About Sardar Patel College of Engineering, [SPCE] Mumbai
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Sardar Patel College of Engineering (SPCE) was established in 1962 as a Government Aided Engineering College. It was started with three conventional courses. viz., Civil, Electrical and Mechanical with an intake of 40 in each branch which was subsequently increased to 60. The institute is permanently affiliated to University of Mumbai.
SPCE was the only institute offering four year Part Time (Evening) Degree Courses in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical branches to encourage serving diploma engineers to improve their qualifications and update their knowledge. The next stage in development aimed at raising the level of the institute to Post Graduate by starting Post Graduate Course in Civil and Mechanical. The institute introduced first P. G. course namely M.E. (Civil) with Structural Engineering Subjects in the year 1988 with the aid from Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. Subsequently Post Graduate Program in Mechanical Engineering disciplines was also introduced.
Over the last 50 years the college has gained an excellent reputation in the field of Technical Education. S.P.C.E. Grade "A" rating engineering college from Govt. of Maharashtra has maintained a proud tradition of excellent academic records by securing high ranks, gold medals and other awards in the University Exams. The college has produced many graduates and Post-graduate Engineers, many of our past students are now leaders in their professions. S.P.C.E. Alumni can be found in all public and private sector organizations operating in diverse fields, often holding senior and key positions in the organization.
The institute is a recognized PhD and QIP center. It has become autonomous since 2010 and is one of the TEQIP- II institutes.
Sardar patel college of engineering (spce) aspires to be an institution of national repute that will create professionals with competence and motivate research for the progress of the nation.
- To impart quality education through time relevant curriculum in academic programs.
- To enhance career opportunities for students through industry institute interaction & value added courses.
- To promote excellence by encouraging innovative ideas and lateral thinking.
- To inculcate sense of discipline and responsibility towards society.
- To achieve & maintain excellence in education & research.
- To develop & enhance industry institute interaction both at student & faculty level.
- To modernize laboratories to keep abreast with the needs of the changing curriculum & research activities.
- To build up the institution through interaction with alumni & interdepartmental activities.
- To encourage continuous upgradation of skills at all levels through training programmes.
Why Join Sardar Patel College of Engineering
- Approximately 99% of the eligible students gets placed every year
- Autonomous institute
- Courses affiliated to University of Mumbai and approved by AICTE
- Collaboration with TCS for workshop programs
- Research paper published by faculty in national/international journals and conferences
- Conducts in-plant training and industrial visits