About Bengal Institute of Technology and Management, Birbhum
Bengal Institute of Technology & Management (BITM), Shantiniketan has already put its mark in providing quality-engineering education in Eastern India during its eleven years of existence. This institute with its 60 acre wide campus, is continuously growing up to edge over other institutions of its kind in the country by the untiring and combined efforts of the distinguished and dedicated faculty members, a large number of young energetic students and efficient administrative and supporting staff members.
The huge buildings, gardens, canteens, laboratories and playgrounds that dot the 60-acre campus. Altough the main attraction of this place remains because of its association with Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941), one of Bengal's greatest figures, of course the natural charm of Santiniketan is a major draw in itself. Home at Santiniketan would surely call for peaceful Residential Neighbourhood at Santiniketan amidst the greenery all around. Thus here comes Upoban the new concept of housing complex launched as a joint venture of Bengal Ambuja Housing Development Limited and Sriniketan Santiniketan Development Authority who enhances on materializing their vision of setting a well facilitated Residential neighbourhood at Santiniketan with utmost satisfaction of its residents. However since this is one of the most renowned and coveted tourist spot in Bengal one would surely like to gather information on Hotels at Santiniketan.
Why Join Bengal Institute of Technology and Management (BITM)
- Affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology
- AICTE approved
- Accredited by NAAC with 'B' grade
- Interaction with the corporate houses
- Placement assistance provided
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Assistance in R&D activities among students
- Promote entrepreneurship development among students
- Electronics and Communication
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Application
- Hospitality Tourism & Hotel Management
- Basic Science & Humanities
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
Admission Procedure :-
For Admission to First Year M.Tech
Candidates should pass the four years B.E. / B.Tech. with First class or equivalent degree in respective branch where they desire to seek admission. (GATE/PGET qualified candidates will get preference.)
For Admission to First Year B.Tech
Candidates should :
- Passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent
examination from a recognized Council/Board with:
- Individual pass marks in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology.
- Minimum of 45% marks in the above subjects taken together (40% for SC/ST/PwD/OBC candidates) as well as pass in English with a minimum of 30% marks (for all categories of candidates) in the said qualifying examination.
- Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age as on 31.12.2015. There is no upper age limit
- Must qualify / pass in English at 10+2 level.
- Must have any valid WBJEE or JEE(Main) rank.
For Admission to Second Year B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
Admission through Lateral Entry Scheme shall be made strictly on the basis of current year merit and the preference of candidates in the Common Entrance Examination for admission through Lateral Entry Scheme (i.e. JELET) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board or 50% marks in overall semester for direct admission.
For Admission to First Year MCA
Candidates should be graduate in any discipline from a statutory university with Mathematics and secure minimum 50% marks and have the valid rank card of JECA.
For Admission to First Year MBA
Candidates should pass (10+2+3) level with MAT / JEMAT score +GD & PI conducted by the Institute
For Admission to First Year BBA
Candidates should pass 10+2 from any stream with minimum of 40% marks.
For Admission to First Year BCA
Candidates should :
- Pass 10+2 with English and Mathematics with 40% Marks .
- Must qualify / pass in English and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
For Admission to First Year LAW
Candidates should :
- Pass 10+2 with minimum 50% marks.
- Minimum Age 20 Years.
For Admission to First Year Hotel Management
Candidates should pass 10+2 from any stream .
For Admission to First Year Diploma(Polytechnic)
Through Counselling Quota:
Students are sent by West Bengal State Council of Technical education according to counseling on the basis of entrance examinations forpolytechnic (JEXPO)
Eligibility: Candidates who have Passed / Appeared 10th standard with English, Physical Science & Mathematics with at least 35% marks (without additional subject) in aggregate without rounding up.
Through Direct Admission:
Candidates who have Passed / Appeared 10th standard with English, Physical Science & Mathematics with at least 35% marks (without additional subject) in aggregate without rounding up and required valid JEXPO Rank (subject to approval of WBSCTE).
Candidates who have Passed / Appeared 10th standard with English, Physical Science & Mathematics with at least 35% marks (without additional subject) in aggregate without rounding up and 45% marks (without rounding up) in Physical Science & Mathematics taken together (subject to approval of WBSCTE).
Age: An applicant should not be born after 01.07.2000 for this year.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel (03463)271353/4, Tele Fax:- (03463)271371