About Governemt First Grade College, [GFGC] Mangalore
Government First Grade College Mangalore (hereafter as GFGCM), started functioning from May 2007 temporarily at the premises of Government P.U.College, Balmatta, Mangalore. From a tentative beginning at Balmatta, it has been housed in a campus of its own in a place called Kadubithilu, Carstreet, Mangalore in the year 2008. Before the construction of the new building, classes were conducted in the old tile roofed primary school building of Mangalore Kasaba village. (Survey nos.265-III-10 & 267-III-10)
The first batch had 245 students, while the second batch saw a drastic increase in student intake from 245 to 430 in the year 2008 and thereafter, the intake continued to increase in the consequent years. Currently, the students strength is 1066, out of which, 829 are female and 237 are male students. Thus, this Institution within a short span of time was able to attract a large number of students both local and from the neighbouring district of Kasargod of Kerala State. Thus, this institution has a great responsibility to empower them and make them potential, worthy citizens.
- Achieving Social justice and social equity through higher education.
- Empowering students to become responsible citizens.
- Empowering women and marginalized through higher education.
- Providing quality higher education to all urban and rural, poor and needy students.
- Creating productive human beings through various academic programmes.
- Arranging scholarships and free ships to meritorious and economically depressed students and provide them the necessary encouragement and motivation to pursue higher education.
- Providing infrastructural support to students pursuing higher education.
- To equip students through various skills to pursue higher education.
- To create harmony in the society through education.
- To impart knowledge and character building education.
- To facilitate the students of the urban and rural areas to pursue higher education.
- To develop civic consciousness among the students.
- To make provisions for the weaker and economically backward sections to come to the main stream by quality based education.
- To provide a platform to develop and expose the innate qualities and abilities of the students.
- To understand how to make practical application of knowledge and skills.
- To develop the feeling of oneness, solidarity and co- operation among the students in upholding the rich culture of our nation.
- To equip the students with strong moral and ethical values in their life and career.
- Improve employability and learning outcomes of students through quality education and to empower employees for quality performance.
- To upgrade research and consultancy services and improve society- institution interactions.