Get complete analysis of ICAR Exam 2020. Check the difficulty level of the ICAR 2020 exam and other important information before attempting the exam.
Candidates should note that the marking scheme and exam pattern for the ICAR AIEEA exam 2020 have been revised. This is done to ease the burden on students caused due to the coronavirus pandemic. The ICAR national level entrance exam will be Computer based and will be for a duration of 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes.) The format of the ICAR exam 2020 has now been changed to MCQ.
Here’s an overview of the ICAR exam analysis 2020:
- Candidates can choose between english and hindi language for the three sections.
- Agriculture, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics are the topics in question.
- There will be 150 questions from all the subjects mentioned above.
- Visually challenged students appearing for the exam will have an additional 50 minutes added to their time duration.
Exam Highlights ICAR AIEEA 2020
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 exam is scheduled for September 16- 22, 2020. The NTA will be conducting the exam in three streams.
- PCM - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- PCB - Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- PCA - Physics, Chemistry, Agriculture
There are a total of 150 questions, each correct answer is valued at 4 marks, whereas the wrong answer deducts -1 from your total score.
Sectional Weightage for ICAR AIEEA UG 2020
We have listed the allotment of marks for all streams and the weightage per section below.
- Physics: Consisting of 50 questions valued at 200 marks, physics is usually easy and includes questions that require calculations.
- Chemistry: Consisting of 50 questions valued at 200 marks, Chemistry is easier and in 2019, physical chemistry had the highest weightage.
- Mathematics: Algebra and Calculus were the highest weightage in 2019. Consisting of 50 questions valued at 200 marks, mathematics is the difficult among the lot and lengthy as well.
- Agriculture: Agriculture is moderate in difficulty and includes Agrometeorology, Microbiology and Horticulture. It consists of 50 questions and is valued at 200 marks in the PCA stream.
- Biology: With topics such as Life, Diversity of life, Organisms and the environment, Biology is the most difficult of the lot and consists of 50 questions valued at 200 marks in PCB.
Marking Scheme for ICAR AIEEA 2020
As mentioned above, the marking scheme is 4 marks for the correct answer and -1 for incorrect answers. In case of a wrong attempt, there is a 1 mark deduction and the final marks are calculated based on the table below.
|Marking Scheme for ICAR AIEEA 2020|
|Questions Per Section||50|
|Marks Per Question||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||-1 Mark (For every wrong attempt)|
ICAR 2020 Post-Analysis
The details section-wise analysis will be given after the exam is over. Keep checking GetMyUni for the latest updates.
About ICAR AIEEA
The AIEE ICAR entrance exam is held every year to help candidates seek admission in postgraduate, undergraduate and Doctoral programmes in allied sciences and agriculture sciences. 15% of the bachelor degree programme seats are filled with the ICAR exam and candidates can also seek the National Talent Scholarships in agriculture and allied science subjects. This does not include veterinary science.