Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth is providing the students with the best of facilities and excellent education. The University is the excellent because the students passing out have been placed very well. The Vidyapeeth comprises of Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pimpri, Pune.
- It got its status of University under the Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 on 2003 of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary & Higher Education, New Delhi and the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- The D.Y. Patil Education Society was set up in the year 1987. Since then it has been providing the best of education in the area of health sciences
- The Vidyapeeth was accredited with 'A' Grade by NAAC with CGPA of 3.08 in the month of September 2009 for the period of five years
- The University provides for one of the best medical colleges
- The MBBS degree that is conferred is recognized by the Government of Malaysia
- It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- MoUs with Foreign Universities: Miami University, USA, John Hopkins University, USA and University of Skovde, Sweden for the purpose of Research and Academic Collaboration.
- MoUs with Industries: Serum Institute of India, Indian Oil Corporation, Biozeen, Geniva Biopharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Zydus Cadila Research Center, C-DAC, Pune, GVK BIO, Bangalore, V Life Sciences, Genova Biotech & Biopharmaceuticals and CIPLA
To help build an enlightened, culturally and economically vibrant India developed through education in diverse disciplines.
To contribute to the socio-economic and ethical development of the nation, by providing high quality education through institutions that have dedicated faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure, and are capable of developing competent professional and liberal-minded citizens
With this mission the University has been providing high quality education in the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Allied Medical Sciences, Nursing, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Management and distance learning through eight institutions. In each programme the University ensures the provision of high quality education, the pursuit of knowledge and the creation of new ideas.