SBI PO stands for State Bank of India Probationary Officer. SBI conducts the exam for recruiting Probationary Officers every year in the month of May/June. SBI PO 2020 Online Application Form will be released on 2nd April 2020. Every year, over 30 lakh aspirants apply for the job and hence, the SBI Bank Exams have become highly competitive. Furthermore details about exam registration, preparation tips are discussed below.
The SBI PO 2019 Exam was conducted in the month of June. The next SBI PO Exam will be conducted in the month of June or July, 2020.
- What is the SBI PO Exam?
- SBI PO Exam Dates
- SBI PO Eligibility
- SBI PO Application Form
- SBI PO Admit Card
- SBI PO Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- SBI PO Job Vacancies
- SBI PO Result
- SBI PO vs IBPS PO
- Related Exams
About SBI PO
SBI PO Exam is intended to select candidates for the post of the probationary officer in the bank. SBI or State Bank of India is the conducting body for the Exam. SBI decides the modalities of question paper pattern and implants the eligibility criteria needed to be fulfilled by the candidates.
|Exam Name||State Bank of India Probationary Officer|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|No of stages of Recruitment||3 - Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marking scheme||+1.5 Marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-0.25 Marks for each wrong answer|
|Paper medium||English & Hindi|
|Duration||Prelims: 1 Hour|
|Mains: Objective - 3 hours|
|Descriptive - 30 minutes|
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern: The First Phase of the recruitment process consists of MCQ type questions on English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- SBI PO Mains Exam: Second Phase of the recruitment process consists of MCQ type questions on Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language and Descriptive type questions on Letter and Essay writing.
- Interview: It is the Final Phase of the SBI bank 2020 Exam recruitment process, where the candidates who have cleared the previous two rounds will be called in for a group discussion and interview by SBI interviewer. Those who clear the interview will be selected for appointment to work as a Probationary Officer at SBI branches. There is a Probationary period of two years.
- Expected Vacancies: The vacancy number as per SBI PO 2020 Notification is 2000. Reservations are provided for SC/ST/OBC and PwD category students. There are other Sarkari Exams with a lot of vacancies that can be a golden opportunity for you.
SBI PO 2020 Important Dates
The Official Notification about SBI PO 2020 will be released in the first week of April 2020. All the SBI PO Exam Dates have been mentioned in the notification. Conducting authority, State Bank of India declared complete schedule on the official website of SBI. On the application window, aspiring candidates can fill the application form from April 2, 2020 to May 22, 2020.
- Admit Card for Prelims is released on May 17, 2020, and for Mains, it is released on July 5, 2020.
- SBI PO Prelims Exam for 2020 will be held on the following dates of June 2020: 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th. And the Mains exam will be held on July 20, 2020. Nevertheless, these dates are tentative, so candidates must wait for the official notification.
|Availability of SBI PO Application Form||April 2, 2020|
|Application Form window closes on||May 22, 2020|
|Release of SBI PO Admit Card for Prelims||May 17, 2020|
|Exam Date of Prelims||June 8,9,15 and 16, 2020|
|Result of Prelims||June 29, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card of Mains||2nd Week July 2020|
|SBI PO Exam Date of Mains||July 20, 2020|
|Result of Mains||August 3rd Week 2020|
|Call Letter for Interview will be available from||August 4th Week 2020|
|Group Exercises and Interview Date||September 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||October 2nd Week 2020|
What is the Eligibility Criteria of SBI PO?
SBI sets the eligibility criteria for SBI PO. Only eligible candidates can apply for the exam. If the candidates fail to fullfill the criteria then their application form will be rejected.
- Education: To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have a valid Bachelor's degree from any University recognized under Government of India.
- Age: Candidates must be a minimum of 21 years of age. The maximum age limit to appear for the exam is 30 years.
- Nationality: Candidates who are Citizens of India, Nepal, Bhutan or A Tibetan Refugee who arrived in India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently are eligible to apply for SBI PO. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who have migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Burma or East African countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India can also apply for the SBI PO 2020 Exam.
- Other: Aspirants with a record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues are not eligible. Candidates against whom there is/ are an adverse report regarding character are also not eligible.
- Check the below table for category wise variations in SBI PO Eligibility Criteria.
|Category||Age (as on 1st April 2020)||No. of Attempts|
|General||21 to 30||4|
|SC/ST||21 to 35||No restriction|
|OBC||21 to 33||7|
|The person with Disability (PwD)||10 years relaxation in the upper limit (based on category)||7|
SBI PO Online Application Form
Online Application Form for SBI PO 2020 will be released on the official website and candidates must register on the website to fill the application form. Eligible candidates can do the registration by filling the form available until May 22, 2020. SBI PO Application Fee is INR 750/- (for general category) and INR 125/- (for reserved category students). It has to be paid by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking after filling up the application form.
SBI PO 2020 Application Form Contents
The following are the fields that are mentioned in the SBI PO Application Form:
- Name of The Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Valid Email Address
- Valid Mobile Number
- Blood Group
- Marital Status
- Fee Remission Claimed
- Educational Qualification
- Selected Test Centres
- Details of Fee Payment
- Photograph and Signature of the candidate
SBI PO Registration Process
Step 1 Application Filling:
- Open the official website of SBI.
- Click on "Careers with Us".
- By selecting SBI PO 2020 Application Form, fill all the required details like Name, Contact details, Educational Qualification and Valid Email ID.
Step 2: Upload Photo and Signature:
- Upload scanned copy of the photo (150 X 200 pixels) and Signature (150 X 50 pixels) in the respected place.
- Maximum size of Photo and Signature should be 50 KB and 20 KB respectively.
- The Photo and Signature should be in JPEG/JPG format.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee:
- Candidates have to pay an amount of INR 750 as the registration fee (INR 125 for reserved category).
- Candidates can pay the SBI PO 2020 Registration Fee by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- After successful payment, candidates will receive one transaction confirmation mail including registration id.
- Take a printout of the SBI PO 2020 Application form for future reference.
Admit Card of SBI PO 2020
The Call Letter of SBI PO 2020 is released separately for different phases (prelims, mains, and interview). Candidates can download those admit cards from the official website of SBI. By entering the registration number and the date of birth as filled in the application form, candidates can download the SBI PO 2020 Admit Card for Prelims from 3rd week of May 2020. And for Mains the admit card will release on 2nd week of July 2020.
- The hall ticket contains details regarding a candidate's name, registration number, exam location, SBI PO 2020 Exam Date and general instructions for candidates.
- Test-takers, who clear the SBI PO 2020 Prelims will be eligible to sit for the Mains Exam after downloading the SBI PO Admit Card.
How to download SBI PO Admit Card?
- Open the official website of SBI.
- Find and click on "SBI PO 2020 Admit Card" link.
- Enter the credentials (registration number and date of birth).
- Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take a printout for the same.
SBI PO Exam Centres
Aspirants have to choose the exam centres in which they want to appear for writing the exam while filling up the application form. Candidates have to select at least 3 test centres for the exam from SBI PO 2020 Exam Centres. The conducting authority, SBI will decide the final test venue.
- The list of exam centres are given below:
|Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Bangalore||Bangalore, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Mysore|
|Bhopal||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|Bhubaneshwar||Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Berhampur|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh, Ambala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Palampur, Shimla, Srinagar|
|Chennai||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Pondicherry, Tiruchirapally|
|Guwahati||Aizwal, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Imphal, Kohima, Silchar, Shillong, Agartala|
|Hyderabad||Hyderabad, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakapatnam|
|Kolkata||Asansol, Burdwan, Gangtok, Kolkata, Port Blair, Siliguri|
|Lucknow||Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|New Delhi||Agra, Ajmer, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Meerut, Haldwani, New Delhi, Udaipur|
|Mumbai||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Pune|
|Patna||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Ranchi|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Kochi, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram|
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern will consist of objective type questions for 100 marks and exam duration is set for 1 hour.
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer Based)|
|Type of Question||Objective type (MCQ's)|
|Subjects||English: 30 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude: 35 marks|
|Reasoning Ability: 30 Marks|
SBI PO Mains Pattern will consist of Objective and Descriptive sections, where the objective section will consist of a total of 200 marks, divided into the following sections - Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/Economy/Banking Awareness. The descriptive section will consist of 50 marks, assessing a candidate's essay writing and letter writing skills.
SBI PO Question Pattern for prelims and mains vary from each other.
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Type of Question||Objective and Descriptive|
|Total Marks||Objective: 150|
|Subjects||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: 60 Marks|
|Data Analysis: 60 Marks|
|General Awareness: 40 Marks|
|English: 40 Marks|
SBI PO Interview will consist of Group Discussion (30 marks) and Personal Interview (30 marks).
SBI PO 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus is different for every exam. There are 3 subjects for Prelims exam and 4 subjects for the Mains exam. In addition to the SBI PO Syllabus, you can also refer to the sample papers. Exam wise syllabi are as follows:
Syllabus for SBI PO Prelims Exam:
- English: Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Simplification, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Ministration, Permutation and Combination.
- Reasoning Ability: Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Directions and Distances, Coding and De-coding, Blood Relations, Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Syllogism, Circular Seating Arrangement, Grouping and Selection.
SBI PO 2020 Mains Syllabus:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous topics, Computer Aptitude.
- Data Analysis: Bar graph, Line graph, Pie chart (single or double), Tabular graph, Radar chart, Mixed graphs, Caselet/ Paragraph DI, Missing graphs.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs.
- English: Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Para jumbles, Odd one out/ Theme based questions, Statement and Paragraph completion, Sentence Connectors.
SBI PO Books
There are no prescribed books for SBI PO 2020 Exam. But as per the syllabus in general, one can use some well-known books for subjects like English, General Awareness, Aptitude and Reasoning.
Based on each subject one can use books accordingly.
All aspirants should use books published by reputed publications to score well in SBI PO Exam which opens the gate to get the desired job.
SBI PO Vacancy
SBI declared the total vacancies for Probationary Officer post. The total SBI PO Jobs or vacancies available for candidates is 2000. Category-wise SBI PO 2020 Vacancies are given below:
|Other Backward Classes||540|
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||200|
SBI PO Result
The SBI PO Results 2020 will be available on the official website of SBI for every phase. The result of SBI PO will be declared on the official website in the first week of July 2020, the mains exam result will be declared in the 3rd week of August and the SBI PO Final Result will be declared by the 2nd week of October 2020. Candidates who clear the Mains Exam will be called for Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
Steps to check SBI PO Final Results:
The step-by-step procedure is provided below to download the SBI PO 2020 Results:
- Open the official website of SBI.
- Find and click on the "Result" link in the "Careers" section.
- Ender the credentials (registration number and date of birth).
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout for future reference.
The cutoff of SBI PO 2020 will be declared by the conducting authority, based on various parameter like vacancies, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam etc. Exam authority will release SBI PO Mains Cutoff separately. The cutoff mark will vary based on the category of students.
SBI PO Recruitment 2020
Candidates who will qualify all the stages will get an offer letter for Probationary Officer post. The stage-wise SBI PO Selection Process is given below:
- Stage 1: The first stage of the process is the Preliminary Exam. It is an online aptitude test. Candidates have to score the minimum cutoff marks to qualify for the next phase.
- Stage 2: The second stage is the Mains Exam. It is an offline exam consisting of objective and descriptive type questions. To qualify for the final stage, candidates have to secure minimum cutoff marks set by the SBI.
- Stage 3: The third stage is the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. Candidates will be evaluated by the marks secured in GD (out of 20) and PI (out of 30). Qualified Candidates in GD and PI round will be selected for the Probationary Officer post at SBI. The final result will be declared on the 2nd week of October on the official website of SBI. Those candidates who will secure their name in the final result will be provided with an offer letter.
SBI PO Salary
SBI offers an attractive figure for the post of PO. The in hand salary of a PO at SBI is the factor that drives people towards this exam. The gross salary, initial salary and details about the emoluments are mentioned below
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||39.8% of basic pay|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||7% to 10% of basic pay|
|City Compensatory Allowance (depends on the place of posting)||NA, 4%, 3% of basic pay|
|Total Monthly (Vary as per HRA)||45000|
SBI PO Vs IBPS PO
The differences between SBI PO and IBPS PO is tabulated in the table below. However, currently, the SBI PO Exam is conducted by IBPS. This exam is separately conducted and will not come in the list of the other bank exams.
|Topic||SBI PO||IBPS PO|
|Full form||State Bank of India Probationary Officers||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officers|
|Participant||SBI PO conducted for SBI bank only||IBPS PO conducted for all 20 scheduled Government Bank except SBI|
|Total Vacancy for 2020||2000||4252|
|Salary||Salary for SBI PO is INR 45000 per month (May vary with HRA)||Salary of IBPS PO is INR 37360 - INR 38700|
Q. How many vacancies are announced for SBI PO 2020?
- Ans. SBI announced a total 2000 vacancies for 2020.
Q. Are there any negative marks for the wrong answer?
- Ans. Yes, there will be negative marking for all sections. 0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Q. Is there any difference in exam structure compared to last year SBI PO Exam?
- Ans. Yes, there is a separate marking scheme for a different section. And there will be a different cutoff for different section.
Q. I am 1 Month less than 21 years old, am I eligible to apply SBI PO 2020?
- Ans. No, you are not eligible to apply for SBI PO, as the minimum age required to apply for the exam is 21 years (as on 1st April 2020).
Q. What is the Selection Process for SBI PO 2020?
- Ans. The selection process for SBI PO 2020 is divided into three phases:
- Phase I: Prelims Examination
- Phase II: Mains Examination
- Phase III: Interview & Group Discussion
Q. Is there any age relaxation for reserved category in SBI PO 2020?
- Ans. Yes. There is age relaxation for OBC, ST, SC and PwD candidates.
- For OBC - 3 years
- For ST/SC - 5 years
- For PwD with OBC - 13 years
- For PwD with ST/SC - 15 years
- For PwD (General) - 10 years
Q. Does the SBI PO question paper contains the descriptive type of question?
- Ans. Yes, there will be two descriptive type question in the Mains Exam. One is Letter writing and another one is Essay writing. Both the question will carry 25 marks each.
Q. Now I'm in the final year of my graduation, Am I eligible for the exam this year?
- Ans. Yes. you can apply for the exam. But remember that, at the time of the interview you have to produce the graduation certificate.
Q. What is the online application fee for SBI PO 2020 Exam?
- Ans. The application fee is different for different categories which are as follows:
- For General/OBC - INR 750
- For SC/ST/PwD - INR 125
Q. What is the educational criterion to apply for the exam?
- Ans. Candidate should complete a degree (any UG/PG) from any recognized university.
Q. Will SBI release an answer key or review about the paper?
- Ans: After the exam is over we will update the SBI PO Exam Paper analysis in this page.
Q. Do I require coaching for SBI PO exam?
- Ans: There is absolutely no need for coaching, but one has to relentlessly work hard if he or she is studying by self. There are a lot of SBI PO Training centres for the exam.