SBI PO stands for State Bank of India Probationary Officer. SBI conducts this exam for recruiting Probationary Officers once every year. Every year, lakhs of aspirants apply for the job and hence, the SBI Bank Exams have become highly competitive. The details about exam registration, preparation tips, etc. are discussed below.
- March 16, 2021: The results for the interview of SBI PO 2021 has been released. For more information visit the SBI PO 2021 Results page.
- February 22, 2021: The interview call letter for SBI PO 2021 has been released on February 20, 2021. The last date to download the interview call letter for SBI PO 2021 is March 7, 2021. For more information, Visit SBI PO Admit Card page.
- February 17, 2021: The results for SBI PO 2021 has been announced today. For more information visit the SBI PO 2021 Results page.
- What is SBI PO Exam?
- SBI PO 2021 Exam Date
- SBI PO 2021 Recruitment
- SBI PO 2021 Vacancy
- SBI PO 2021 Eligibility
- SBI PO 2021 Application Form
- SBI PO 2021 Admit Card
- SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
- SBI PO 2021 Syllabus
- SBI PO 2021 Books
- SBI PO 2021 Result
- SBI PO vs IBPS PO
What is SBI PO?
SBI PO Exam is intended to select candidates for the post of Probationary Officers. The State Bank of India (SBI) is the conducting body for the exam. The Recruitment process has 3 stages namely Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personal Interview. It is a National Level Exam which will be held once in a year. The application process and mode of exam will be online. Up to 10 lakh candidates write the SBI PO examination in various exam centres all over India. SBI decides the modalities of question paper pattern and implants the eligibility criteria needed to be fulfilled by the candidates. The job location will be in various states across India. Candidates must secure above cutoff marks to be eligible for the post of SBI PO.
|Exam Name||SBI PO|
|Full-Form||State Bank of India Probationary Officer|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|No of stages in Recruitment||3 Stages: Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marking scheme||+1.5 Marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-0.25 Marks for each wrong answer|
|Paper medium||English & Hindi|
|Similar Exams||IBPS PO / SBI SO / IBPS SO|
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern: The First Phase of the recruitment process consists of Objective Type Questions (Multiple Choice) on English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- SBI PO Mains Exam: Second Phase of the recruitment process consists of Multiple Choice-based Objective type questions on Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language and Descriptive type questions on Letter and Essay writing.
- Interview: It is the Final Phase of the SBI bank 2021 Exam recruitment process, where the candidates who have cleared the previous two rounds will be called in for a group discussion and interview by SBI interviewer. Those who clear the interview will be selected for the post of Probationary Officer at any SBI branch in India. The Probationary period is for two years.
- Expected Vacancies: The vacancy number for SBI PO 2021 will be around 2200. Reservations are provided for SC/ST/OBC and PwD category students. There are other Sarkari Exams with a lot of vacancies that can be a golden opportunity for you.
- Salary Structure: The basic pay of SBI PO is high compared to the other public sector banks. Apart from that, the entry-level basic pay is high in SBI of INR 27620.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Date
The official notification of the SBI PO 2021 exam will be released soon at the official website. All the SBI PO 2021 Exam Dates and other important events will be published in the official notification of SBI Careers page. State Bank of India, the conducting authority is expected to release the official notification in the month of September. The candidates can start filling the application form once the application window is open.
Note: These dates are for the SBI PO 2020 examinations. SBI PO 2021 Examination dates will be released once the SBI PO 2020 exam cycle is completed.
|SBI PO EVENTS||Dates|
|Official Notification||November 13, 2020|
|Availability of Application Form starts from||November 14, 2020|
|Application Form window last date||December 4, 2020|
|Pre-Exam Training or Doubt Clearing Session||December 28, 2020, to December 30, 2020|
|Prelims Admit Card||December 22, 2020|
|SBI PO Prelims Exam||December 31, 2020; January 2, January 4, January 5, 2021|
|Prelims Result||January 18, 2021|
|Mains Admit Card||January 19, 2021|
|SBI PO Mains Exam||January 29, 2021|
|Mains Result||February 17, 2021|
|Call Letter for Interview will be available||February 20, 2021, to March 7, 2021|
|Group Exercises and Interview Date||March 08, 2021|
|Declaration of Final Result||March 16, 2021|
SBI PO 2021 Recruitment
Candidates who will qualify all the stages will get an offer letter for Probationary Officer Post. The stage-wise SBI PO Selection Process is given below:
- Stage 1: The first stage of the process is the Preliminary Exam. It is an online aptitude test. Candidates have to score the minimum cutoff marks to qualify for the next phase.
- Stage 2: The second stage is the Mains Exam. It is an offline exam consisting of objective and descriptive type questions. To qualify for the next and final stage, candidates have to secure minimum cut-off marks set forth by the SBI.
- Stage 3: The third stage is the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. Candidates will be evaluated by the marks secured in GD (out of 20) and PI (out of 30). Qualified Candidates in GD and PI round will be selected for the Probationary Officer Post at SBI. The final result will be declared on the 2nd week of October on the official website of SBI. Those candidates who will secure their position in the final result will be provided with an offer letter.
SBI PO 2021 Vacancy
SBI hasn't the official notification containing the total number of vacancies for Probationary Officer Post 2021. The expected total SBI PO jobs or vacancies are 2200.
Category-wise SBI PO 2021 vacancies are given below:
|Other Backward Classes||640|
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||200|
SBI PO 2021 Eligibility
The State Bank of India (SBI) sets the eligibility criteria for the SBI PO 2021 exam. Candidates who are eligible in terms of educational qualification, age criteria, nationality, loan/credit records should only apply for the exam. If a candidate fails to fulfil the criteria mentioned below, then their SBI PO 2021 application forms will be rejected.
To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have a valid Bachelor's Degree from any University recognized under the Government of India. Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply if they produce proof of their graduation certificate on the date of the personal interview.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age. The maximum age limit to appear for the exam is 30 years.
Candidates who are citizens of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 01, 1962 with the intention of settling permanently are eligible to apply for the SBI PO 2021 exam.
Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who have migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Burma or East African countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Kenya, Ethiopia & Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India can also apply for the SBI PO 2021 Exam.
Aspirants with a record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues are not eligible. Candidates against whom there is/ are an adverse report regarding character are also not eligible. Check the below table for category wise variations in SBI PO Eligibility Criteria.
|Category||Age (as on 1st April 2021)||No. of Attempts|
|General||21 to 30||4|
|SC/ST||21 to 35||No Restriction|
|OBC||21 to 33||7|
|The Person with Disability (PwD)||10 years relaxation in the upper limit (based on category)||7|
SBI PO 2021 Application Form
Online application form for SBI PO 2021 exam is released on the official website and candidates must register before the deadline. Before applying for the SBI PO 2021 exam, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the SBI. The candidates who don't satisfy the eligibility criteria will lose their candidature.
SBI PO 2021 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking after filling the application form. The application form fee for the general and reserved category is mention below.
|Reserved (SC/ST/PWD)||INR 125 (Intimation charge only)|
SBI PO 2021 Application Form Contents
The following are the mandatory field that needs to be filled by the candidate in the SBI PO 2021 Application Form
- Name of The Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Valid Email Address
- Valid Mobile Number
- Blood Group
- Marital Status
- Fee Remission Claimed
- Educational Qualification
- Selected Test Centres
- Details of Fee Payment
- Photograph and Signature of the candidate
SBI PO 2021 Application Process
The SBI PO 2021 application form involves 3 major steps. Candidates must carefully fill the details at the time of filling the form. The step by step process to fill the SBI PO 2021 is mentioned below.
Step 1: Application Filling
- Candidates need to visit the official website of State Bank of India (SBI).
- On the homepage of the website, click on "Careers with Us".
- By selecting SBI PO 2021 Application Form, fill all the required details such as candidate's name, contact details, educational qualification, and valid email ID.
Step 2: Upload Photo and Signature
- Upload a scanned copy of your photo (150 X 200 pixels) and Signature (150 X 50 pixels) in the respected field.
- The maximum size of Photo and Signature should be 50 KB and 20 KB respectively.
- The Photo and Signature should be in JPEG/JPG format.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
- Candidates can pay the SBI PO 2021 Application Fee by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- After successful payment, candidates will receive a transaction confirmation mail including SBI PO 2021 registration ID.
- Download and take a printout of the SBI PO 2021 application form for future reference.
SBI PO 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of the SBI PO 2021 exam will be released separately for different phases (Prelims, Mains, and Interviews). Candidates can download these admit cards from the official website of the State Bank of India (SBI) by entering the registration number and the date of birth as filled in the application form.
How to download the SBI PO Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the step by step process given below to download the SBI PO 2021 admit card:
- Candidates need to first visit the official website of State Bank of India.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the careers section. In this section, the SBI PO 2021 "Call Letter" link will be displayed when released. Click on the link.
- Candidates need to enter their credentials to log in. They need to provide their registration number and password or date of birth.
- The SBI PO 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can check all the details mentioned about the exam centre and other information related to the exam guidelines.
- Download the admit card and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Details on the SBI PO 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can find the below-mentioned details on the admit card of SBI PO 2021 exam.
- Candidate's full name
- Space for signature and thumb impression
- Correspondence Address
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Venue of examination
- Date and time of examination
- Venue code
- Examination guidelines
Note: Candidates must ensure that they take the SBI PO 2021 admit card along with a photo identity ID proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport etc to the exam centre.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Centres
Aspirants have to choose the exam centres in which they prefer to appear for writing the SBI PO 2021 exam at the time of filling up the application form. Candidates have to select at least 3 preferred test centres for the exam from the list of SBI PO 2021 exam centres. The conducting authority, SBI will decide the final test venue.
- The list of exam centres are given below:
|Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Karnataka||Bangalore, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Mysore|
|Bhopal||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|Bhubaneshwar||Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Berhampur|
|Punjab||Chandigarh, Ambala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Palampur, Shimla, Srinagar|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Pondicherry, Tiruchirapally|
|Assam||Aizwal, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Imphal, Kohima, Silchar, Shillong, Agartala|
|Andhra/Telangana||Hyderabad, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakapatnam|
|Kolkata||Asansol, Burdwan, Gangtok, Kolkata, Port Blair, Siliguri|
|Lucknow||Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|New Delhi||Agra, Ajmer, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Meerut, Haldwani, New Delhi, Udaipur|
|Mumbai||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Pune|
|Patna||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Ranchi|
|Kerala||Kochi, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram|
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern will consist of objective type questions for 100 marks and exam duration is 1 hour.
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer Based)|
|Type of Question||Objective Type (MCQ's)|
|Subjects||English: 30 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude: 35 marks|
|Reasoning Ability: 30 Marks|
SBI PO Mains Pattern will consist of Objective and Descriptive sections, where the objective section will consist of a total of 200 marks, divided into the following sections - Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/Economy/Banking Awareness. The descriptive section will consist of 50 marks, assessing a candidate's essay writing and letter writing skills.
SBI PO Question Pattern for prelims and mains vary from each other.
|SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Type of Question||Objective and Descriptive|
|Total Marks||Objective: 200|
|Subjects||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: 60 Marks|
|Data Analysis: 60 Marks|
|General Awareness: 40 Marks|
|English: 40 Marks|
SBI PO Interview will consist of Group Discussion (30 marks) and Personal Interview (30 marks).
SBI PO 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is different for every exam. There are 3 subjects for the Prelims exam and 4 subjects for the Mains exam. In addition to the SBI PO 2021 Syllabus, you can also refer to the sample papers. Exam wise syllabi are as follows:
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
- English: Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number Series, Simplification, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Ministration, Permutation, and Combination.
- Reasoning Ability: Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Directions, and Distances, Coding and De-coding, Blood Relations, Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Syllogism, Circular Seating Arrangement, Grouping, and Selection.
SBI PO 2021 Mains Syllabus:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous topics, Computer Aptitude.
- Data Analysis: Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie Chart (single or double), Tabular Graph, Radar Chart, Mixed Graphs, Caselet/ Paragraph DI, Missing Graphs.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs.
- English: Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Para Jumbles, Odd One Out/ Theme Based Questions, Statement, and Paragraph Completion, Sentence Connectors.
SBI PO Books
There are no prescribed books for SBI PO 2021 Exam. But as per the syllabus in general, one can use some well-known books for subjects like English, General Awareness, Aptitude and Reasoning.
- Based on each subject, one can use books accordingly.
- All aspirants should use books published by reputed publications to score well in SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO 2021 Result
SBI PO results in 2021 is available on the official website of SBI after each phase. The result of the SBI PO preliminary will be declared on the official website after the Prelims exams are over. SBI will declare the Mains results after the exam is over and will summon only those candidates for the interview who will clear the Mains exam. Candidates who clear the Mains Exam will be called for a Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
Steps to Check SBI PO Final Results:
The step-by-step procedure is provided below to download the SBI PO 2021 Result:
- Open the official website of SBI.
- Find and click on the "Result" link in the "Careers" section.
- Enter the credentials (registration number and date of birth).
- The screen will display the results.
- Download the result and take a printout of the same for future reference.
The cut off for SBI PO 2021 will be declared by the conducting authority, based on various parameters like vacancies, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, etc. The exam authority will release SBI PO Mains Cutoff separately. The cut off mark will vary based on the category of students.
SBI PO Salary
SBI offers an attractive figure for the post of PO. The in-hand salary of a PO at SBI is the factor that drives most people towards this exam. The gross salary, initial salary and details about the emoluments are mentioned below:
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||39.8% of basic pay|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||7% to 10% of basic pay|
|City Compensatory Allowance (depends on the place of posting)||NA, 4%, 3% of basic pay|
|Total Monthly (Vary as per HRA)||45000|
SBI PO Vs IBPS PO
The differences between SBI PO and IBPS PO are tabulated in the table below. However, currently, the SBI PO Exam is conducted by IBPS. This exam is separately conducted and will not come in the list of the other bank exams.
|Topic||SBI PO||IBPS PO|
|Full form||State Bank of India Probationary Officers||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officers|
|Participant||SBI PO conducted for SBI bank only||IBPS PO conducted for all 20 scheduled Government Bank except SBI|
|Total Vacancy for 2021 (Estimated)||2200||4252|
|Salary||Salary for SBI PO is INR 45000 per month (May vary with HRA)||Salary of IBPS PO is INR 37360 - INR 38700|
How many vacancies are announced for SBI PO 2021?
SBI announced a total 2000 vacancies for 2020. For the year 2021, the numbers are expected to go high.
Are there any negative marks for the wrong answer?
Yes, there will be negative markings for all sections. 0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Is there any difference in exam structure compared to last year\'s SBI PO Exam?
Yes, there is a separate marking scheme for a different section. And there will be a different cutoff for different sections.
I am 1 Month less than 21 years old, am I eligible to apply SBI PO 2021?
No, you are not eligible to apply for SBI PO, as the minimum age required to apply for the exam is 21 years (as on 1st April 2021).
What is the Selection Process for SBI PO 2020?
The selection process for SBI PO 2020 is divided into three phases: Phase I: Prelims Examination Phase II: Mains Examination Phase III: Interview & Group Discussion
Is there any age relaxation for the reserved category in SBI PO 2021?
Yes, there is age relaxation for OBC, ST, SC and PwD candidates. For OBC - 3 years For ST/SC - 5 years For PwD with OBC - 13 years For PwD with ST/SC - 15 years For PwD (General) - 10 years
Does the SBI PO question paper contain the descriptive type of question?
Yes, there will be two descriptive type questions in the Mains Exam. One is Letter writing and another one is Essay writing. Both the question will carry 25 marks each.
Now I\'m in the final year of my graduation, Am I eligible for the exam this year?
Yes. you can apply for the exam. But remember that, at the time of the interview you have to produce the graduation certificate.
What is the online application fee for SBI PO 2021 Exam?
The application fee is different for different categories which are as follows: For General/OBC - INR 750 For SC/ST/PwD - INR 100
What is the educational criterion to apply for the SBI PO exam?
Candidate should complete a degree (any UG/PG) from any recognized university.
Will SBI release an answer key or review about the paper?
After the exam is over we will update the SBI PO Exam Paper analysis in this page.
Do I require coaching for SBI PO exam?
There is absolutely no need for coaching, but one has to relentlessly work hard if he or she is studying by self. There are a lot of SBI PO Training centers for the exam.