Miranda House, residential college for women, is one of the premier Women's Institutions of Delhi University. It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer; its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in the same year. Located on the University campus, Miranda House is built in warm red brick with cool and spacious verandahs. Its original design was by the renowned architect Walter George, the college shares an architectural affinity with other colonial educational institutions of the country. In the past five decades, as the college has grown, several other buildings have been added to its original design. It is now declared a heritage building and work is on to maintain its pristine glory.
International Partnership of Miranda House, Delhi University
Application Criteria of Miranda House, Delhi University
Departments within Miranda House, Delhi University
Contact Information of Miranda House, Delhi University
Address: University of Delhi, Delhi, 110007
Phone: 011 2766 6983