About Padmashri DrVithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundations Medical College, [PDVPFMC] Ahmednagar
About Padmashri DrVithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundations Medical College, [PDVPFMC] Ahmednagar:
The extreme shortage of medical facilities promoted Padmashree Dr Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation to establish Medical College at Vilad Ghat, Ahmednagar in 2004. Under the able guidance and mature insight of the founder Padmabhushan Balasaheb Vikhe Patil, the institute has acquired remarkable achievements both in terms of academic & health services at grass root level. The College offers an undergraduate course in Medicine (MBBS) with an intake of 150 students per year. The institute is recognised by Medical Council of India, New Delhi in December 2008.The Medical complex is situated in an area of 33 acres in the beautiful scenario of Vilad Ghat, Ahmednagar. The college also offers Post Graduate Medical Course in the following disciplines from 2011. The institute is also recognised for PhD Centre in 3 disciplines.
Key facts of the Padmashri DrVithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundations Medical College, [PDVPFMC] Ahmednagar:
Anti ragging committee: The committee members have to visit the Hostel, College Campus, Regularly at different times in 24Hrs. at convenient times. The committee will promote the awareness steps/measures for prevention of ragging.
Awards and achievements: Department of Microbiology, Dr Sudheer Kher received Dr MB Soparkar silver medal for outstanding research in the field of Microbiology for the year 1989 during AFMRC Conference in Feb 1990.
- A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
- A candidate belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
- No rounding off of the marks secured by the candidate will be done in the individual subject or final total while converting marks of the individual subject out of 100 or total marks out of 300. For example, if the total of the marks in three subjects comes to 149 out of 300, the percentage comes to 49.66 that will not qualify the candidate.
- The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination i.e. HSC or equivalent in March/April–2013 are also eligible to appear for Asso-CET 2013, provided they must fulfil the eligibility conditions.
- The eligibility conditions may vary in accordance with Judicial Pronouncements and orders issued by appropriate Authorities from time to time.
Departments within the Padmashri DrVithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundations Medical College, [PDVPFMC] Ahmednagar:
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Ophthalmology
Contact details of the Padmashri DrVithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundations Medical College, [PDVPFMC] Ahmednagar: