SBI PO Eligibility Overview
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria of SBI PO 2019 is the first and foremost aspect a student has to consider before applying for the test. It is elaborately discussed below. Exam Eligible students can view the SBI PO Exam Pattern before preparing for the exam.
SBI PO Eligibility Classified
The eligibility criteria for SBI PO Exam is set by the State Bank of India. It can be categorized based on the following. All aspirants must fulfil all the mentioned criteria to attempt this exam.
SBI PO Academic Qualification
A candidate must have a graduation degree in any of the streams such as BA, B.Com, BSc, B.Tech, etc., from a University recognized by the Government of India. Candidates who are in their final semester or final year are also eligible and may apply for the exam. However, they have to produce their Final Marksheet as proof of pass on or before 31.08.2019.
Aspirants doing Integrated Dual Degree (IDD Certificate) can also apply for SBI PO 2019 Exam. Provided they have completed the course well before 31.08.2019. The date mentioned on the certificate must not be a date after 31.08.2019.
Academic Criterion Additional Information:
The last date for passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/college. If the result of a particular examination is posted on the official website of the University, then a certificate issued by the concerned authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
SBI PO Age Limit & Nationality Criterion
Age Limit: The candidates must be between 21 to 30 years of age as on 01.04.2019. However, relaxation in age is provided for reserved category candidates.
Nationality: The following categories will be deemed eligible:
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who arrived in India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who have migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- Candidates belonging to the countries other than India must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in favour of their Nationality.
SBI PO 2019 Age Eligibility For Reserved Category
There is a special reservation for students who belong to reserved category (SC/ST). That criteria are elaborately described below.
Relaxation in Age
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)||
|Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer)||
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||
PwD (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe): 15 Years
(Other Backward Class): 13 Years
(General): 10 Years
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers who are inclusive of ECOs, SSCOs; who have worked for minimum 5 years in the military and have left on the completion of the project.||
|Candidates who were original habitants of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||
SBI PO Facility for PWD candidates
For PWD - Person with Disabilities candidates, SBI Provides certain comfort facilities which include using a scribe. Other facilities for those candidates will be discussed below.
- They can use a registered scribe for writing. But the facility of scribe will be provided only for those candidates with more than 40% disability.
- This assistance will be available only for those candidates with a limitation in writing including a limitation of speed.
- Provision of additional time is available for them.
Conditions for a scribe:
- All those candidates in need of a scribe must disclose it well before to the exam authorities.
- The undertaking form in requirement of the scribe must be presented at the exam time.
- All PWD candidates must arrange their own scribe at their own cost.
- Additional time of 20 minutes for an hour will be provided to all those PWD aspirants using a scribe.
SBI PO Number of Attempts
Based on the category of students the number of attempts a particular candidate can take is determined by SBI PO Exam authority. Students who generally perform well in their first attempt are those who have wide knowledge about the SBI PO Syllabus.
|For General category||4 attempts|
|For General (PWD) category||7 attempts|
|OBC category||7 attempts|
|OBC (PWD)||7 attempts|
|SC/ST (PWD)||No restriction|