Birla Institute of Technology has announced the BIT MCA Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria for the aspirants who are seeking admission to the Master of Computer Application (MCA) programme. The candidate's profile must fulfill the eligibility standards/criteria that have been set by the university/conducting board.
Table of Contents
- BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility
- Detailed BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria For Candidates with Foreign Diplomas
- Reservation For BIT MCA 2023
BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility
Given below is the table containing important BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria which an applicant must understand.
|BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Highlights|
|Degree Qualifications||Any UG Degree in Science Stream|
|Higher Secondary||Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as major subjects|
|Marks||55% of UG|
|SC/ST Candidates||50% in UG|
Detailed BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Degree or equivalent qualification: Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates must have one of the following qualifications: Bachelor of Computer Applications, or B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at the graduate level.
- Minimum Criteria for Bachelor of Computer Application Candidates: Candidate must have a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks on average in graduation, marks to be computed as the average of marks obtained in all subjects in which the candidate has appeared.
- Minimum Criteria for B.Sc. Candidate: Candidates who have qualified B.Sc. Honours must have a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks on average in their Honours subject.
- Criteria for Candidates appearing for the Final Exam of their Bachelor's program: If candidates have obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the program provisionally. At the time of reporting for the verification of documents or admission, candidates must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of the Institute.
Note: Admission for the candidates who are appearing in the final exam of their Bachelor's programme will be confirmed only when they submit:
- Mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree/equivalent or they must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks.
- Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- All applicants are advised to check the BIT MCA 2023 Important Dates after fulfilling BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
BIT MCA 2023 Eligibility Criteria For Candidates with Foreign Diplomas
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU.
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University.
- In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate/applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
Reservation For BIT MCA 2023