Scholarships at Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering, [RSCE] Pune
Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering adheres to the rules and regulations laid down by the DTE, Government of Maharashtra regarding admission of students in the reservation criteria. Scholarships provided by the Government of India for Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering students are given below.
- As per DTE norms, there is a special quota for the candidates belonging to J&K and Northeast states.
SC/ ST/ OBC Students
- Scholarships to Reserved Category students are available as per government norms.
- Admission cell organizes special seminars for these students to tell them about schemes and scholarships if they take engineering admissions.
- 3% of seats of total sanctioned intake capacity of all the institutions coming under CAP are reserved for candidates with a disability, as per the provisions in Clause 39 of equal opportunities, protection of rights, and Full Participation Act 1995.
- 30% of seats available for Maharashtra State CAP are reserved for female candidates, as per the provisions in GR No. GEC-1000/ (123/2000)/ Tech. Edu.-1, dated 17th April 2000.
Economically Weaker Sections
- 5% seats are reserved under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFWS) for each course.
- Students of economically backward class (EBC) are also getting the fees concession as per the rules of the Government of Maharashtra.
- Students belonging to minority communities like Muslim/ Christian / Buddhist / Sikh / Parsi / Jain avail themselves of the "State and Central Government Minority Scholarship".
EWS- Economical Weaker section
- 6 students in every batch of 60 are admitted under this category and 50% of the total fees waved for each student.
TFWS- Tuition Fees Wavier Scheme
- Under this scheme, 100% of Tuition fees is waived.
Private Scholarships provided by the Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering are given below.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarships
- These merit scholarships for Engineering students are supported by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and targets meritorious students from economically backward sections of society.
NTPC Scholarship Scheme
- This scholarship for Engineering is started by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), is meant for deserving candidates from the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and physically challenged students.
- 2nd year Engineering students falling in these categories are eligible for this particular scholarship.
Indian Oil Corporation Scholarships
- IOCL is yet another well-known company that provides 300 scholarships to deserving engineering students in India, under the aegis of their Indian Oil Educational Scholarship scheme.
- Successful candidates are selected purely on a merit-cum-means basis and are awarded scholarships amounting to INR 3,000 per month, for a period of four months.
Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
- Backed by the world-renowned Tata Group, the Tata Education and Development Trust, has scholarships for engineering students in India who thoroughly deserve to pursue Engineering.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students
- The principal objective of this scholarship scheme by the central government and the Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Higher Education) is to help deserving students with limited means, meet a part of their fixed expenses- while doing their graduate and post-graduate degrees.
IET India Scholarship
- This scholarship for Engineering was founded to reward excellence among deserving 2nd and 3rd Year undergraduate students of Engineering by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- The Oil Natural Gas Commission, the country’s top-ranked energy company offers this scholarship to fund needy but deserving Indian students hailing from the SC/ST & OBC categories.
- 50% of the scholarship is reserved for girl students.
Leela Poonawala scholarships
- Poonawala group and SERUM institutes provide special scholarships to Girls students.
- Cummins group also provides Scholarships to economically weaker students on the basis of Merit.
Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering gives Cash Prizes to the First Five FE Topper Students.