sound knowledge regarding LSAT 2021 exam pattern and the types of questions.
NOTE: LSAT 2021 syllabus is the same for both postgraduate and undergraduate but the difficulty of questions will change according to the course.