About Lord Mahavira Nursing College, Solan
Lord Mahavira College has been established under Vardhman Educational Society, Nalagarh Regd. under SRA, 1860 with a view to prepare nurses who serve the humanity with dedication. Lord Mahavira Nursing College is 1st pioneer institute for nursing education in Himachal Pradesh offering GNM & B.SC Nursing courses. Our college is approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi, Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council (HPNRC) Shimla & Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla. For our high standards we have been accreted an ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate.
We believe that the basic course in Nursing should prepare Nurses for first level positions in Nursing both in the hospital and in the community. Our concept of Nursing is based on the definition of INC of the unique function of the Nurse which is
"To assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or to recovery (or to peaceful death) that he would perform unaided if he had the necessary strength, will or knowledge, And to do this in such a way as to help him gain independence as rapidly as possible".
We have a responsibility in helping the students to develop pride in the profession and in guiding them with respect to their future in Nursing and their all-round development.
Why to join Lord Mahavira Nursing College, Solan, Himachal Pradesh?
- Facilities: The College has state of the art facilities under one roof. It has its own hospital to cater to the medical needs of the students of the college. It also provides facilities like labs for every department, library stacked with books, journals, periodicals, case studies, sports and games area, furnished hostel with mess facilities to provide a comfortable stay to the students.
- Faculties: A group of devoted medical professionals started the college with the aim to provide qualitative education in nursing. The college employs experienced and highly qualified faculties. It is in the course of collaborating with a number of international nursing forums. They have B.Sc Nursing, and M.Sc Nursing teachers. All the faculties are devoted, dedicated, and experienced for nursing as a profession and works hard to accomplish the moto of the society. There are regular visits of guest faculties who are highly qualified scholars, which bring their researches to classrooms.
- Indian Nursing Council (INC) New Delhi
- Himachal Pradesh Nursing Council (HPNRC), Shimla
- Himachal Pradesh university (HPU) Shimla
- An 9001:2008 approved Institute
For more details about admission please contact :-
President : Dr. Ajit Pal Jain +91 98160 99369
Director : Dr. Ashima Jain +91 98160 43669
Reception : 01795 220728
Office : 01795 222838
Fax : 01795 222838
E-Mail [email protected]