Ismail Saheb Mulla Law College, Satara, was established in the year 1968. It is run by Rayat Shikshan Sanstha is one of the leading educational institutions in Asia. The college is committed to promote quality education enhancing academic excellence and professional advocacy skills ensuring all round development of students. They thought that education should become the real force for liberation of the masses from social and religious bondage and should further become an instrument of National integration. The main motive is to provide opportunities of legal education to masses including the people from rural area and to develop legal educational institution for spreading legal literacy among people to facilitate accomplishment of democratic aspirations of people.
We are committed to promote quality legal education enhancing academic excellence and professional advocacy skills ensuring all round development of students. We offer value based education, fostering global competencies among students and inculcating in them, respect for the rule of law, nationalism, dignity of labour and values to serve the humanity. We strive to nurture them to become worthy and caring citizens as well as legal technicians in the task of social engineering and to become responsive to the aspirations of people, in using legal services with duty and responsibility towards the society.
- To provide quality legal education to law students regarding legal concepts, substantive & procedural laws, modes of legal reasoning, process of law making , dispute settlement & justice delivery system.
- To motivate law students to understand law including its Social, Economical, Political & Scientific dimensions and to use the legal services to build dynamic social reforms by moulding public opinion.
- To create opportunities for all round development of all students encouraging them to pursue Legal & Socio-Legal research.
- To promote respect for rule of law & administration of justice, to strive for high standards of professional etiquettes & expertise & to promote continuous professional development of law students through practical training.
- To create legal awareness about constitutionalism & democratic principles among people, to make them vigilant about the fundamental rights & Civil responsibilities through various legal literacy programmes, legal aid camps & sensitization activities.
- To provide skilled & expert legal professionals & judges of high merit for efficient justice delivery systems who will be sensitive to wants & aspirations of people & will respond accordingly, to use the legal services to build dynamic social reforms by moulding public opinion.
- To create awareness in various areas such as consumer protection, environmental justice through sustainable development, human rights, gender justice, alternative dispute resolution system for peaceful settlement of disputes etc.
- To provide legal aid & counselling services to masses at grass root level.
- To foster insight into rights & obligations under international law & to generate respect for world community considering oneness of mankind, universality & equality of human rights.
- To provide opportunities of legal education to masses including the people from rural area.
- To develop legal educational institution for spreading legal literacy among people to facilitate accomplishment of democratic aspirations of people.
- To generate the source of legal aid in the form of devoted lawyers and judges for enforcing the rights of people and in particular to bring justice within the reach of poor, needy and illiterates.
- To develop social awareness through legal institution, regarding the knowledge of legal rights, ways and means to enforce them, civic responsibilities and fundamental duties, social reforms and to promote peace and order in the society.
- To foster all-round development of the students along-with improving their professional excellence in the legal field with socially responsible attitude among them.
- To aim at wider goals and enabling law students to understand and assimilate responsibility as a member of legal profession in the administration of law, in the reforms of law, in the protection of individual rights, public interests, and assisting them in the training and preparation of the budding lawyers in the court.
Vision, Mission and objectives are communicated to the students, teachers, staff and other stake holders through its display at conspicuous place in the college and publication in prospectus and website.