About BPHE Society's Ahmednagar College, [BPHESAC] Ahmednagar
Ahmednagar College was founded in 1947 by the late Dr.B.P.Hivale with the support and co-operation of the American Marathi Mission, Bombay, the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, Boston, Minnepolis, Minnesota, the late Mr. William H. Danforth of St. Louis, Missouri and a number of other individual friends and groups.
In the sixty years of its existence, its strength has grown from 300 students to more than 7,000 in the current year.It is situated on a 55 acre campus in the heart of Ahmednagar City, where a physical plant has come up to college campus.
Ahmednagar College, the first and the oldest institution of Ahmednagar District. A premier institution of learning for traditional as well as new-age subjects, the name of the college is synonymous with Quality Education. It is affiliated to the University of Pune.
The NAAC Committee has commended the College for the quality of education provided, for students support and welfare programmes, for excellence in research and academic activities, for the sound and enthusiatic Management and for the harmonious atmosphere on the campus. Ahmednagar College got the 'Best College Award' from the University of Pune in Feb 2006.
Not Things but ,I DAre You , You shall Know the Truth.
"Ahemednagar College is Committed to providing equal opportunity for quality education to students of deserve backgrounds developing in them itellectual curiosity and devotion to knowledge ,empowering them with the resources of their own and other cultures and inspiring them to serve mankind and become responsible citizens of India and World"
- College with Potential for Excellence Award by UGC, New Delhi in September 2011
- Best College Award by University of Pune in 2006
- College is NAAC accredited 'A' grade college in 200
- Rev. Prof . Joseph Barnabas was conferred with the Coveted Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar by University of Pune in 2005
- Late Dr. John Barnabas was awarded the prestigious Bhatnagar Award
- Dr. Mrs. Sarala Barnabas has won the Prestigious Woman of the Year Award, instituted by the American Biographical Institute in 2003. She also won the Institute's Medal of Honour the next year
- Dr R.J Barnabas, The Principal has been awarded Jewel of India Award by Indian Solidarity Council, New Delhi in Aug 2006;He has been awarded Rajiv Gandhi Shiromani Award by National Integration & Economic Council in year 2006