Government Medical College, Amritsar: Courses, Fees, Facilities


Latest Updates for Government Medical College, Amritsar

  • 13 June 2024 :

    NEET 2024 re-exam is scheduled for Jun 23, 2024. The result will be issued on Jun 30, 2024.

Government Medical College, Amritsar was founded in 1864 as a Medical School in Lahore. It was later relocated to Amritsar in 1920. The college has earned trust and goodwill for itself in the field of medical education and patient care in the region. It is recognized by the Medical Council of India [MCI].

Government Medical College, Amritsar has evolved as a nursery of medical teachers and specialized physicians who have served in the country to serve as key participants in private as well as public sectors of healthcare.

Table of Contents

GMC Amritsar Quick Insights

GMC Amritsar highlights such as year of establishment, university type, approvals, facilities, etc., are mentioned below

Government Medical College, Amritsar

Year of Establishment


Type of University



Baba Farid University of health sciences, Faridkotand

Campus Area

163 acres

Courses/ Degrees Offered

UG, PG, Diploma

Infrastructure Facilities

Hostel, Library, Cafeteria, Sports Complex



GMC Amritsar Ranking

College Ranking is based on How Parents and Students Preferred Government Medical College, Amritsar during NEET UG 2021 MCC and state counseling.

  • GMC Amritsar has 83rd rank in all India Ranking
  • GMC Amritsar has 76th rank in NRI Ranking
  • GMC Amritsar has 3rd rank in Punjab State Ranking

GMC Amritsar Courses

GMC Amritsar offers different courses in various fields consisting including medical. Some of the courses offered by the university are listed below





GMC Amritsar Departments

GMC Amritsar has many departments covering Medical. Listed below are the various departments available in the college



General Medicine











Community Medicine

TB & Respiratory


Forensic Medicine



General Surgery


General Nursing 



GMC Amritsar Admission

GMC Amritsar admission 2022 is based on an entrance examination that is conducted by the university. The mode of the examination is online. Mediciti Institute of Medical Sciences PG and UG admission are begun by filling up the online application form with the correct details.

  • GMC Amritsar offers admissions to MBBS programs based on NEET UG scores, and to M.D and M.S programs based on NEET PG scores. 
  • Students also need to register and qualify for the All India level counseling conducted to offer admissions to various medical colleges in India based on NEET scores.

GMC Amritsar Eligibility Criteria

GMC Amritsar offers various courses in the Medical to name a few. Admission to the courses is based on eligibility criteria failing to which students are not allowed to apply for the courses offered by the GMC Amritsar. Below is a list of a few courses offered by the GMC Amritsar with their eligibility criteria

MBBS Eligibility Criteria

  • Candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCB along with English as a subject as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research
  • Admission to the MBBS course is given on the basis of the candidate's merit in NEET-UG 

MD Eligibility Criteria

  • The candidates are eligible for Entrance after the completion of the internship. The admission is through the Punjab Post Graduate Test for 75% of the seats and AIPMT for the remaining 25% of the seats.
  • Admission to the MBBS course is given on the basis of the candidate's merit in NEET-PG

MS Eligibility Criteria

  • The candidates are eligible for Entrance after the completion of the internship. The admission is through the Punjab Post Graduate Test for 75% of the seats and AIPMT for the remaining 25% of the seats.
  • Admission to the MBBS course is given on the basis of the candidate's merit in NEET-PG

Read More: GMC Admission

Why Choose GMC Amritsar?

government colleges have more patient exposure and less fees as compared to private colleges. they can learn more about treatment options and deal with various types of cases. however, it also depends on the location and the infrastructure of the college. 

GMC Amritsar Academic Advantages

  • Highly professional and qualified teachers are available. The course curriculum is very much relevant.
  • Internships make students ready for jobs. Semester exams are moderate.

GMC Amritsar Cutoff

Every year Government Medical College, Amritsar admissions are conducted for the students on the basis of the cut-off declared by Government Medical College, Amritsar. you can find Government Medical College, Amritsar 2022 cut-offs, for all courses offered by the college. Cut-off data available will help you to apply for MD, MBBS, and MS courses in Government Medical College, Amritsar

  • The number of candidates who appeared for the entrance examination.
  • Previous year cutoff statistics.
  • The number of seats available for the course.
  • Number of Applicants for a course

Read More: GMC Cutoff

GMC Amritsar Infrastructure

Government Medical College, Amritsar campus offers necessary facilities for students and staff. Facilities like canteen, ATM, etc are offered on the campus. The university offers sports facilities to the students. Given below are the facilities offered

  • Hostel
  • Library
  • Cafeteria
  • Sports Complex
  • Auditorium
  • Labs

Read More: GMC Infrastructure

GMC Amritsar Placements

Government Medical College, Amritsar, has acquired a place of pride through its quality education in the medical field. The students of GMC has emerged as key participant in private and public health care to meet the medical needs of the nation. GMC has been included in the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana project which has made the institute proud and has led to the enhancement of providing better health care and research programs.

Read more: GMC Placements

GMC Amritsar Alumni

GMC Amritsar alumni are spread all over the world and contribute to the alumni association for the further development of the university. All the alumni are performing well in their professional lives. The Alumni fund is used in university development and scholarship for students. 

Notable Alumni


Inderbir Singh Najjar 

Indian politician and the MLA from Amritsar

Randhir Sud

Indian gastroenterologist

Jaswant Singh Neki


Tavpritesh Sethi

physician-scientist and Associate Professor of Computational Biology 

Narinder Kumar Mehra

Indian immunologist,

Government Medical College, Amritsar Highlights

Affiliate University BFUHS
Institution Type Public
Total Faculty 152
Total Area (In Acre) 163
Year of Establishment 1943
Recognised by MCI

Government Medical College, Amritsar Student Diversity

Category PWD General General
Male 1 1
Female 1 1
Total 2 2

Government Medical College, Amritsar Courses & Fees 2024

Course Average Fees Duration
BSc -- 3 Years
BMLT -- 3 Years
MBBS ₹2,23,000 5 Years 5 Months
MD ₹33,000 3 Years
MSc -- 2 Years
M.S ₹33,000 3 Years

Government Medical College, Amritsar Courses and Fee Structure

Filter By:

Courses offered by Government Medical College, Amritsar

Exams Accepted by Government Medical College, Amritsar


Exam Date: May 05, 2024

Government Medical College, Amritsar Reviews

Overall Rating



Distribution of Rating

>4-5 star


>3-4 star


>2-3 star


1-2 star


Academics & Faculty


Fees & Scholarships


Placements & Internships


College Infrastructure & Hostel Facilities


Clubs & Associations


Deepanshugarry915 Batch 2023 MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery]
Reviewed on Nov 28, 2020
4 Placements
3.5 Fees
4 Academics

Placements & Internships : Internships are the time when a student gets to learn the most out of the curriculum. Internships in medical colleges is very rigorous, and students have to attend different departments in the institution to gather expertise required furthe

Read More

Love Gill Batch 2019 MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery]
Reviewed on Jul 13, 2019
3.5 Fees
4 Academics
3 Infrastructure
3 Campus

Entrance Exams & Admissions : Eligibility criteria is NEET-UG Qualified and admission procedure is to submit documents of previous 10,12 and neet result card. The entrance exam i gave NEET-UG The minimum marks required to pass in mb

Read More

Gaifi Singla Batch 2022 MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery]
Reviewed on Jun 27, 2019
4 Placements
4 Fees
4.5 Academics
3.5 Infrastructure
1.5 Campus

Placements & Internships : Placements are not for doctors. It simply depends on your NEET PG score & college from where you take your specialist degree. Doctors generally earn well.

Entrance Exams & Admissions : My college provides many courses for students in the

Read More

Deepak Kalyan Batch 2018 BSc [Bachelor of Science]
Reviewed on Feb 15, 2018
2 Placements
2.5 Fees
2.5 Academics
2.5 Infrastructure
2.5 Campus

Placements & Internships : Final year includes internship but no stipend. Health sector average salary is INR 70,000 per month in India lowest is 8000. Alumni network is good.

Entrance Exams & Admissions : 10+2 in the medical stream above 70%. Counseling based on merit ba

Read More

Nipun Nagpal Batch 2018 MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery]
Reviewed on Dec 12, 2017
3.5 Placements
3.5 Fees
2.5 Academics
1.5 Infrastructure
1.5 Campus

Placements & Internships : Internship in the attached hospital, Stipend near 9000 INR per month. Average salary figures ranging from INR 20,000 to 40,000 INR for a month. Alumni network strong from GMC.

Entrance Exams & Admissions : National Eligibility and Entrance Test

Read More

View All Reviews

Gallery View All

Other Colleges under BFUHS

Similar Science Colleges View All

Explore Nearby Colleges View All