IELTS application form 2023 will be available in both online and offline formats. To appear for the IELTS 2023 exam, a candidate can choose a date according to their convenience as the exam is conducted several times in a year. The organizing body will provid a registration portal on its official website for participants.
Candidates who wish to register offline can do so by downloading the IELTS 2023 application form from the official website. Candidates should plan IELTS after considering their selected university or college's entrance deadline. The entire procedure of filling out an IELTS application form 2023, as well as other crucial information about the exam, is outlined below.
IELTS 2023 Application Form Details
The information that is being filled in IELTS 2023 application form should be the same as that of the information in the candidate's Passport. Following are the various fields that are present in the form.
|Candidate's Choice of Test Date||Choice of Test City|
|Name of the Candidate||The version of the IELTS Exam being taken|
|Address of the Candidate||Email and Phone number|
|Date of Birth||Gender|
|Identity Document and Number||Name of the country of Nationality and its corresponding code|
|Name of the first language and its corresponding code||Sector and Level of Occupation|
|Reason for taking the IELTS test||The country wishing to apply|
|Level of education||Number of years that the candidate had studied English|
|Permanent Disability if any||Details of the organizations or agencies that the candidate wishes to send the result to|
|Declaration||Signature and Date|
How to Fill IELTS 2023 Application Form in Online Mode?
Candidates who wish to appear for the IELTS 2023 can follow the steps given below to fill the application form.
- Step 1: Head to the official website of the IELTS registration Portal and carefully read all the information provided.
- Step 2: Select your country and locate a suitable test center for the examination.
- Step 3: After selecting the test centre, click on the registration link provided.
- Step 4: Create your account and select the 'Register for Test' button.
- Step 5: Choose the test format. The test formats are - computer-delivered IELTS and paper-based (IELTS, IELTS for UKVI or Life Skills).Step 6: Select the test type. The test types are-
- Step 6: Select the test type. The test types are-
|IELTS Test Options||Type/Module|
|IELTS||Academic or General Training|
|Life Skills||A1 and B1|
- Step 7: Find and book a suitable test date.
- Step 8: Fill in the required details in the application form.
- Step 9: Upload a scanned copy of passport
- Step 10: Submit the details
- Step 11: Pay the application form fee in online mode, using the payment gateway facilities.
How to Fill IELTS 2023 Application Form in Offline Mode?
Candidates who wish to fill the application form in offline mode can follow this step-by-step guide.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IELTS.
- Step 2: Locate the application form link and click on download.
- Step 3: Carefully read the details and instructions mentioned in the form.
- Step 4: Choose a test date and slot.
- Step 5: Book an exam center.
- Step 6: Provide other details as required.
- Step 7: Fee Payment either by demand draft or by cash.
The Sample IELTS Application Form
IELTS 2023 Fee Payment
The registration fee for the IELTS Exam varies. Check the table below for different test types of IELTS.
|Computer-Delivered IELTS||INR 14,700|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||INR 13,940|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration||INR 15,100|
|Pen and Paper Based IELTS||INR 14,700|
IELTS registered candidates can pay the fee online or by demand draft or by cash.
- Online Mode Payment: Candidates can pay with their Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / Payment Wallets. The accepted debit cards are Visa, Visa Electron, and Master Card.
- Offline Mode Payment: Demand Draft (should be made to British Council and payable at New Delhi) / Cash (Visit the nearest ICICI bank with the payment slip to pay by cash.)
Documents Required for IELTS 2023 Application
Candidates can scan the first and last page of their passport to upload it while filling IELTS application form. (Optional)
The file format should be either JPG or JPEG or PNG or PDF. The size of the image should not exceed 1 MB.
- Candidates paying by the ICICI deposit slip or demand draft must courier the documents.
- The IELTS study book and the TRF will be despatched at the address you provide on the registration form.
- You may check whether your address is covered by Blue Dart or not.
Cancellation or Transfer Request of IELTS Exam
If the candidate has to face some unforeseen circumstances then they can apply for the cancellation of the IELTS exam or request for the transfer of the exam to a later date. But the candidates should keep in mind that if the request for cancellation is made within 5 weeks of the exam then they will be charged the full amount of the test fee.
The transfer of the application fee is only possible if the candidate is able to produce a valid medical certificate within 5 days of the test date.
- Cancellation: The candidate has to fill in the "Request for Postponement or Cancellation" form and send it through courier or post to the test centre. The cancellation fee would be deducted from the refund of the application fee of the candidate. It may take up to 2 weeks to get the request processed by the test centre.
- Postponement: Here too the candidate has to fill in the "Request for Postponement or Cancellation" form and send it through courier or post to the test centre. The candidate has to pay a postponement fee through a DD (Demand Draft) in favour of the British Council payable at New Delhi, sent along with the postponement form.
IELTS Exam Slot Booking
For booking a slot for the IELTS exam, the aspirants need a valid passport and a debit/credit card to pay the registration fee of INR 14,700.
Some important points to remember while registering for the IELTS exam have been listed below.
- The aspirant must be above the age of 16 for taking the IELTS exam.
- The information provided by the aspirant while registering should match the information in the passport.
- The candidates need to carry their passports while going for the test.
- The aspirants need to keep their debit/credit cards handy while registering for the IELTS exam.
IELTS Test Schedule
The British Council Global Schedule has allocated 48 days per year for the IELTS exam. Candidates can choose any one date according to their convenience. After the candidate has decided on when to start preparing for the IELTS, they should choose a date at least three to four months before the college application deadline. Doing this should give them plenty of time to retake the exam if they feel the first attempt wasn’t great.
IELTS Test Centres
The IELTS India exam is conducted and offered on-demand around the year at the following test centers in India: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Bhatinda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kochi, Kolkata, Kottayam, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Patiala, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Trichy, and Vijayawada.