Infrastructure Facilities at Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, [IISWBM] Kolkata:
The Institute is equipped with state of the art IT facilities, central Library, canteen, language labs and hostels. some of the major facilities available at IISWBM, Kolkata are mentioned below.
- The IISWBM has a Central Library which has an open-access facility for its members.
- It has a wide range of books, on multiple subjects such as management, social welfare, industrial safety, transport, environment, etc.
- It has access to multiple e-resources.
- Faculty, students, and staff can search for specific resources using LIBSYS (OPAC).
- The library is under CCTV surveillance.
- It offers the following services for its members, lending services, access to the current issues and back volumes of journals, reference and information service, access to database service, interlibrary loans, bibliographic service, current awareness service, display of new arrivals, and photocopying services.
- The Institute has a canteen which provides their students with delicious meals at subsidized prices.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled.
- IISWBM has a Business Intelligence Lab, which has more than 50 workstations and state-of-the-art Audio-Visual facilities.
- Students get to learn about MIS and DSS tools, through hands-on experience.
- Statistical software like SPSS and Business Analytics Tools are also available.
- For processing financial accounts, payroll, and HR applications it has installed FACT ERP.
- High-speed internet facilities are available through Wi-Fi or LAN.
- The campus has Personal Identification Systems in place as part of the IT security policy, with respect to internet resources.
- Video-conference facilities are also available.
- There are photocopying facilities available at the library.
- A Web Assisted Language Laboratory is available to help students with the language learning process.
- The Institute has multiple innovative interactive tools that enhance the learning process.
- This lab helps students with their communication skills.
- It has a Students Activity Centre, which helps students relax with various recreational activities.
- A Gym is also present on campus with modern equipment and a trainer.