About The New College, [TNC] Kolhapur
The New College, Established in the year 1971 on 15th June, the new college began offering Arts, Commerce and Science programs in the year 1975. The college is affiliated to the Shivaji University, Kolhapur. It received recognition by University Grants Commission on 30th April, 1976 under section 2(f) and 12B. NAAC gave accreditation to the college with B+ Grade on 3rd May, 2004. Located in the heart of the city, the college is just 2km away from the very famous Mahalaxmi Temple.
A Multidisciplinary institute, the college offers programs in Arts, Commerce, Science, Information Technology and Management faculties. It offers both conventional and professional courses to the students. In the year 2001, it began the B.C.S. course, B.B.A. in 2007 and B.C.A. in 2008. The objective of the college is to offer complete personal, intellectual as well as physical development of the students along with academic focus. Since its inception, the college has been transforming students into cultivated and cultured citizens who can face the challenges of the future without any hassles.
Mission, Vision, Goals
- Mass welfare and happiness through the spread of education. (“Bahujan Hitay : Bahujan Sukhay”)
- To co-educate male and female students (through Marathi medium)
- To enrich Indian culture and languages.
- To stress/emphasise activity oriented and practical based education.
- To maintain high academic standard.
- To inspire loyalty to the nation.
- To endeavour to create ability to take decisions collectively and democratically.
- To create scientific attitude.
- To ensure values like truth, honesty, character, science and sacrifice into the students and to curb social exploitation through education amongst them.
- To create love for dignity of labour.
- To train the students to face competitive examinations
- To provide a platform to the students to enhance their skills/potentials as well as a sense of social responsibility and nationality through sports, cultural activities, NCC, NSS and other events.
- To help the students for the job training and placement of jobs wherever possible.
Why To Join The New College, Kolhapur?
1.High Academic Achievements –
On the basis of consistent and good results in the university examinations, scholarships awarded to the students and winning of several prizes, the college has been granted permanent affiliation. The college tries to maintain high academic standards wherein more than 95% students pass out every year in the university exams.
2. Consistent Success in Several Fields –
The students of the college win several scholarships as well as prizes on a consistent basis. More than 250 students were granted scholarships by the Government of India, the State Government. Not only academics, students are equally active in sports, literature and arts too. They have been bestowed with Shiv Chhatrapati Awards as well as Sahitya Academy Awards.
3. Well-stocked Library –
The campus of the college has a rich library complete with several textbooks on various subjects, a wide variety of periodicals, reference works that are accessible to students throughout the year.