IBPS PO Exam is conducted to select probationary officers for leading public sector banks in India such as Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, Canara Bank, etc. Interested candidates can apply online on the IBPS official website. The best way to kick-start preparation is to solve previous year IBPS PO Question Papers and attempt mock tests.
An extensive list of the banks under IBPS and more details on preparation and registration is provided below.
- March 22, 2021: IBPS has released the scorecard for candidates who were shortlisted for the interview round of IBPS PO 2020 under CRP-X. For more information, visit IBPS RRB PO Result
- February 22, 2021: The results for IBPS PO Mains 2020 has been declared today. For more information, Visit IBPS PO Result page.
- December 10, 2020: The call letters for the IBPS PO Mains 2020 Exam are released. Candidates who are eligible for the mains exam can download the same until January 6, 2021. Visit the IBPS PO Admit Card page for more information.
- November 4, 2020: The mains exam date for IBPS PO 2020 is postponed to February 4, 2021.
- What is IBPS PO?
- IBPS PO 2021 Exam Date
- IBPS PO 2021 Notification
- Participating Banks
- IBPS PO 2021 Vacancy
- IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility
- IBPS PO 2021 Application Form
- IBPS PO 2021 Admit Card
- IBPS PO 2021 Exam Centres
- IBPS PO Pre-Exam Training
- IBPS PO 2021 Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus
- IBPS PO 2021 Reference Books
- IBPS PO 2021 Coaching Centres
- IBPS PO 2021 Preparation Tips
- IBPS PO 2021 Result
- IBPS PO 2021 Cut off
- Salary & Emoluments
- IBPS PO Contact Details
What is IBPS PO?
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Exam for Probationary Officer is a self-governing recruitment body. It conducts a common written exam (CWE) every year all over the country to recruit the candidates as Probationary Officer in multiple public sector banks.
IBPS PO 2021 Exam Highlights
The table below shows important points of IBPS PO 2021 Exam.
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for Probationary Officers|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Recruitment as||Probationary Officer|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based (Online)|
|Help Desk Number||1800-222-366 or 1800-103-4566|
- Stages: IBPS PO Exam 2021 is conducted in three stages.
- Known as: IBPS PO CRP IX because IBPS is conducting a PO exam for the ninth year.
- Mode of shortlisting: Based on the combined score which is generated by the marks obtained in the prelims, mains examination, and completion of all stages of the interview, candidates are shortlisted for vacant positions in the bank.
- Purpose: IBPS PO Exam is conducted to hire skilled graduates for the post of Probationary Officer.
- Banks that use CWE: All public sector banks use the Common Written Exam (CWE).
- Qualification: Candidates who qualify prelims examination will be shortlisted to appear in the mains exam. Candidates have to clear 3 stages (i.e Prelims, Mains and Interview) for getting selected for this post.
IBPS PO 2021 Exam Date
IBPS PO 2021 Online Application Form is available now on the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). Candidates can fill the online application form online only. Admit Card will be available 10-15 days before the exam. All the IBPS PO dates for 2021 are as follows:
|IBPS PO 2021 Application Date||--|
|IBPS Form 2021 Last Date|
|Application Fees Online Payment Last Date|
|Last date to download your application form|
|The download of call letters - Pre-Exam Training for Probationary Officer|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training|
|The download of Call Letters for IBPS PO 2021 Prelims|
|Preliminary Exam Dates|
|Preliminary Exam - Result date|
|Downloading of Call letters for online examination- Mains|
|IBPS PO 2021 Mains Exam Date|
|Declaration of Mains Exam Result|
|Downloading the call letters for the interview process|
Note: The IBPS PO 2021 Result shall be released after the successful conduction of the examination. The IBPS PO 2021 shall be held in three separate days- 3rd, 10th, and 11th October which is Day1, Day 2, and Day 3 of the Preliminary exam. The previous dates for IBPS PO 2021 were 3rd, 4th and 10th October, 2021.
IBPS PO 2021 Notification
IBPS PO 2021 Notification is yet to be released. The IBPS PO 2021 application process will start after the release of the notification.
The IBPS PO 2021 Notification will be available on the official website of IBPS PO and can be downloaded by the candidates in the form of a PDF file. The IBPS PO 2021 Notifications will contain all essential information about the exam dates along with all the other important dates, the vacancies, the application process in detail, the reservation policies for all categories, the ways to calculate the scores of the exams, other rules and regulations, etc.
Participating Banks under IBPS PO 2021
Banks participating in IBPS PO Recruitment 2021 are as under:
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||UCO Bank|
|Bank of India||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||Indian Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||-||-||-|
IBPS PO 2021 Vacancy
The IBPS PO Vacancy change every year. As of 2019 vacancy for IBPS PO was 4336. The IBPS PO 2021 vacancies are not yet announced bank-wise and category wise.
The IBPS PO 2020 Vacancy was announced to be 1,167. The IBPS PO 2020 vacancies have been revised again and now there are 1,417 vacancies.
Compared to previous years, the total number of IBPS PO vacancies announced was more and the number of participating banks was also 17. The number of participating banks for IBPS PO 2021 is 11. Some of the major participating banks such as Bank of Baroda, Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank did not announce the IBPS PO 2021 vacancies. Few other banks such as Canara Bank, Indian Bank, Punjab National Bank and Union Bank of India also have not announced any vacancies yet. It is anticipated that after all the banks have announced their vacancies the number of IBPS PO 2021 vacancies shall increase.
Names of Positions: Probationary Officers/Management Trainee (PO/MT)
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility Criteria is set by the conducting authority. Aspiring candidates must fulfill all the criteria to apply for the exam.
IBPS PO 2021 Nationality
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate can be the subject of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, intending to permanently settle in India.
- Candidates of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam whose intention is to settle in India are eligible to apply for IBPS PO Exam.
IBPS PO 2021 Educational Qualification
- Candidate must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government.
- Candidate should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Candidate should have passed with English as one of the subjects from SSC to Graduation level.
IBPS PO 2021 Age Limit
- IBPS PO age bracket is between 20 years and 30 years which means that a candidate must have been born between August 2, 1989, and August 1, 1999, with both dates inclusive.
- There is age relaxation for reserved categories as well.
IBPS PO 2021 Age Relaxation
The age relaxation criteria for various categories are given in the table below.
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities (as specified under "The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016")||10 Years|
|Commissioned Officers [ECOs, SSCOs], Ex-Servicemen rendering at least 5 years of service and who have been released after finishing their assignment||5 Years|
|People of Jammu & Kashmir who have been domiciled from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 Years|
|People affected by the 1984 riots||5 Years|
IBPS PO 2021 Application Form
IBPS PO 2021 Application Form will be available only in the online mode. Dates are announced on the official website. Before applying for IBPS PO Exam, the candidate has to ensure that he/she satisfies the Eligibility Criteria. The application process for IBPS PO 2021 and all necessary details regarding the same is given below.
- Contents: In the IBPS PO 2021 Exam Application Form candidates have to enter the details like name, date of birth, qualification, contact details, address, etc. Basic information on nationality, category(SC/ST/OBC/PH), Aadhar card no. etc.
- Documents: Before filling up the IBPS PO 2021 Application Form candidates should have his/her scanned copy of photograph and signature. The other documents that candidates will likely need to upload are education qualification proofs and other such certificates.
- IBPS PO 2021 Exam Fees: The exam fees have to be paid online and it is INR100 for SC/ST/PWD candidates and INR 600 for others.
- Credentials: Candidates should enter the valid credentials at the time of registration.
- Print: Candidates should take print of the e-receipt and IBPS PO Exam application form reflecting fee payment details.
Note: An email or SMS intimation will be sent for successful registration. The mail ID and the phone number provided by the candidates must be valid as the login credentials will be sent through email and an SMS. The login credentials are very essential as they will be required at the time of downloading the admit card and checking the results.
IBPS PO 2021 Admit Card
IBPS PO 2021 Mains Admit Card will be available online only. Candidates can download their IBPS PO 2021 Admit Card from the official website. IBPS will not send the admit card by post. Candidates, to appear for IBPS PO Exam 2021, are advised to carry their Admit Card along with an original ID proof. The admit card will also be considered as IBPS PO 2021 Hall Ticket. IBPS PO 2021 Mains Admit Card will be released in November 2021.
Details: Call letter will carry information like
- Candidates name
- Registration number
- IBPS PO 2021 Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- IBPS PO Exam date
- Exam Centre and Centre details
Note: Hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will not be sent by post/ courier.
How to download IBPS PO 2021 Admit Card?
- Step 1: Visit the official website www.ibps.in
- Step 2: Once the admit card is available click on the relevant link.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number and Date of Birth as the password and click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: The IBPS PO 2021 Admit Card will be displayed.
- Step 5: Download the admit card and take a print for the same. Verify the admit card before printing.
IBPS PO 2021 Exam Centres
IBPS PO Recruitment 2021 Exam is conducted in states all over India. Candidates should mention their preferences for a centre in the online application form. Generally, IBPS will allocate the nearest exam centre for the candidate's convenience. But, IBPS may allocate an exam centre other than the ones preferred by the candidate, in case the centre preferred by the candidate is not available. The IBPS announces different test centres for prelims and mains exams. After the exam, if a candidate is selected he or she must proceed for further rounds. The conducting authority will arrange separate venues for IBPS PO 2021 Interview.
Visit IBPS PO 2021 exam centres for the complete list of centres.
IBPS PO 2021 Pre-Exam Training
Nodal Banks/Participating Organizations may arrange for pre-examination training to a limited number of applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities at certain centres given as below.
|Muzaffarpur||Mysore||Nagpur||New Delhi||Panaji (Goa)||Patiala||Patna|
Note: The pre-exam training date for IBPS PO 2021 is from 1st October to 7th October 2021.
IBPS PO 2021 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2021 Recruitment Exam is conducted in three phases: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview Process. Candidates are required to clear all three stages/phases to become a Probationary Officer. As there are three phases, each phase determines whether the candidate will go on to the next round.
- Candidates must score the minimum required marks or cut off in each of the three sections to qualify the prelims which are qualifying in nature. The marks obtained in this round or phase shall not be counted for the final selection process. Only those candidates who clear the IBPS PO Prelims 2021 Exam will be called for the Mains exam.
- The mains exam consists of both MCQ type questions as well as descriptive type questions. The total hours combined with both sections will comprise of three and a half hours. The marks obtained in the mains exam will determine whether the candidates will be selected for the final round or the Interview. The mains exam marks are important as they will be considered for the final selection of the candidate.
- Candidates qualifying the mains examination will be called for the interview process.
- Candidates will be judged upon their personality, intellectual capability, and general knowledge.
- The Interview will consist of 100 marks of which the qualifying marks is 40% for the General candidates and 35% for ST/SC/PWD.
- The cumulative scores of the Mains Exam and the Interview Process in the ratio of (80:20) is considered for the final selection.
- The IBPS PO Interview will be after the Mains Exam in January.
For more information, go to IBPS PO 2021 Exam Pattern.
IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus
IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus includes English Language, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability, Reasoning, and Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, Data Analysis, and Interpretation. Candidates must know about the detailed IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus, to prepare well for this exam
IBPS PO 2021 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
IBPS PO Prelims round comprises of three major sections:
- Reasoning- Logical reasoning, Alphanumeric series, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Tabulations, Coded inequalities, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Input-Output, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude- Simplification, Profit and loss, Number systems, Time and distance, Data interpretations, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple Interest and Compound interest, Mensuration: cylinder, cone, sphere, etc.
- English Language- Para jumbles, Cloze Test, Reading comprehension, Paragraph Completion, Miscellaneous, Multiple meaning, error spotting, etc.
IBPS PO 2021 Mains Exam Syllabus
IBPS PO Question Paper Mains Exam comprises of questions from following sections:
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude- Microsoft Office, Computer hardware, Computer software, Operating System, Networking, Computer Abbreviations, Keyboard Shortcuts, etc.
- English Language- Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Verbal ability and Grammar.
- Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness- Current affairs, General Knowledge and Financial awareness.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation- Simplification, Percentage, Quadratic equation, Problems of ages, Number series, Average, Probability, Data Sufficiency, Permutation and Combination, etc.
IBPS PO 2021 Reference Books
To score well in IBPS PO 2021 exam candidates have to prepare well. For preparation, candidates have to study proper books. Several books cover the IBPS PO Exam syllabus. Candidates can follow books of their choice, abiding by the syllabus. Some of the IBPS PO reference books are listed here.
- IBPS PO Guide & Practice Paper Office Assistant Combo by GKP publication(in Hindi)
- IBPS Bank Po Success Master by Arihant Publication (in English)
- Solved Papers Bank PO by Arihant Publication (in English)
- SBI/IBPS Bank PO by Disha Publication (in English)
- IBPS PO Mock Paper by Adda 247 Publication (in English)
IBPS PO 2021 Preparation Tips
Aspirants who are willing to qualify the IBPS PO 2021 exam must keep in mind the following preparation tips-
- The candidates must first learn the syllabus of IBPS PO 2021 and accordingly, make a study plan.
- Candidates must study subjects and topics for Prelims and Mains simultaneously as there will not be much time to prepare for Mains if a candidate clears the prelims.
- Candidates must study daily and thoroughly. They must also make sure to read the news every day which will help then in subjects of General Knowledge and Current Affairs as well as keeping them updated on the latest events.
- The candidates must take mock tests every day and if not every day they must take them weekly.
- The candidates can improve their time management and accuracy of the answers by practising and solving previous year question papers and taking as many mock tests as possible.
- The candidates must revise all subjects and topics weekly.
- The candidates must also clear all the basics and must seek professional help in case of doubts regarding any subject or topic.
- Most importantly, the candidates must remain calm and avoid last-minute preparation.
The candidates have a good chance of clearing the IBPS PO 2021 if they follow the preparation tips and study systematically.
IBPS PO Coaching Centres
IBPS PO exam is one of the highly competitive exams conducted in India. To get selected for PO jobs offered by IBPS candidates should prepare very well. Besides, candidates who study by self should opt for IBPS PO Online Coaching for better preparation.
Practice: Time and efficiency play a major role in clearing IBPS PO 2021 Exam. Candidates should undergo serious practice and can also subscribe to online mock tests to improve speed.
Location: There are a lot of coaching centres available throughout the country, one has to choose the best one by analyzing it before.
Some of the most popular IBPS PO 2021 Coaching centres are as follows -
- Singh Academy of competitive success - Ashok Nagar, Delhi
- Success Center - Sangam Vihar, Delhi
- T.I.M.E. - Andheri East, Mumbai
- Bright Classes - Vashi, Mumbai
- Vistamind Park street - Park Street, Kolkata
- Nexus Education Initiative - Behala, Kolkata
- Youth Computer Training Center - Rashbehari, Kolkata
- Disha Banking Institute - Narayana Guda, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad School of Banking - S.R.Nagar, Hyderabad
- I-Beacons Academy - Jayanagar, Bangalore
- Competitive Success - Sheshadripuram, Bangalore
- Metro Learning Center - Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore
Know more about IBPS PO Coaching from the section provided.
IBPS PO 2021 Results
Result for IBPS PO 2021 will be declared separately for the two exams - prelims and mains. The IBPS authorities will release the result of prelims in a few weeks after the IBPS PO Prelims. Candidates who qualify the prelims exam will be able to sit for the IBPS PO Mains exam. The candidates shortlisted in mains exam will be able to attend the IBPS PO Interview and final selection will be based upon result of mains and interview rounds. Candidates can view the IBPS PO 2021 Results on the official website. Results are published in stages as there are several stages in the exam.
How to download IBPS PO 2021 Results?
- Step 1: Visit the official website at www.ibps.in
- Step 2: Click the result link.
- Step 3: Enter registration number or roll number and password or date of birth to view the result.
- Step 4: Fill in all details and Click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: The IBPS PO2021 Result will appear on the display. Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
IBPS PO 2021 Cut off
Only candidates clearing the cutoff of one phase will become eligible for the next phase of the IBPS selection process. IBPS releases separate cutoff for different categories. There are two types of cutoffs in the IBPS PO exam - Sectional and overall cutoff. Candidates have to clear both these cutoffs to qualify the exam.
The conducting authority of the IBPS PO exam decides the cut off for the exam. The cut off changes every year as there are multiple variables affecting it. The Institute of Banking Personnel defines the IBPS PO Cut Off on the basis of following factors.
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Number of candidates who pass the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year IBPS PO Cut Off
- Number of seats available
- Reserved category seats
IBPS PO 2019 Final Cut Off
The table below shows the final cut off of the IBPS PO 2019. Final cut off is declared after the mains exam and interview process is over. The table here shows minimum and maximum cut off marks for each category.
|Category||Minimum score||Maximum score|
IBPS PO Salary
The Institute of Banking Personnel offers good initial salary along with benefits for the IBPS PO job posts. Selected candidates receive various allowances like House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Medical Insurance, Travel Compensation, and Pension.
The distribution of the IBPS PO Salary and its details are presented below. Aspirants can view this table and understand the pay scale.
|Basic Pay||INR 23700.00|
|Special Allowance||INR 1836.75|
|Total (Without HRA)||INR 36570.38|
|Gross (with HRA)||INR 38703.38|
|Medical Aid||INR 8000.00|
|Canteen Subsidy||INR 400.00|
|Pension Contribution||INR 2500.00|
|Gross Annual CTC (With HRA but without leased accommodation)||INR 557640|
IBPS PO Salary Increment Policy
In addition to the allowances, IBPS Probationary Officers also receive increments over the years. The table here displays the IBPS PO Increment Policy.
|IBPS PO Increment Percentage||Basic Salary||Gross Salary|
|15%||INR 26706||INR 37068|
|20%||INR 27866||INR 38678|
|25%||INR 29026||INR 40288|
|30%||INR 30187||INR 41899|
IBPS PO Contact Details
In case of any queries or doubts regarding the IBPS PO 2021 Exam, candidates are instructed to contact the authorities of the exam. The contact details of the IBPS authorities are stated below.
Address: IBPS House, 90 Feet, D. P. Road, Near Thakur Polytechnic, Off. Western Express Highway, P. B. Number 8587, Kandivali(E), Mumbai 400 101, India
Toll Free Helpline: 1800 222 366, 1800 103 4566
The helpline will be available from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM everyday except Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
What is the mode of the exam?
The exam will be conducted in online mode (Prelims and Mains). The online mode is a CBT or Computer-Based Test.
What is the syllabus for IBPS PO 2020?
Candidates should prepare on English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (Static awareness, current affairs, and banking awareness) and Computer Aptitude.
What is the age criteria to apply for the exam?
Age limit is between 20-30 Years. Applicants belonging to reserved categories will get age relaxation. Check the eligibility section for more information.
What is the minimum qualification required?
Candidates should possess a degree in any discipline from a recognized University or institute to apply.
Is the IBPS PO 2020 exam Bilingual?
Yes, the IBPS PO 2020 exam is bilingual. Except the English section all other sections will be available in both English and Hindi mediums.
Is there a sectional cut-off in the IBPS PO exam?
Yes, candidates should clear minimum cut-off marks in each section to qualify for the next rounds.
How many rounds will be there in the exam?
Candidates have to clear 3 stages (i.e Prelim, Mains and Interview) for getting selected for the post.
Is there sectional timing for preliminary examination?
Yes, candidates must complete each section in 20 minutes.
Is there a descriptive type questions in the IBPS PO 2020 mains exam? What is the time allotted to complete the Mains Exam?
Yes, there are descriptive type questions. Letter and essay writing. The time allotted to complete the Mains Exams is 3 and a half hours or 210 minutes.
Is there any negative marking in IBPS PO 2020?
Yes, 1/4th marks which is 0.25 will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
When will the results be declared?
Results for the main exam will be announced tentatively in December 2020. Candidates can obtain the results by entering the registration number and password.
How many vacancies will be there in IBPS PO 2020?
Vacancies may vary, based on the participating organization and the category of the candidate. As of 2019 there was a total number of 4,336 vacancies.
What is the amount of the application fees of IBPS PO?
The application fees or the registration fees is INR 600 for candidates of General Category and INR 100 for candidates belonging to ST/SC/PwD category.
Are the preliminary and mains exam marks considered for the final selection of candidates?
The preliminary exam marks are not considered for the final selection but the marks scored in the mains exams are considered for the final selection of the candidate.
Will a candidate who is appearing for the last year of graduation be eligible to apply for IBPS PO?
No, candidates who are appearing for their final year are not eligible. Only those candidates are eligible who have completed their graduation degree.