St Stephens College, Delhi University, New Delhi
St. Stephen's College is a religious foundation drawing inspiration from the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. It aims at helping its members realize spiritual and moral as well as intellectual and aesthetic values.Founded on 1 February 1881, St. Stephen's is the oldest college in Delhi. It was first affiliated to Calcutta University, and later to Punjab University. Finally, with the establishment of Delhi University in 1922, it became one of its three original constituent colleges.The College began with just five student and three teachers in a small house in Katra Khushal Rai, near Kinari Bazar in Chandni Chowk. From 1891 to 1941 it was housed in the building now hosted by Delhi College of Engineering, near St. James Church inside Kashmere Gate. In 1941 it shifted to its present site in the university Enclave. The present buildings of the College, with the exception of a few later additions, were designed by the distinguished architect Walter George.
Departments within St Stephens College, Delhi University, New Delhi
Contact details of St Stephens College, Delhi University, New Delhi
Address: University Enclave, North Campus, Delhi, 110007
Phone number: 011 2766 7271