Acharya Jawadekar College of Education, Kolhapur started its first academic session in 1956. The college, which is spread over an area of 65 acres of land, is affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur. It has also gained the recognition from National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Bhopal. Working under the guidance and sponsorship of Shri Mouni Vidyapeeth, one year of full-time undergraduate degree level Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) course is conducted by the institution.
Accredited B++ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Acharya Jawadekar College of Education also offers Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) and M. Phil in education of Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nashik. The college boasts of facilitating the students with all mandatory infrastructures.
Not the training of intellect but the refinement of heart and discipline of the spirit commanding glob vision perspective.
Preparation of creative and dynamic teaching professionals striving for perfection and settle for excellence.
Punctuality, Democracy, Equity of sexes, Dignity of labour, scientific temper, social commitment and cohesion, self discipline, protection of human rights& International Understanding
- To provide competency , commitment and performance based teacher training.
- To Promote National Values, social cohesion, international understanding and protection of human rights.
- To Sensitize the trainee teachers about emerging issues such as environment, population, gender equality, legal literacy and ICT literacy.
- To Cultivate rational thinking and scientific temper among trainee teachers.
- To Develop managerial and organizational skills for an effective school professional.
Why To Join Acharya Jawadekar College Of Education (AJCOE), Kolhapur?
- History: AJCOE was established in 1956 by Shri Mouni Vidyapeeth, acclaimed by NAAC National Assessment and Accreditation Council. The college is the most honored and highly recognized training and learning institute of the state. The college promotes National Values & Ethics, Human Rights and protection and social coherence and provides world class devotion, dedication and diligence.
- Courses Offered: Master of Education, Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Education, Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Certificated courses in Information Technology, Certificate course in Journalism.
- Available College Facilities: Infrastructure of the college is modern and is well equipped. Computer Laboratories are provided with high speed fee internet access, LAN system, Broadband facility with 512 Kbps. Classrooms with loudspeakers and LED projectors and Library with wide range of books, journals, e-books & e-journals and internet facility. Canteen with low price refreshments, hostels provided with best food quality and laundry. Transportation facility for daily movement of students.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone No. Office :- (02324) 220079
Fax :- (02324) 220654
Mobile No. :- 09421110279