SJMSOM IIT Bombay Facilities
Shailesh J Mehta School of Management Mumbai is equipped with the most modern state-of-the-art facilities. The SJMSOM building is a modern structure with classrooms, seminar halls, computer labs, Wi-Fi enabled lobbies and wide-open spaces for discussions and events. Further details about Shailesh J Mehta School of Management infrastructure are mentioned below.
- SJMSOM Mumbai has air-conditioned classrooms and seminar rooms with a horseshoe-shaped design to facilitate discussions and debates.
- The classrooms are equipped with audio-visual aids & internet connectivity to enhance group discussions and learning.
- The classrooms offer a convenient environment for the faculty to give the students a better experience.
- SJMSOM IIT Bombay has more than 6638 books, 337 audio-visual materials (CDs and audio cassettes), 514 thesis & dissertations, 55 MDP reports.
- In addition, the SJMSOM library also has over 5000 book titles in the management area and subscribes to around 38 journals in various areas of relevance.
- The SJMSOM library also has subscriptions to many full-text electronic journals through leading sources such as Elsevier Science Direct, Emerald and ProQuest ABI / INFORM, EBSCO, Euro monitor.
- The faculty and students have access to many data and information sources useful in teaching and research. These include the Prowess, Business Beacon database from the Center for Monitoring the Indian Economy (CMIE), which is considered the standard for Indian macroeconomic and industry data, and Capital Line, which provides detailed market and financial information CII Directory, which provides various lists of companies.
- Other sources to which the School subscribes include Cuenca and Capital Stock and Prime database.
- SJMSOM Mumbai has two computer labs for the management program students with some new hardware and software acquisition.
- With these acquisitions, the SJMSOM lab now has around 139 PCs for general student use, individual PCs for faculty and research scholars, 4 mail, web, and file servers, 30+ printers, 1 copier printer, 7 LCD projectors, and more.
- The college also has a range of industry-standard application software that includes statistical software (SAS), SPSS & Minitab.
- All computers are networked through a switched 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN, which is connected to the gigabit ethernet backbone of the institute.
- The central mail server receives 65000 emails each day and Gigabit Network throughout the campus, including hostels.
Auditorium: The campus has air-conditioned seminar halls and a 150 seat auditorium for conducting seminars, MDPs, and conferences. Besides, it provides access to the three large auditoriums within the campus.
- The Convocation hall (Dikshaanth Sabhagruh): Cultural activities like performing arts festival, the mood I, socials, etc., and the year-end and weekend movies and live cricket and football action are conducted in the convocation hall.
- P C Saxena Lecture Theatre: This air-conditioned hall with accommodation for 250 people is mostly used for lectures, seminars, and conferences. Such luminaries have graced it as Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, Mr Richard Stallman, Mr Rajat Gupta, etc.
- KReSIT Auditorium: This spacious auditorium part of the neighbouring Kanwal Rekhi School of Information Technology (KReSIT) is also a part of Shailesh J Mehta School of Management Mumbai.