Apart from Pune, many other districts are offering a good education platform, which includes Nagpur, Mumbai, to name a few. It is one of India’s leading B.Tech program destinations. On being an emerging destination and the first choice for many corporates and other industries, such as entertainment or media houses, and financial companies. It is also a hub of education in management, technology, and allied sectors. Apart from being named a business and trade metropolis, Mumbai has excellent Institutes and universities, making it the best place to study. According to their interests, being home to more than 80+ Universities and Research Institutes, students seek quality education in all fields. The colleges offer various full-time B.Tech courses in Maharashtra that is a gateway to a career in Engineering. These courses are for four years. This article will discuss the list of Top Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra according to the NIRF 2020 Ranking and go in further detail.
List of Topics:
Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Overview:
Maharashtra is a home to prestigious institutes to pursue a B.Tech course like the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Bombay), Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) in Mumbai, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) in Nagpur, College of Engineering (COEP) in Pune; Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai; Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University (BVDU), Pune, etc. B.Tech degree is offered across various specializations. A few of the most prominent ones are as follows:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Food Technology
There are more than 540 engineering colleges in Maharashtra that offer full-time, part-time, distance-learning, and an online mode of study. Out of these, the top 20 engineering colleges in Maharashtra ranked by NIRF offer degree courses in all full-time study methods. Some of these colleges offer dual degree specializations as well. The colleges providing dual specialization in Computer Science and Engineering are Rajarambapu Institute of Technology in Kolhapur, H. Raisoni College of Engineering in Nagpur, IIT Bombay, and MIT WPU, Pune.
List of Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra:
Find below the list of Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra for an engineering program.
- IIT Bombay
- College of Engineering Pune [COEP]
- ICT Mumbai [Institute of Chemical Technology]
- VJTI Mumbai [Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute]
- Government College of Engineering Aurangabad
- NITIE Mumbai [National Institute of Industrial Engineering]
- Government Polytechnic Thane
- GCOE Amravati [Government College of Engineering]
- Sir J.J College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Government College of Engineering Karad [GCE]
- DIAT Pune [Defense Institute of Advanced Technology]
- Savitribai Phule Pune University [SPPU], Pune
- Government College of Engineering and Research Pune
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, [MPKV] Pune
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, [YCMOU] Nasik
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, [RTMNU] Nagpur
- Indian Maritime University, [IMU] Mumbai Port Campus
Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Ranking:
The 5 universities on the list above fall under the top 100 NIRF 2020 Ranking in the engineering category. Find the rankings of the colleges below.
|Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra||NIRF'20 Ranking|
Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Eligibility 2020:
The eligibility criteria for the B.Tech courses may differ from college to college. However, there are a few essential eligibility criteria for B.Tech, which are as follows:
- The candidates must have passed Class 12 with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their core subjects (the pass percentage may vary in different colleges)
- Basing the candidate's admission on merit, written exam, and a round of Group Discussion or Personal Interview, and it goes from college to college.
Apart from merit-based admission of candidates in the Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra, the colleges also accept national and state-level entrance exams, which are JEE Main, MHT CET, JEE Advanced, etc.
Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Scope 2020:
B.Tech opens different horizons for the students in the Engineering industry. With the engineering industry's growing demand, B.Tech students can bag excellent opportunities in the public and private sectors. Some of the job profiles that on completing B.Tech are:
|B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering||Professor, Computer Programmer, Engineering Support Specialist, R&D Applications Engineer|
|B.Tech in Information Technology||Information Technology Officer, Lecturer, Database Manager, Web Developer|
|B.Tech in Industrial Engineering||Process Engineer, Ergonomist, Quality Engineer, Industrial Manager|
|B.Tech in Software Engineering||Software Engineer, Software Testing Engineer, Software Quality Engineer, Multimedia Display Software Engineer|
|B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineer, Process Development Technologist, Design Engineer, Researcher|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics Technician, Field Technician, Test Technician, Firstline Technician|
|B.Tech in Computer Science||Computer Engineer, Software Engineer, Researcher, Computer Network Engineer|
|B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering||Aerospace Engineer, Aerospace Designer Checker, Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer|
|B.Tech in Electronics Engineering||Electronics Engineer, Electrical Manager, Professor, Maintenance Engineer|
|B.Tech in Architecture Engineering||Construction Estimator, Building Inspector, Construction Project Manager, Technical Architect|
Study Scope: The students who are investing in higher education yield a long-term benefit. Some students can opt for programs like MTech / ME and MS, and some go on to do business administration courses like MBA.
- Many universities in India conduct their admission test, but the most common exam for the M.Tech admission is the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) examination.
- Many students also go for an MS degree from a foreign university. The student will have to clear TOEFL/IELTS (English proficiency tests) and GRE to get scholarships.
- The most common exam for MBA admission is the national level exam called the Common Admission Test (CAT) examination.
Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Fee Structure 2020:
Most of the Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra have a fee range of 1 to 5 Lakhs per annum. The private colleges in Maharashtra's fee can go up to 10 LPA. Some of the Government Colleges like IIT Bombay has an annual fee of more than 5 LPA. The list below will show the comparison and difference in terms of fee structure of Top Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra and Private.
|Annual Fee Range||Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra|