The IBPS PO Exam is conducted to select probationary officers for leading public sector banks in India such as Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, Canara Bank, etc. Interested candidates can apply online on the IBPS official website. The best way to kickstart preparation is to solve previous year IBPS PO Question Papers and attempt mock tests.
An extensive list of the banks under IBPS and more details on preparation and registration is provided below.
- What is IBPS PO Exam?
- IBPS PO Important Dates
- IBPS PO Eligibility
- IBPS PO Vacancies
- How to fill the IBPS PO 2019 Application Form?
- IBPS PO Admit Card & Exam Centres
- IBPS PO Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- IBPS PO Result
- IBPS PO Selection Process
- IBPS PO Salary
- Other PO Exams
IBPS PO - What is it?
The full form of IBPS PO is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Exam for Probationary Officer. IBPS is a self-governing recruitment body. It conducts a common written exam or CWE every year all over the country to recruit the candidates for Probationary Officer in multiple public sector banks.
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for PO (IBPS PO)|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Recruitment as||Probationary Officer|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based (Online)|
|Help Desk Number||1800-222-366 or 1800-103-4566|
- Stages: IBPS PO Exam 2019 is conducted in three stages.
- Stage 1: Prelims
- Stage 2: Mains
- Stage 3: Interview.
- Known as: IBPS PO CWE VII because IBPS is conducting PO exam for the seventh year in a row.
- Syllabus: The IBPS PO Exam Syllabus includes
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning ability
- English language and the Main exam has a descriptive paper.
- Mode of shortlisting: Based on the combined score which is generated by the marks obtained in the prelims, mains examination, and completion of all stages of the interview, candidates are shortlisted for vacant positions in the bank.
- Purpose: IBPS PO Exam is conducted to hire skilled graduates for the post of Probationary Officer.
- Banks which use CWE: All public sector banks use the Common Written Exam (CWE).
- Mode of Exam: Both Preliminary Exam and Main Exam are online-based tests.
- Qualification: Candidates who qualify prelims examination will be shortlisted to appear in the mains exam. Candidates have to clear 3 stages (i.e Prelim, Mains and Interview) for getting selected for this post.
- Vacancies: Based on the participating organization and the category of the candidate, vacancies may vary. Read IBPS bank exam notification 2019 for more details about the vacancy
IBPS PO Calendar 2019
IBPS PO 2019 Online Application Form will be available from 16th July 2019 on the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). Candidates can fill the application form till 5th September 2019. The Admit Card will be available 15 days prior to the exam. All the IBPS PO Dates are as follows:
|IBPS PO 2019 Application Process - start date||16th July 2019|
|Applications Form Submission - Last date||5th September 2018|
|Application Fees Online Payment - Last Date||5th September 2018|
|The download of call letters - Pre-Exam Training for Probationary Officer||September 2019|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||1st October to 7th October 2019|
|The download of Call Letters for online examinations - Preliminary||October 2019|
|Preliminary Exam Dates||12th October 2019 to 20th October 2019|
|Preliminary Exam - Result date||October 2019|
|The download of Call letters for online examination- Mains||November 2019|
|Mains Exam Dates||30th November 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result- Mains||December 2019|
|Call Letter for interview||Jan - 2020|
Note: Dates provided above are tentative. So it is advised to wait for the official notification.
IBPS PO Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO 2019 Exam is set by the conducting authority. Aspiring candidates must fulfill all the criteria to apply for the exam.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or
- Candidate can be the citizen of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who are settled in India or
- Candidates migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam whose intention is to settle in India are eligible to apply for IBPS PO Exam.
- Candidate must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government.
- Candidate should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Candidate should have passed with English as one of the subjects from SSC to Graduation level.
- Age Limit:
- IBPS PO age eligibility is between 20 - 30 years.
- There is age relaxation for reserved categories as well.
|SC and ST||5 Years|
|Commissioned Officers [ECOs, SSCOs], Ex-Servicemen||5 Years|
|The origin of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
|The people affected by the 1984 riots.||5 Years|
The table represents the upcoming IBPS PO Vacancy. As per the category of a student the vacancy number varies.
List of Banks Under IBPS
These are the participating banks under IBPS PO 2019 Exam. So if a candidate attempts IBPS PO Exam there are opportunities for that candidate to get recruitment into any of these banks mentioned below.
|Allahabad Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Andhra Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Bank of India||State Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur|
|Canara bank||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|Central Bank of India||State Bank of Mysore|
|Corporation Bank||State Bank of Patiala|
|Dena Bank||State Bank of Travancore|
|IDBI Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Indian Bank||UCO Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Union Bank of India|
|United Bank of India||Vijaya Bank|
IBPS PO Online Application Form
The IBPS PO 2019 Application Form will be available only in the online mode. The dates will be announced on the official website. Before applying for IBPS PO Exam, the candidate has to ensure that he/she satisfies the Eligibility Criteria.
- Contents: In the IBPS PO Exam Application Form candidates have to enter the details like name, date of birth, qualification, contact details, address, etc. Basic information on nationality, category(SC/ST/OBC/PH), Aadhar card no. etc.
- Documents: Before filling up the IBPS PO Application Form candidate should have his/her scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Application Fee: The application fee has to be paid online and it is Rs 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs. 600 /- for others.
- Credentials: Candidates should enter the valid credentials at the time of registration.
- Print: Candidates should take print of the e-receipt and IBPS PO Exam application form reflecting fee payment details.
Note: An email or SMS intimation will be sent for successful registration.
How to fill the Application Form?
- STEP - I: Registration:
- Visit the official website of IBPS at www.ibps.in.
- Click on the link “Common Recruitment Process for Probationary Officers”.
- The candidate will be directed to the Registration page. Candidates who are applying for the first time have to register themselves.
- Click on the link "Click here for new registration" for registration.
- A pop up will come. Read the instructions carefully which comes on screen before heading towards the IBPS PO Application Form and then click on the "CONTINUE" button to proceed.
- After completion of the registration process, the candidate will get an email and SMS of the same.
- The Candidate should provide correct and active email ID in the IBPS PO 2019 Application Form as the institute uses this mode to communicate with the candidates.
- The Candidate has to save the registration number and password for future use.
- The candidate will be directed to the first part of the application process. Here the candidate has to mention his/her basic information carefully as per matriculation or Secondary Certification.
- Basic details such as candidate's name, middle name, last name, along with contact detail like mobile number and Email Id must be filled carefully.
- Enter the security code and click on " Save & Next" button.
- STEP-II: Photo and Signature Uploading:
- Here the candidate has to upload his/her scanned copies of photograph and signature. The photograph and signature should be clearly visible.
- To upload photograph click on browse and select the photograph file you saved.
- Follow the same process to upload the signature Click " Next " to move to proceed further in the IBPS PO Application Process.
- Once a candidate enters his/her details, click on "Save & Next" button. Candidates will be asked for final submit after Preference and language section is filled.
- Tick mark on "I Agree" and click on the "Final Submit" button.
- STEP-III: Application Fee Payment:
- The IBPS PO Application Process will not be completed until the payment process is completed.
- Enter the security code and click on submit to visit the payment link.
- Select the mode of payment such as Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net banking and fill the relevant details.
- Complete the payment process to complete the application.
- Download and save the application form along with fee receipt for future reference.
IBPS PO Hall Ticket
The Admit Card will be available 15 days prior to the exam from 23rd September 2019 (Tentative). Candidates can download the IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card from the official website. IBPS will not send the admit card by post. Candidates, in order to appear for IBPS PO Exam 2019, are advised to carry their Admit Card along with an original ID proof. The admit card will also be considered as IBPS PO 2019 Hall Ticket.
- Details: The call letter will carry information like
- Candidates name
- Registration number
- IBPS PO 2019 Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- IBPS PO Exam date
- Exam Centre and Centre details
Note: Hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will not be sent by post/ courier.
IBPS PO Hall Ticket Download
- Step 1: Visit the official Website www.ibps.in
- Step 2: Once the admit card is available click on the relevant link.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number and Date of Birth as the password and click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: The IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card will be displayed.
- Step 5: Download the admit card and take a print for the same. Verify the admit card before printing.
IBPS PO Exam 2019 is conducted in states all over India. Candidates should mention their preferences for a centre in the online application form. IBPS may allocate an exam centre other than the ones preferred by the candidate, in case the centre preferred by the candidate is not available. The list of exam centres is listed below.
After the exam, if a candidate is selected he or she must proceed for the further rounds. The conducting authority will arrange separate venues as IBPS PO Interview Centres.
|Andhra Pradesh||Ananthapur, Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzzafarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Gurgaon, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Palwal, Panipat, Sonipat, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramula, Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bokaro|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Davangere, Gulbarga, Hubli, Kolar, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthpuram, Thrichur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara|
|Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fategarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Thoothukodi, Tirunelvelli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Banda, Bareilly, Bulandhshaher, Faizabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bardhaman, Berhampur, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Siligur|
IBPS PO Pre- Exam Training
Nodal Banks/Participating Organizations may arrange for pre-examination training to a limited number of applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities at certain centres given as below.
|Muzaffarpur||Mysore||Nagpur||New Delhi||Panaji (Goa)||Patiala||Patna|
Note: The pre exam training date for IBPS PO is from 1st October to 7th October 2019.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2019 Exam is conducted in three phases: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview Process. Candidates are required to clear all three stages/phases in order to become a Probationary Officer. The tables below give the IBPS PO Pattern details:
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Total Duration||60 Minutes (each section 20 minutes)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for the correct answer and .25 is deducted for every wrong answer|
|Cut-off marks||Will be decided by conducting authority|
|Sections||1.English - 30 Marks2.Numerical Ability - 35 marks3.Reasoning Ability -35 marks|
Only those candidates who clear the IBPS PO Prelims Exam will be called for the Mains exam.
IBPS PO Mains Pattern 2019
|Marking Scheme||+1 for the correct answer and .25 is deducted for every wrong answer|
|Sections||1. Reasoning and Computer Aptitude - 60 marks2.General/Economy/Banking Awareness - 40 marks3.Data Analysis and Interpretation - 60 marks4.English Language - 40 marks|
|English language(Letter writing and Essay) 25 marks - 30 minutes|
IBPS PO Interview 2019
- Candidates qualifying the mains examination will be called for the interview process.
- The cumulative scores of the Mains Exam and the Interview Process in the ratio of (80:20) is considered for the final selection.
- The IBPS PO Interview will be after the Mains Exam in the month of January.
The IBPS PO Syllabus includes English Language, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability, Reasoning, and Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, Data Analysis, and Interpretation. Candidates must know about the detailed IBPS PO 2019 Syllabus, to prepare well for this exam
- Preliminary Exam Syllabus: IBPS PO Prelims round comprises of three major sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- Mains Exam Syllabus: IBPS PO Question Paper Mains Exam comprises of questions from three sections:
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
IBPS PO Books
To score well in IBPS PO exam candidates have to prepare well. For preparation, candidates have to study proper books. There are several books which cover the IBPS PO Exam syllabus. Candidates can follow books of their choice, abiding by the syllabus. Some of the books are listed here.
- IBPS PO Guide & Practice Paper Office Assistant Combo by GKP publication (in Hindi)
- IBPS Bank Po Success Master by Arihant Publication (in English)
- Solved Papers Bank PO by Arihant Publication (in English)
- SBI/IBPS Bank PO by Disha Publication (in English)
- IBPS PO Mock Paper by Adda 247 Publication (in English)
IBPS PO Coaching
This exam is one of the highly competitive exams conducted in India. To get selected for PO jobs offered by IBPS candidates should prepare very well. Besides, candidates who study by self should opt for IBPS PO Online Coaching for better preparation.
- Practice: Time and efficiency play a major role in clearing IBPS PO 2019 Exam. Candidates should undergo serious practice and can also subscribe to online mock tests to improve speed.
- Location: There are a lot of coaching centres available throughout the country, one has to choose the best one by analysing about it before.
IBPS PO Final Result
The Result will be declared separately for the two exams - prelims and mains. Candidates can view the IBPS PO 2019 Results on the official website. Results are published in stages as there are several stages in the exam.
Steps to download Results
- Step 1: Visit the official website at www.ibps.in
- Step 2: Click the result link.
- Step 3: Enter registration number or roll number and password or date of birth to view the result.
- Step 4: Fill in all details and Click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: The IBPS PO 2019 Result will appear on the display. Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
IBPS PO Final Cutoff
IBPS PO 2019 Cutoff will be disclosed after the exam conducted. Cutoff marks differ based on the subject paper and category i.e the IBPS Prelims cutoff varies from that of the mains exam. Previous year's cutoff marks are given below.
|Category||English||Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||Computer||Banking Awareness||Overall|
IBPS PO Recruitment
IBPS conducts the exam to offer jobs in various posts into all the listed public banks (except SBI). The final selection process for IBPS PO is the interview. The IBPS PO 2019 Recruitment is made for the Probationary Officers posts into all the banks.
- Eligibility: To get recruited candidates should fulfill all the IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria set by the participating organization.
- Exam Date: IBPS PO Exam Date 2019 for prelims and mains exam will be announced on the official website.
- Recruitment Basis: Candidates are recruited based on their performance in the exam and the Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, administrative exigency, etc.
- Vacancies: IBPS PO 2019 vacancy details for the year 2019-20, has announced only 3562 vacancies in 9 banks. (General/ UR – 1738, OBC – 961, SC – 578, ST - 285)
- Cut-off: IBPS PO 2019 cut-off will be based on vacancies and will be uploaded to the IBPS officials website.
- Participating Banks: There are 20 public banks participating in the IBPS PO Exam to offer Jobs.
- Jobs: All information about IBPS PO Job role, location, salary will be provided in the official notification.
|Allahabad Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||Vijaya Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Corporation Bank||Syndicate Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Bank of Baroda||Dena Bank||UCO Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||United Bank of India||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Union Bank of India||IDBI Bank|
Note: If in case two or more candidates score the same marks then the preference will be given to the date of birth i.e., the candidate who is senior most will be placed first.
IBPS PO Salary
The entire details of IBPS PO emoluments are presented below. Aspirants can view this table and understand the pay scale
|Basic Pay||INR 23700.00|
|Special Allowance||INR 1836.75|
|Total (Without HRA)||INR 36570.38|
|Gross (with HRA)||INR 38703.38|
|Medical Aid||INR 8000.00|
|Canteen Subsidy||INR 400.00|
|Pension Contribution||INR 2500.00|
|Gross Annual CTC||INR 6,45,640.56|
- Q: What is the mode of the exam?
- Ans: The exam will be conducted in online mode (Prelims and Mains)
- Q: What is the syllabus for IBPS PO 2019?
- Ans: Candidates should prepare on English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (Static awareness, current affairs and banking awareness) and Computer Aptitude.
- Q: What is the age criteria to apply for the exam?
- Ans: Age limit is between 20 - 30 Years. Applicants belonging to reserved categories will get age relaxation. Check the eligibility section for more information.
- Q: What is the minimum qualification required?
- Ans: Candidates should possess a degree in any discipline from a recognized University to apply.
- Q: Is the IBPS PO 2019 exam Bilingual?
- Ans: Yes, except the English section all other sections will be available in both English and Hindi.
- Q: Is there a sectional cut-off in the IBPS PO exam?
- Ans: Yes, candidates should clear minimum cut-off marks in each section to qualify for the next rounds.
- Q: How many rounds will be there in the exam?
- Ans: Candidates have to clear 3 stages (i.e Prelim, Mains and Interview) for getting selected for the post.
- Q: Is there sectional timing for preliminary examination?
- Ans: Yes, candidates must complete each section in 20 minutes.
- Q: Is there a descriptive test in IBPS PO 2019 mains exam?
- Ans: Yes, Letter and essay writing.
- Q: Is there any negative marking in IBPS PO 2019?
- Ans: Yes, 1/4th marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Q: When will the results declare?
- Ans: Results will be announced on December 18, 2019. Candidates can obtain the results by entering the registration number and password.
- Q: How many vacancies will be there in IBPS PO 2019?
- Ans: Vacancies may vary, based on the participating organization and the category of the candidate.