IBPS PO 2023 annual calendar has been released. As per the annual calendar, the IBPS PO preliminary exam 2023 will be held on Sep 23, Sep 30, and Oct 1, 2023. The IBPS PO main exam will be conducted on Nov 5, 2023. The further dates of the recruitment process will soon be notified.
|IBPS PO Application Form 2023||IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2023|
Latest Updates on IBPS PO
- May 16, 2023: IBPS PO 2023 preliminary exam is scheduled on Sep 23, Sep 30, and Oct 1, 2023. Read More
Table of Contents
- IBPS PO 2023 Exam Date
- About IBPS PO
- IBPS PO 2023 Notification
- IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility
- IBPS PO 2023 Application Form
- IBPS PO 2023 Admit Card
- IBPS PO 2023 Participating Banks
- IBPS PO 2023 Exam Centres
- IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO Pre-Exam Training
- IBPS PO 2023 Reference Books
- IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus
- IBPS PO 2023 Result
- IBPS PO 2023 Cut off
- IBPS PO 2023 Preparation Tips
- IBPS PO 2023 Coaching Centres
- IBPS PO 2023 Vacancy
- IBPS PO 2023 Salary
- IBPS PO 2023 Contact Details
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Date
IBPS PO 2023 preliminary exam is scheduled to be held on Sep 23, Sep 30, and Oct 1, 2023. IBPS PO main 2023 exam will be held on Nov 5, 2023.
All the IBPS PO dates for 2023 are as follows.
|IBPS PO 2023 Preliminary Exam Date||Sep 23, Sep 30, and Oct 1, 2023|
|IBPS PO 2023 Main Exam Date||Nov 5, 2023|
About IBPS PO
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection exam for Probationary Officer is a self-governing recruitment body. It conducts a common written exam (CWE) every year all over the country to recruit candidates as Probationary Officer in multiple public sector banks.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Highlights
The table below shows important points of IBPS PO 2023 Exam.
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for Probationary Officers|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Recruitment as||Probationary Officer|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based (Online)|
|Help Desk Number||1800-222-366 or 1800-103-4566|
- Stages: IBPS PO Exam 2023 is conducted in three stages.
- Known as: IBPS PO CRP IX because IBPS is conducting a PO exam for the ninth year.
- Mode of shortlisting: Based on the combined score which is generated by the marks obtained in the prelims, mains examination, and completion of all stages of the interview, candidates are shortlisted for vacant positions in the bank.
- Purpose: IBPS PO Exam is conducted to hire skilled graduates for the post of Probationary Officer.
- Banks that use CWE: All public sector banks use the Common Written Exam (CWE).
- Qualification: Candidates who qualify prelims examination will be shortlisted to appear in the mains exam. Candidates have to clear 3 stages (i.e Prelims, Mains and Interview) for getting selected for this post.
IBPS PO 2023 Notification
IBPS PO 2023 notification will be available on the official website of IBPS PO and can be downloaded by the candidates in the form of a PDF file. The IBPS PO 2023 notification will contain all essential information about the exam dates along with all the other important dates, the vacancies, the application process in detail, the reservation policies for all categories, and the ways to calculate the scores of the exams, other rules, and regulations, etc.
IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility
IBPA PO 2023 eligibility is set by the conducting authority. Aspiring candidates must fulfill all the criteria to apply for the exam.
IBPS PO 2023 Nationality
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate can be the subject of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, intending to permanently settle in India.
- Candidates of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam whose intention is to settle in India are eligible to apply for IBPS PO Exam.
IBPS PO 2023 Educational Qualification
- Candidate must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government.
- Candidate should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Candidate should have passed with English as one of the subjects from SSC to Graduation level.
IBPS PO 2023 Age Limit
- IBPS PO age bracket is between 20 years and 30 years which means that a candidate must have been born between August 2, 1989, and August 1, 1999, with both dates inclusive.
- There is age relaxation for reserved categories as well.
IBPS PO 2023 Age Relaxation
The age relaxation criteria for various categories are given in the table below.
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities (as specified under "The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016")||10 Years|
|Commissioned Officers [ECOs, SSCOs], Ex-Servicemen rendering at least 5 years of service and who have been released after finishing their assignment||5 Years|
|People of Jammu & Kashmir who have been domiciled from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 Years|
|People affected by the 1984 riots||5 Years|
IBPS PO 2023 Application Form
IBPS PO 2023 were available only in the online mode. Candidates were able to register on the official website and fill out the application form before the last date. Before applying for IBPS PO Exam, the candidate had to ensure that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria. The application process for IBPS PO 2023 and all necessary details regarding the same is given below.
- Contents: In the IBPS PO 2023 Exam Application Form candidates have to enter details like name, date of birth, qualification, contact details, address, etc. Basic information on nationality, category(SC/ST/OBC/PH), Aadhar card no. etc.
- Documents: Before filling up the IBPS PO 2023 Application Form candidates should have his /her scanned copy of the photograph and signature. The other documents that candidates will likely need to upload are education qualification proofs and other such certificates.
- IBPS PO 2023 Exam Fees: The exam fees have to be paid online and it is INR 175 for SC/ST/PWD candidates and INR 850 for others.
- Credentials: Candidates should enter valid credentials at the time of registration.
- Print: Candidates should take print of the e-receipt and IBPS PO Exam application form reflecting fee payment details.
Note: An email or SMS intimation will be sent for successful registration. The mail ID and the phone number provided by the candidates must be valid as the login credentials will be sent through email and an SMS. The login credentials are very essential as they will be required at the time of downloading the admit card and checking the results.
Read More: IBPS PO Application Form 2023
IBPS PO 2023 Admit Card
IBPS PO 2023 admit cards for all the phases of the exam should be kept with the candidates until the end of the recruitment process. IBPS will not send the admit card by post. Candidates likely to appear for IBPS PO Exam 2023, are advised to carry their Admit Card along with an original ID proof.
Details: Call letter will carry information like
- Candidates name
- Registration number
- IBPS PO 2023 Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- IBPS PO Exam date
- Exam Centre and Centre details
Note: Hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will not be sent by post/ courier.
How to Download IBPS PO 2023 Admit Card?
The step-by-step process to download the IBPS PO 2023 admit card is mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website, ibps.in
- Step 2: Click on the 'IBPS PO Admit Card 2023' download link flashing on the screen.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number and Date of Birth as the password and click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: The IBPS PO 2023 Admit Card will be displayed.
- Step 5: Download the admit card and take a print for the same. Verify the admit card before printing.
Read More: IBPS PO Admit Card 2023
IBPS PO 2023 Participating Banks
Banks participating in IBPS PO Recruitment 2023 are as under.
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||UCO Bank|
|Bank of India||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||Indian Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||-||-||-|
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Centres
IBPS PO Recruitment 2023 Exam is conducted in states all over India. Candidates should mention their preferences for a centre in the online application form. Generally, IBPS allocates the nearest exam centre for the candidate's convenience. But, IBPS may allocate an exam centre other than the ones preferred by the candidate, in case the centre preferred by the candidate is not available. The IBPS announces different test centres for prelims and mains exams. After the exam, if a candidate is selected he or she must proceed for further rounds. The conducting authority will arrange separate venues for IBPS PO 2023 Interview.
Read More: IBPS PO exam centres 2023
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2023 Recruitment Exam is conducted in three phases: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview Process. Candidates are required to clear all three stages/phases to become a Probationary Officer. As there are three phases, each phase determines whether the candidate will go on to the next round.
- Candidates must score the minimum required marks or cut off in each of the three sections to qualify for the prelims which are qualifying in nature. The marks obtained in this round or phase shall not be counted for the final selection process. Only those candidates who clear the IBPS PO Prelims 2023 Exam will be called for the Mains exam.
- The mains exam consists of both MCQ type questions as well as descriptive-type questions. The total hours combined with both sections will comprise of three and a half hours. The marks obtained in the mains exam will determine whether the candidates will be selected for the final round or the Interview. The mains exam marks are important as they will be considered for the final selection of the candidate.
- Candidates qualifying the mains examination will be called for the interview process.
- Candidates will be judged upon their personality, intellectual capability, and general knowledge.
- The Interview will consist of 100 marks of which the qualifying marks is 40% for the General candidates and 35% for ST/SC/PWD.
- The cumulative scores of the Mains Exam and the Interview Process in the ratio of (80:20) is considered for the final selection.
- In the IBPS PO selction process the Interview will be conducted after the Mains Exam.
Read More: IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2023 Pre-Exam Training
Nodal Banks/Participating Organizations may arrange for pre-examination training to a limited number of applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities at certain centres given as below.
|Muzaffarpur||Mysore||Nagpur||New Delhi||Panaji (Goa)||Patiala||Patna|
Read More: IBPS PO 2023 Exam Centre
IBPS PO 2023 Reference Books
To score well in IBPS PO 2023 exam candidates have to prepare well. For preparation, candidates have to study proper books. Several books cover the IBPS PO Exam syllabus. Candidates can follow books of their choice, abiding by the syllabus. Some of the IBPS PO reference books are listed here.
- IBPS PO Guide & Practice Paper Office Assistant Combo by GKP publication(in Hindi)
- IBPS Bank Po Success Master by Arihant Publication (in English)
- Solved Papers Bank PO by Arihant Publication (in English)
- SBI/IBPS Bank PO by Disha Publication (in English)
- IBPS PO Mock Paper by Adda 247 Publication (in English)
IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus
IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus includes English Language, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability, Reasoning, and Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, Data Analysis, and Interpretation. Candidates must know about the detailed IBPS PO Syllabus 2023, to prepare well for this exam
IBPS PO 2023 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
IBPS PO Prelims round comprises of three major sections:
- Reasoning- Logical reasoning, Alphanumeric series, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Tabulations, Coded inequalities, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Input-Output, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude- Simplification, Profit and loss, Number systems, Time and distance, Data interpretations, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple Interest and Compound interest, Mensuration: cylinder, cone, sphere, etc.
- English Language- Para jumbles, Cloze Test, Reading comprehension, Paragraph Completion, Miscellaneous, Multiple meaning, error spotting, etc.
IBPS PO 2023 Mains Exam Syllabus
IBPS PO Question Paper Mains Exam comprises of questions from following sections:
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude- Microsoft Office, Computer hardware, Computer software, Operating System, Networking, Computer Abbreviations, Keyboard Shortcuts, etc.
- English Language- Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Verbal ability and Grammar.
- Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness- Current affairs, General Knowledge and Financial awareness.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation- Simplification, Percentage, Quadratic equation, Problems of ages, Number series, Average, Probability, Data Sufficiency, Permutation and Combination, etc.
IBPS PO 2023 Results
IBPS PO 2023 result for preliminary and main exam will be released seprately after the exam.
IBPS PO 2023 result dates are mentioned below.
|IBPS PO 202-23 Events||Dates|
|IBPS PO 2023 Result Date||To be announced|
Candidates who qualify for the prelims exam will be able to sit for the IBPS PO Mains exam. The candidates shortlisted in the mains exam will be able to attend the IBPS PO Interview and the final selection will be based upon results of the mains and interview rounds. Candidates can view the IBPS PO 2023 Results on the official website. Results are published in stages as there are several stages in the exam.
How to Download IBPS PO 2023 Results?
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to download the IBPS PO 2023 result.
- Step 1: Visit the official website, ibps.in.
- Step 2: Click the respective result link on the homepage.
- Step 3: Enter registration number or roll number and password or date of birth to view the result.
- Step 4: Fill in all details and Click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: The IBPS PO2023 Result will appear on the display. Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
Read More: IBPS PO 2023 Result
IBPS PO 2023 Cut off
IBPS PO 2023 final cut-off will be released soon by the autorities.
Only candidates clearing the cutoff of one phase will become eligible for the next phase of the IBPS selection process. IBPS releases separate cut off for different categories. There are two types of cutoffs in the IBPS PO exam- Sectional and overall cutoff. Candidates have to clear both these cutoffs to qualify the exam.
The conducting authority of the IBPS PO exam decides the cut-off for the exam. The cut-off changes every year as there are multiple variables affecting it. The Institute of Banking Personnel defines the IBPS PO Cut Off on the basis of the following factors.
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Number of candidates who pass the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year IBPS PO Cut Off
- Number of seats available
- Reserved category seats
IBPS PO Cut-Off 2023
Category-wise IBPS PO cut-off 2023 for the preliminary exam is mentioned in the table below.
|Category||IBPS PO Preliminary Cut-Off Marks|
Read More: IBPS PO 2023 Cut-Off
IBPS PO 2023 Preparation Tips
Aspirants who are willing to qualify for the IBPS PO 2023 exam must keep in mind the following preparation tips.
- The candidates must first learn the syllabus of IBPS PO 2023 and accordingly, make a study plan.
- Candidates must study subjects and topics for Prelims and Mains simultaneously as there will not be much time to prepare for Mains if a candidate clears the prelims.
- Candidates must study daily and thoroughly. They must also make sure to read the news every day which will help them in subjects of General Knowledge and Current Affairs as well as keeping them updated on the latest events.
- The candidates must take mock tests every day and if not every day they must take them weekly.
- The candidates can improve their time management and accuracy of the answers by practising and solving previous year question papers and taking as many mock tests as possible.
- The candidates must revise all subjects and topics weekly.
- The candidates must also clear all the basics and must seek professional help in case of doubts regarding any subject or topic.
- Most importantly, the candidates must remain calm and avoid last-minute preparation.
The candidates have a good chance of clearing the IBPS PO 2023 if they follow the written and interview preparation tips and study systematically.
IBPS PO 2023 Coaching Centres
IBPS PO exam is one of the highly competitive exams conducted in India. To get selected for PO jobs offered by IBPS candidates should prepare very well. Besides, candidates who study by themselves should opt for IBPS PO Online Coaching for better preparation.
Practice: Time and efficiency play a major role in clearing IBPS PO 2023 Exam. Candidates should undergo serious practice and can also subscribe to online mock tests to improve speed.
Location: There are a lot of coaching centres available throughout the country, one has to choose the best one by analyzing it before.
Some of the most popular IBPS PO 2023 Coaching centres are as follows.
- Singh Academy of competitive success - Ashok Nagar, Delhi
- Success Center - Sangam Vihar, Delhi
- T.I.M.E. - Andheri East, Mumbai
- Bright Classes - Vashi, Mumbai
- Vistamind Park street - Park Street, Kolkata
- Nexus Education Initiative - Behala, Kolkata
- Youth Computer Training Center - Rashbehari, Kolkata
- Disha Banking Institute - Narayana Guda, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad School of Banking - S.R.Nagar, Hyderabad
- I-Beacons Academy - Jayanagar, Bangalore
- Competitive Success - Sheshadripuram, Bangalore
- Metro Learning Center - Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore
Know more about IBPS PO Coaching from the section provided.
IBPS PO 2023 Vacancy
A total of 6932 vacancies have been announced for IBPS PO 2023. The revised vacancies as per Back-wise and category wise as follows.
Bankk-wise Vacancy Break-up
The highest number of vacancy have been annouced for Canara bank. A total of 2500 vacancy have been annouced for this bank.
|Participating Bank||Revised Vacancy||Old Vacany|
|Bank of India||535||535|
|Bank of Maharastra||500||-|
|Punjab National Bank||500||500|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||253||253|
|Union Bank of India||2094||2094|
Category-wise Vacancy Break-up for IBPS PO is given below.
|Bank of India||80||40||144||53||218|
|Bank of Maharastra||75||37||135||50||203|
|Punjab National Bank||75||37||135||50||203|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||38||23||66||24||102|
|Unio Bank of India||346||155||573||184||836|
IBPS PO 2023 Salary
The Institute of Banking Personnel offers good initial salary along with benefits for the IBPS PO job posts. Selected candidates receive various allowances like House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Medical Insurance, Travel Compensation, and Pension.
The distribution of the IBPS PO Salary and its details are presented below. Aspirants can view this table and understand the pay scale.
|Basic Pay||INR 23700.00|
|Special Allowance||INR 1836.75|
|Total (Without HRA)||INR 36570.38|
|Gross (with HRA)||INR 38703.38|
|Medical Aid||INR 8000.00|
|Canteen Subsidy||INR 400.00|
|Pension Contribution||INR 2500.00|
|Gross Annual CTC (With HRA but without leased accommodation)||INR 557640|
IBPS PO Salary Increment Policy
In addition to the allowances, IBPS Probationary Officers also receive increments over the years. The table here displays the IBPS PO Increment Policy.
|IBPS PO Increment Percentage||Basic Salary||Gross Salary|
|15%||INR 26706||INR 37068|
|20%||INR 27866||INR 38678|
|25%||INR 29026||INR 40288|
|30%||INR 30187||INR 41899|
IBPS PO 2023 Contact Details
In case of any queries or doubts regarding the IBPS PO 2023 Exam, candidates are instructed to contact the authorities of the exam. The contact details of the IBPS authorities are stated below.
IBPS House, 90 Feet, D. P. Road,
Near Thakur Polytechnic, Off. Western Express Highway,
P. B. Number 8587,
Mumbai- 400 101,
Toll Free Helpline: 1800 222 366, 1800 103 4566
The helpline will be available from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM everyday except Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
What is the mode of the exam?
The exam will be conducted in online mode (Prelims and Mains). The online mode is a CBT or Computer-Based Test.
What is the syllabus for IBPS PO 2023?
Candidates should prepare on English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (Static awareness, current affairs, and banking awareness) and Computer Aptitude.
What is the age criteria to apply for the IBPS PO 2023 exam?
Age limit is between 20-30 Years. Applicants belonging to reserved categories will get age relaxation. Check the eligibility section for more information.
What is the minimum qualification required?
Candidates should possess a degree in any discipline from a recognized University or institute to apply.
Is the IBPS PO 2023 exam Bilingual?
Yes, the IBPS PO exam is bilingual. Except the English section all other sections will be available in both English and Hindi mediums.
Is there a sectional cut-off in the IBPS PO 2023 exam?
Yes, candidates should clear minimum cut-off marks in each section to qualify for the next rounds.
How many rounds will be there in the exam?
Candidates have to clear 3 stages (i.e Prelim, Mains and Interview) for getting selected for the post.
Is there sectional timing for preliminary examination?
Yes, candidates must complete each section in 20 minutes.
Is there a descriptive type questions in the IBPS PO 2023 mains exam? What is the time allotted to complete the Mains Exam?
Yes, there are descriptive type questions. Letter and essay writing. The time allotted to complete the Mains Exams is 3 and a half hours or 210 minutes.
Is there any negative marking in IBPS PO 2023?
Yes, 1/4th marks which is 0.25 will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
How many vacancies will be there in IBPS PO 2023?
Vacancies may vary, based on the participating organization and the category of the candidate. As for 2023, the total number of vacancies is 6932.
What is the amount of the application fees of IBPS PO 2023?
The application fees or the registration fees is INR 600 for candidates of General Category and INR 100 for candidates belonging to ST/SC/PwD category.
Are the preliminary and mains exam marks considered for the final selection of candidates?
The preliminary exam marks are not considered for the final selection but the marks scored in the mains exams are considered for the final selection of the candidate.
Will a candidate who is appearing for the last year of graduation be eligible to apply for IBPS PO 2023?
No, candidates who are appearing for their final year are not eligible. Only those candidates are eligible who have completed their graduation degree.