Facilities of Zakir Hussain Delhi College (ZHDC), New Delhi
Multi-Media Library And Book Bank:
- The College has a spacious and a well-stocked library possessing about 1,11,500 books. It runs an open shelf system but some important textbooks are also kept in the reserve section. Not only does it cater well to the academic requirements but it also houses leisure books and books for general awareness. The library also subscribes to 35 national and international journals.
- Currently, the significant feature of the library is its multi-media section. It is well equipped with multi-media computers and a vast collection of electronic materials for e-learning.
- The College has the largest Book Bank in Delhi University which renders service to students by providing them with textbooks for the whole academic session.
In-House Stationary And Souvenir Shop:
- The College have a Souvenir and Stationary shop.
- Souvenir Shop shares College Momentos, Coffee Mugs printed with beautiful college picture, Metal Keychains with precisely engraved college logo and motto - Live By Love and other memorable gift items as a souvenir.
- Stationary Shop has all necessary stationary items for everybody. This serves as a substitute of nearby outside market shops and students are now very well satisfied having all such resources in their own college.
Faculty Mentor Scheme:
- The college introduced the faculty mentor scheme in the academic session 2007-08. Under this scheme each student admitted to the college is attached with one faculty member who would be his guide and counsellor for his entire period of stay in the college.
- Students are encouraged to discuss any issues or problems - academic or personal, with their respective faculty mentors. like the older days of 'Gurukul' this scheme aims at building a good student-teacher relationship, in addition to solving the day to day or any long term problems the students may be facing in college or in their personal life.
The college has up-to-date technologies such as
- intranet online access to internal assessment and attendance records for students and faculty,
- computer labs and
- a well equipped multi-media library.
- college auditorium with a capacity of 450 seats
- Audio-visual Room especially for workshops and seminars
- One of the first colleges to create this facility, this year the College has launched a new initiative: Individual students can now directly access their assessment and attendance records.
- The USP of this scheme lies in the fact that it does not need to rely on necessarily expensive smart cards. The college provides all information free of charge.
Canteen & Chaat Corner:
- The college has a hygienically maintained canteen which provides healthy food. the college believes in providing a healthy and wholesome food/snacks to our children and the spirit is well reflected in the canteen menu. We discourage carbonated drinks and junk foods. Fresh juices are made available in the canteen. There is separate chaat corner, providing traditionally famous “Jumma Chaat”, chole and other delicacies, a legacy of the Old Delhi College.
- Keeping the same health consciousness in our mind, we were the first college of Delhi University to declare our campus Pan Masala, Gutkha and Tobacco free, three years back.
- The College has a very dedicated Garden Committee, which ensures a round-the-year green campus and each year the college bags many prizes in the ‘Delhi University Flower Show'.
- In the Golden Jubilee Flower Show 2008, College was a proud recipient of Vallabbhai Patel Chest Institute Cup for Roses, The Kalindi College Trophy for best entry of Hanging basket of Pothos; apart from 50 other prizes in different categories. Items such as grafted cacti, succulents, and hanging sedum basket drew much attention.
- The Garden Committee is also maintaining an eco-friendly environment by vermicomposting and solid waste management. College also houses a beautiful rock garden.