Midnapore Medical College and Hospital [MMC&H] Medinipur, West Bengal was established in 2004. The College, as well as, the Hospital is under the affiliation of West Bengal University of Health Science. Since 2005, every year the College is improving in all facets of development and has reached a prestigious position. It is equipped with the required modern equipment, departments of specializations, faculties, and facilities for providing the best educational service to the people.
The college is approved by the Medical Council of India, Government of India, New Delhi. Midnapore Medical College and Hospital is affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Science. Midnapore Medical College and Hospital, [MMC&H] Medinipur offers diploma courses, undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes across streams such as Medicine, Surgery and Paramedicine. 7 specializations at the Diploma level, 9 at the postgraduate level under MD and MS courses and M.B.B.S and BA Nursing and Midwifery offer plenty of opportunities to students.
The diploma courses offered by the college are across different streams relevant to the field of medicine. These vocation-oriented courses can be pursued in the field of lab technology, nursing and paramedicine. Following is the detailed list of the courses-
|DMLT||Diploma in Medical lab Technology [MLT]|
|DRD||Diploma in Radiography|
|D.Opt||Diploma in Optometry with Ophthalmic Technique|
|DCCT||Diploma in Critical Care Technology|
|DDT||Diploma in Dialysis Technology|
|Diploma||Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology|
There are a total of 70 seats available for the aforementioned 7 courses combined, the duration of each Diploma being 2 years, followed by 6 months of compulsory post examination training.
At the undergraduate level, the institute offers a course in M.B.B.S which is for a duration of 4 years and 6 months, followed by one year of internship. The BA Nursing & Midwifery course is for a duration of 4 years. Both UG courses are full-time, on campus courses.
|BA||Nursing and Midwifery|
Admission to the institute for undergraduate courses is through based on previous academic record and the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam.
85% of total seats in the undergraduate courses is reserved for candidates entering through this entrance and the remaining 15% of seats is open to All India students, who may apply through the NEET examination.
|BA Nursing and Midwifery||
At the postgraduate level, the college offers two degrees- Master of Surgery [MS] and Doctor of Medicine [MD]. there are a total of 9 disciplines under these two courses combined. The MS course is offered in 4 different specializations and the MD course can be pursued in any of 5 specializations. Details are as given below-
|MS||Gynaecology & Obstetrics [G&O], Ophthalmology, ENT, General Surgery|
|MD||Paediatrics, General Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine [FSM]|
The duration of the postgraduate courses is 2 years.
|MMC&H College Contact Details|
|Address||Midnapore Medical College and Hospital
Vidyasagar Road , Paschim Medinipur,
West Bengal, India - 721 101
(West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata)
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria||Exams Accepted||Admission Form|
|MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery]||-||
|MD [Doctorate of Medicine]||-||-|
|MS [Master of Surgery]||-||-|
What are the Diploma courses offered by the college?
Folowing are the diploma courses offered- Diploma- Medical lab Technology [MLT] DRD- Diploma in Radiography D.Opt- Diploma in Optometry with Ophthalmic Technique DCCT- Diploma in Critical Care Technology DDT- Diploma in Dialysis Technology Diploma- Operation Theatre Technology Diploma- ECG Technician
What are the UG courses offered?
At the undergraduate level, the college offers - M.B.B.S and B.A in Nursing Midwifery
What is the eligibility for MD/MS at MMC&H?
Eligibility is an M.B.B.S degree, having completed 4 years and 6 months of study, and the final year of internship. Admission to the course is through the NEET-PG examination.
Based on 2 Verified Reviews
Fees and Scholarship
Placements & Internships
Manabendra | Master of Science [M.Sc], batch of 2017
Reviewed on Apr 16, 2018
This it good progress of my course I love it. this is very helpful for me