Get complete information on Upcoming Bank Exams for 2021 in India. Check the upcoming bank exams syllabus, notification, eligibility, age limit, preparation tips, notification, pattern and latest news.
Banking institutions such as IBPS, SBI, and RBI supervise Bank Exams for several positions such as Clerk, PO, SO, Junior Associate, etc. This article will give you an idea of the upcoming bank exams 2021 full list.
Job security and career growth are a job seeker's top preferences. Knowing that you will always have a steady source of income is a key motivator for the average job-seeker, and bank jobs contribute just that. Hence, bank exams see a growing number of aspirants appear every year. This is one of the main reasons people prefer bank jobs. Every year, various private and government banks in India conduct bank exams for recruitment. Interested aspirants must take up these bank exams and qualify to get a bank job.
The whole bank recruitment process is in two parts - a written test and an interview. The bank exams' written tests are moderate in terms of exam difficulty. However, candidates can clear them with sufficient practice, training and preparation. You can find the bank exams syllabus on Getmyuni along with other information associated with the bank exams. That being said, the interview is the deciding factor that segregates candidates and future employees.
Some of the banking establishments that conduct bank exams are:
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- State Bank of India
- Reserve Bank of India
- India Post Payments Bank
Table of Contents
- Bank Exams Latest Notifications 2021
- Best Books for Bank Exams Preparation
- Bank Exams Previous Years Question Papers
Bank Exams Latest Notifications 2021
The Covid-19 pandemic has swept the nation and caused a giant pause in the recruitment procedure for private and government banks. IBPS has released an official notification for rural banks in July for candidates to check and list the bank jobs available. With over 10000 job vacancies, aspirants can start applying as per the date mentioned in the table below.
The bank exam announcement includes the upcoming bank exams for IBPS RRB, RBI Assistant mains, NABARD posts, LIC and SBI Clerk Mains. The RBI Grade B and SBI PO bank exam notification will be declared later on in the bank exam calendar 2021. Candidates can check back here for updates as they come for the official bank exam notification.
The table below also comprises cooperative bank exam date for different institutions:
|IBPS PO||Online Registration||To be announced|
|Release of Admit Card|
|Prelims Exam Dates|
|Mains Exam Date|
|IBPS Clerk||Online Registration||To be announced|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Prelims Exam Dates||August 28/29, 2021 and September 4/5, 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||October 31, 2021|
|IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Recruitment||Online Registration||July 1 to July 21, 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||July 20, 2021 to exam end date|
|Prelims Exam Date for Officer Scale - I and Officer Assistant||August 01, 2021 / August 07, 2021 / August 08, 2021 / August 14, 2021 / August 21, 2021|
|IBPS RRB Main Exam Date for Officer Scale - I||September 25, 2021|
|IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Date for Office Assistants||October 03, 2021|
|RBI Grade B Officer||Notification Release Date||April 2021|
|Phase - I Exam||General/DEPR/DSIM: March 6, 2021|
|Phase - II Exam||
General: April 1, 2021
DEPR/DSIM: March 31, 2021 (To be confirmed in Admit Cards)
|RBI Assistant||Registration||December 23, 2020 - January 16, 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||February 2021|
|Prelims Exam Date||February 14 to 15, 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||March 2021|
|SBI Clerk||Online Registration||January 03, 2021 – January 26, 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||February 2021|
|Prelims Exam Date||February 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||April 19, 2021|
|SBI PO||Online Registration||November 14, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||December 2020|
|Prelims Exam Date||January 4/5/6, 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||January 29, 2021|
|Group Exercises & Interview||February/March 2021|
|Uttarakhand Cooperative Bank||Exam Date and Notification||TBA|
|Karnataka Bank PO Recruitment||Exam Date||February 2021|
Upcoming Bank Exams 2021 Conducted by IBPS
IBPS is short for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and will be scheduling one of the most competitive bank exams 2021 has seen. The IBPS bank exams help aspirants secure a job with a good payout. This is a government selection body that evaluates the recruitment of candidates into any of the 22 participating public sector banks under it. The State Bank of India does not appear under the IBPS. The bank exams for both institutions are varied. The IBPS made the CWE (Common Written Examination) mandatory for recruitment to the probationary officer and clerical positions.
Other Upcoming IBPS Bank Exams include:
- IBPS RRB PO
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant
IBPS bank exam details are as follows.
IBPS Bank Exams Eligibility Criteria
The IBPS Bank Exam, one of the most important upcoming bank exams, requires specific criteria from candidates to attempt the exam. The bank po exam also needs the bank exams eligibility criteria to be met for the position.
Some standard eligibility criteria for the examinations mentioned above are:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India to answer the bank exam.
- The candidate should have graduated from a recognized institution in any discipline with English as a subject.
- The bank exams age limit of the candidate should be between 20 and 30 years of age.
Check individual IBPS Bank Exams' detailed eligibility below.
IBPS Bank Exam Pattern
The pattern for the bank exams administered by the IBPS for the various posts follows the same phases. Bank exams books are accessible online and will help you prepare for the examination.
The three phases of selection are listed below:
- Phase 1: The preliminary test - In this, the candidate's aptitude, logical, and analytical reasoning skills are tested.
- Phase 2: The Mains- Tests the candidate's skills in reasoning, computer aptitude, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general banking awareness.
- Phase 3: In this phase, the candidates are subjected to a personal interview where their knowledge and proficiency about banking and other subjects related to the post is tested. The personal interview is not executed for the IBPS Clerk position. The Clerk bank exams are conducted separately.
Check the detailed exam pattern for the upcoming IBPS bank exams below.
Upcoming Bank Exams 2021 Conducted by SBI
SBI is short for the State Bank of India. This is one of the vastest government sector banks in the country. Therefore, correct bank exams preparation with focus is crucial before answering the paper. SBI conducts three bank exams every year for probation officer, Clerical (Junior Associate), and Specialist Officer positions.
Check the upcoming SBI bank exams syllabus below.
SBI bank exam details are as follows.
SBI Bank Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the numerous bank examinations conducted by the SBI is different from each other. Aspirants take the bank exams after the 12th for multiple reasons, but the SBI bank exam requires a graduate degree.
The common eligibility criteria are summarized below as per the bank exams notification:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have graduated in any discipline (which would be valuable if related to the post) from an institution recognized by the UGC to appear for the bank exams.
- The upper and lower age limits are distinct for the different posts.
Check all the SBI bank exams eligibility in detail below.
SBI Bank Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is similar to the bank exams supervised by the SBI. The examinations usually comprise 2 papers and, finally, an interview/group discussion round. The bank exams questions that come in the paper typically have similar topics from previous question papers. The upcoming bank exams 2021 from SBI Bank are just as competitive, with aspirants from across the country appearing for the bank exam.
The steps in the recruitment procedure of the bank exams are:
- Preliminary test: This is the first phase of the bank examination where all eligible candidates are assessed in their aptitude, English language, and reasoning skills.
- Main test: This is the test conducted for aspirants who clear the preliminary test. Here, the candidates are tested on their logical and analytical reasoning, general awareness, English language, computer aptitude, and professional knowledge related to the post.
- Interview/Group Discussion: This round is administered for candidates who qualify for the mains bank examination. The candidates are assessed in their professional skills and knowledge in this round before being recruited. This round is not executed for candidates who apply for the SBI Clerk (or Junior Associate)
Check all the SBI bank exams pattern in detail below.
Upcoming Bank Exams 2021 Conducted by the RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts examinations every year to recruit candidates who are attracted to the posts offered by the RBI.
Check the upcoming RBI bank exams below:
- RBI Grade B
- RBI Assistant
RBI bank exam details are as follows.
RBI Bank Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the RBI bank exams vary for each of the posts offered under RBI recruitment. Some posts expect a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized institution. In contrast, some posts require candidates to have initial experience in the field, ranging from 2 years to 15 years of experience, before applying for the RBI bank exams.
RBI Bank Exam Pattern
The exam patterns are similar for all posts offered under the recruitment exams, and it is good for the candidate to be aware of their exam pattern before they sit to write it.
The recruitment procedure is as follows:
- Preliminary examination: All eligible candidates are assessed for their English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning, and general awareness skills.
- Mains examination: All candidates who have qualified for the preliminary examination can take this test. The candidates' skills in economics & social issues, English writing, finance, and management.
- Interview: Candidates who clear the mains examination are called for the interview session. Here the candidates' professional knowledge about the respective position is assessed. Those who clear this interview are enrolled to work for the RBI.
Upcoming Bank Exams Conducted by IPPB
IPPB is short for Indian Post Payments Bank, a government organization facilitating and boosting house-to-house banking in India. The bank exam conducted by the IPPB will allow enthusiastic candidates to apply for various positions within the IPPB under the Department of Posts.
The IPPS Bank exams details given below will help you understand the process:
IPPB Bank Exam Eligibility Criteria
The minimum age limit to apply for the IPPB bank exam is 20 years.
IPPB bank exam eligibility criteria is as follows.
- Interested aspirants should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a government recognized institution.
- All posts under the IPPB bank exams expect the candidate to have prior experience related to the field. The years of experience depending on the position that the candidate has applied for.
IPPB Bank Exam Pattern
The IPPB conducts written examinations for lower cadre posts, comprising two phases, preliminary and main examinations. These examinations will also have a negative marking scheme. The higher cadre posts normally do not have written exams, but they will do so if the IPPB feels the need to give the candidates a written test.
Now that you know about the numerous bank exams held yearly in India, you can start looking for the position that would fit your requirements and one that you are eligible for and apply for the same.
Upcoming Bank Exams 2021 Conducted by NABARD
NABARD or the National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development is one of the country's most highly reputed and respected banking institutions. It is regarded as one of the leading financial and development institutions and provides credit to the nation's rural population. By achieving so, they cater to the agricultural and economic development of India. The growth opportunity in NABARD is extremely high, and thus, candidates from across the country aim for jobs in the institution every year.
As far as bank exams go, NABARD is one of the most competitive in the country. NABARD comprises three groups for recruitment posts. Group A undertakes with Rural Development Banking Services (RDBS), Group B is for the post of Development Assistant and Group C is for Office Assistant. The RDBS is one of the bank exams that recruit aspirants for Grade A and B.
The details of the bank exams for NABARD are given below:
NABARD Grade A Mains Exam: Updated
The dates have been officially announced for the NABARD Grade A mains exam, and it is organized for the first week of September. The candidates who have been shortlisted for the prelims exams will also appear for the NABARD mains exam. The NABARD Grade A prelims exam was held on February 25, 2020. For the 154 Assistant Manager posts vacant, the application for recruitment was published on January 15, 2020. This application must be filled online and submitted along with the application payment before the last date - February 03, 2020.
The important bank exam dates for the NABARD Grade A-Main Exam are detailed below:
|NABARD Main Grade A Exam Event||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Mains exam||First week of September 2020|
|Mains admit card||August 2020|
Remember to check back on this page for the latest updates about the NABARD Grade A Mains exam important dates.
The Fee For the NABARD examination varies based on the candidate's category. The table given below gives you a better understanding.
|General Category||INR 800|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 150|
NABARD Grade B Mains Exam: Updated
NABARD is one of the most prominent banks in the country. Every year, thousands of candidates write the examination and try to secure a job in one of the group's posts. The NABARD Grade B examination group is for the post of Development assistant. Recruitment for RDBS is fulfilled for Grade B officers. The selection procedure is done via a preliminary exam, the main bank exams, and an interview. The bank exams are on a national level and take place yearly. The entire process is online. The exam duration is 120 minutes for the prelims and 90 minutes for the three mains papers (90 minutes each).
NABARD Grade B Bank Exam Eligibility Criteria
The NABARD B recruitment criteria are given below for the bank exam. Candidates must go through the same before applying for the examination and make sure they fulfil the required criteria.
The eligibility criteria for NABARD Grade B bank exam is as follows.
- Candidates with Graduation or post-graduation from any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in any discipline (55 for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates with PhD can also apply.
- 21 - 35 years is the bank exam age limit.
Best Books for Bank Exams Preparation
The best way to prepare for any exam is to get the right books to guide you. Bank exam books can assist you to study for the exams and get used to the questions that will be asked. In addition, reading comprehension is crucial for answering bank exams. The Bank exam syllabus will give you an idea of what topics you need to study, but the books are crucial to understand and learn the subject.
The table given below lists the best books for Bank exams preparation:
- General and Banking Awareness - Manorama Yearbook
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Agarwal
- English Language Wren and Martin's English Grammar and Composition
- Reasoning A Modern Approach to Reasoning by R.S Agarwal / A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
Bank Exams Previous Years Question Papers
Besides the bank exams books, you can also try answering mock tests, puzzles for bank exams, quizzes and previous year questions papers to improve your time management and answering ability. Bank manager exams can be tough, but you can ace the test with the information provided below. Many aspirants seek bank exam coaching, but it has become difficult due to the coronavirus in the last few months. Candidates can seek online bank exam training during this time. For bank employees, these books also assist in bank promotion exams.
For your convenience, we have given the Previous Year Question Papers below:
Attempting bank exams previous year bank exam model question paper will support candidates in the following ways:
- Understanding the difficulty of these exams.
- Improving time management and performance in the bank exams and can accordingly plan the studies.
- Examining the easy and harder topics, allowing candidates to devote more time to the tough questions that may appear.
- It helps aspirants to build confidence as if they are answering the actual bank exam question paper.
- It helps enhance answering against negative markings.
Make sure the books are sufficient to cover all the crucial topics for the examination. It helps candidates find the simplification questions for bank exams and acts as a free mock test for the exams. The questions that appear on the bank exams are usually based on general knowledge, and candidates should include crucial PDFs and outside material if required. This way, you can understand how to clear bank exams. Know to use study material that is easy to understand so you can increase your knowledge as you read and not spend too much time on a single topic.