Scholarships Facilities at Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur:
- IITK provides financial support to deserving students.
- The aim of the financial aid program is to ensure that financial circumstances do not prevent a meritorious student from studying at IIT Kanpur
Know More about IIT Kanpur
Merit-cum-Means Scholarships for Undergraduate students:
- Students receive a full tuition waiver and pocket allowance of INR 1000 per month for the duration of the program.
- This is a merit-based scholarship, hence, the recipients must maintain a minimum CPI of 6.5.
- However, if CPI falls below 6.5 (but remains above 6.0) then the pocket allowance is withdrawn.
- Generally, parents' annual income should be less than INR 6 LPA
Merit-cum-means scholarships given by alumni of IIT Kanpur:
- Total of about 50 scholarships. Some of the scholarships may be for the students of a particular department
- Most of the scholarships are at the rate of INR 2000 per month for a duration of 10 months
- Few scholarships are of 3-year duration and based on merit (minimum CPI should be 8.5)
- Most of the scholarships require that parents annual income should be less than INR 4.5 LPA ( amount may vary from scholarship to scholarship)
National prizes for UG and PG students:
- Each year top 7% students of each batch are given national prizes (includes a certificate and cash prize of Rs 400)
- These are merit-based prizes and therefore the recipients must have a minimum CPI of 8.5
Sports Scholarships and Prizes:
- Each year 20 students are given scholarships for their performance in the sports (Rs 500 per month for nine months)
- Winners of medals in annual inter IIT sports meet receive cash prizes of INR 1500, 1000, and 500 for winning the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals respectively.
Support for PG Students:
- Masters and Ph.D. students are not entitled to apply for the scholarships as they receive TAship/RAship etc.
- However, they are considered for prizes (national, sports)
- PG students are expected to actively participate in research, hence, they are provided support to attend international conferences (requires the support of approx. Rs 70000 for travel, etc.)
- The support comes from the funds provided by alumni of IIT Kanpur
Also Check: IIT Kanpur Department of Computer Science and Engineering Junior Research Fellowship