IISWBM Kolkata Facilities
Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata, is equipped with state of the art IT facilities, a central library, canteen, language labs and hostels. The campus is spread over 1,786 square meters and offers modern amenities to students for a better learning experience. More details regarding the IISWBM infrastructure are mentioned below.
- The IISWBM has a central library which has an open-access facility for its members.
- It has a wide range of books on multiple subjects such as management, social welfare, industrial safety, transport, environment, etc.
- IISWBM library has access to multiple e-resources.
- Faculty, students, and staff can search for specific resources using LIBSYS (OPAC).
- The IISWBM library is under CCTV surveillance.
- It offers the following services for its members, lending services, access to the current issues and back volumes of journals, reference and information service, access to database service, interlibrary loans, bibliographic service, current awareness service, display of new arrivals, and photocopying services.
- The institute has a canteen which provides their students with delicious meals at subsidised prices.
- The meals are provided quickly to accommodate students who have only a few minutes between classes.
- Students, staff, and professors can choose from various snacks and meals, all of which are nutritious.
The canteen has Wi-Fi, which stimulates digital contact and allows students to continue their studies while relaxing.
- IISWBM has a business intelligence lab, which has more than 50 workstations and state of the art audio-visual facilities.
- Students get to learn about MIS and DSS tools through hands-on experience.
- Statistical software like SPSS and business analytics tools are also available.
- For processing financial accounts, payroll, and HR applications, it has installed FACT ERP.
- High-speed internet facilities are available through Wi-Fi or LAN.
- The IISWBM infrastructure has Personal Identification Systems in place as part of the IT security policy for internet resources.
- Video-conference and photocopying facilities are also available.
- A web-assisted language laboratory is available to help students with the language learning process.
- The institute has multiple innovative interactive tools that enhance the learning process.
- This lab helps students with their communication skills.
- It has a Students Activity Centre, which helps students relax with various recreational activities.
- It is also a great place to unwind, share ideas, and be involved in debates.
- A Gym is also present on campus with modern equipment and a trainer.
- The Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management hostel is spread over 9000 square feet next to the academic block. It houses approximately 42 female students.
- The girls hostel has fully furnished rooms with attached bathrooms (2-seater and 3-seater), a canteen, a large dining hall furnished to seat 32 diners at a time, kitchen, common living area with LCD TV, terrace, microwave ovens, refrigerator, water coolers and purifiers, ironing table, irons, recreational facilities such as carom, and professional round-the-clock security services.
- IISWBM Kolkata facilities include spacious and air-conditioned classrooms that are well-equipped with current infrastructures, such as LCD multimedia projectors, and are well-maintained to meet student's academic needs.
- The IISWBM auditorium features a well-designed stage, excellent acoustics, comfortable seats, and an audio-visual display.
- It is the ideal setting for meetings, theatrical performances, and interactive workshops.
- With amplifiers, speakers, and a built-in projector, the screen can accommodate any audio-visual communication.
- It is equipped with all the necessary resources to support the institute's academic and administrative activities. Two servers with a leased line facility run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to maintain the whole network connection.
- Students have access to free Wi-Fi internet to make their studying process more efficient.
- The seminar rooms are equipped with all of the required conveniences to facilitate the exchange of ideas between students, faculty, and even members from other institutes or corporations.
- These are designed with the latest technology and audio-visual aids. With the capability of uninterrupted engagement provided by video conferencing, it becomes even more industry-friendly.