IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification has been released by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS Clerk registration has already started from September 17, 2019 and the last date to apply for IBPS Clerk is October 9, 2019.
IBPS Clerk Registration Closing Soon - Apply here
Table of Contents
What is IBPS Clerk Exam?
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS Clerk exam for the recruitment of clerical cadre posts in multiple banks all over the country. IBPS Clerk 2019 recruitment will be conducted through two stages – Preliminary exam and Main exam.
- Authority: IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is an autonomous body which conducts this exam.
- Job profile: A clerk is also known as the ‘Single Window Operator’. A clerk performs daily office and accounts related tasks in a bank.
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for Clerks (IBPS Clerk)|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Application Fee||General/OBC/EWS-INR 600/-, SC/ST/Pwd-INR 100/-|
|Stages||Preliminary and Mains Examination|
- Level: It is a national-level examination.
- Frequency: This exam is conducted once a year to fill up vacant positions in various banks.
- Stages: IBPS Clerk is conducted on two stages - preliminary exams and mains.
- Preliminary Exam - Students have to clear IBPS Clerk prelims exam to get qualified and shortlisted for the mains exam.
- Mains Exam - For getting selected into a nationalized bank through this prestigious exam, students have to clear the mains exam.
- Mode: IBPS Clerk is a computer-based test mainly conducted through online mode.
An official announcement of IBPS Clerk 2019 Dates is not declared yet. Tentative dates are given below. The actual dates will be updated soon.
- Application window: IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Online registration is expected to start on September 17, 2019. IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Online registration is expected to close on October 9, 2019.
- Exam date: IBPS Clerk preliminary exam is expected to be conducted on the 7th, 8th, 14th and 21st of December 2019 over multiple days. IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains Exam is expected to be conducted on 19th January 2020.
|IBPS Clerk 2019 Events||Event Dates (Tentative)|
|IBPS Clerk Exam Online Application Form Release date||September 17, 2019|
|IBPS Clerk Application submission - Last date||October 9, 2019|
|IBPS Clerk Application Fees Online Payment dates (Last Date)||October 9, 2019|
|The download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training for CLERK||November 2019|
|IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Dates||7th, 8th, 14th & 21st December 2019|
|Results of IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||December 2019|
|Main Exam IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card||January 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Main Exam Date||19th January 2020|
|IBPS Clerk Declaration of Result||April 2020|
Eligibility for IBPS Clerk
To apply for IBPS CRP Clerks-IX Exam, a candidate should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria, set by IBPS. If the candidates fail to fulfill the criteria then the application form will be rejected.
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: The age limit for the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam is between 20-28 years. Candidate should be born after 02.09.1991 and before 01.09.1999. IBPS provides age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|4||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The maximum age limit of 50 years.|
|5||Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried.||9 Years|
|6||Persons ordinarily settled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.||5 Years|
|7||Persons affected by riots of 1984||5 Years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only).||5 Years|
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus includes four subjects i.e English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness. topics of each subject are as follows.
- English: Vocabulary, Grammar and Reading Comprehension.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Simplification, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Ministration, Permutation and Combination.
- Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs.
IBPS Clerk 2019 exam is Online and will be conducted for 1 hour for prelims exam and 2 hours 40 minutes for mains exam. The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi languages. Exam Pattern for both the exam are as follows:
IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Tests||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Allotted Time|
|1||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General Awareness/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2019 exam will only be available in online mode. Application form is available from September 17, 2019 to October 9, 2019. Registration can be done through the official website.
- Documents required: Candidates have to upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and mark sheets of 10th and 12th examination in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form.
- Application Fee: IBPS Clerk 2019 Application fee for the general category is INR 600 and for reserved category candidates is INR 100.
- Payment Mode: Candidates have to pay the application fee only in online mode by Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking.
- Required Information: Candidates have to enter the below-listed details in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form.
- Basic Details
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Exam Centres
How to fill IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form
Step 1: Registration:
- Visit the official website of IBPS (www.ibps.in)
- Click on the "IBPS Clerk 2019" link.
- Click on "New Registration"
- Enter required information like Name, Mobile Number, Valid Email ID
- Click on "Submit". After clicking on submit candidate will receive Registration Number and password.
Step 2: Application Form:
- Visit the official website of IBPS
- Log in to IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form using registration number and password.
- The application form will be displayed on the display.
- Fill the form with the required information like personal details, contact details, address, educational details, Exam centre, etc.
- After submitting all the details enter the captcha displayed on the application form.
- Click on the "Submit button".
Step 3: Payment:
- After Submitting the application form, candidates will be landed on the payment page.
- Candidates have to pay INR 600 (INR 100 for reserved category) by using Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After a successful payment candidate will receive transaction confirmation in the provided Email ID.
After completing all the above steps candidate can download the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form. Candidate should take a printout of the same for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Admit Card will be released by the conducting body 15 days before the exam. It will be available on the official website only. Candidates are required to enter the Application Number and Date of Birth as the password for downloading the IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card.
- Mandatory: To enter the examination hall the candidate should carry the admit card along with an original Photo ID proof and a copy of it. The admit card will be considered and IPBS Clerk 2019 Hall Ticket.
- Contents: The IBPS Clerk 2019 Hall Ticket will carry the below-listed information.
- Registration Number
- Exam centre details
How to Download IBPS Clerk 2019 Hall Ticket?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IBPS
- Step 2: Click on the link for the IBPS Clerical level CWE.
- Step 3: Click on the clerical cadre link the candidate has applied for.
- Step 4: Enter credentials (User ID and DOB)
- Step 5: The admit card will display. Download the IBPS Clark 2019 Admit Card and take a print of the same.
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted in about 27 states of India. Aspirants applying for IBPS Clerk Exam online will be provided with an option to select a centre of his/her choice in the state during the filling of the application form. The conducting authority, IBPS will decide the final exam centre.
IBPS 2019 Exam Centres for Mains Exam are given below:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
To know about the IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims exam centre please visit our Exam Centres section.
Candidates have to prepare regularly for IBPS Cleark Exam. Although there is no specific book available for the exam, candidates can follow the below-listed books for reference.
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S. Chand|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
- Quantitative Aptitude:
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K Verma||Arihant Publication|
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||M.K. Pandey||BSC|
|Verbal Reasoning||M.K. Pandey||BSC|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Preparation Guide
Read this post to know and prepare a strategy to crack the IBPS CLERK Exam:
- Get to know about the exam: getting a proper idea about any exam is the first step to be followed before locking oneself in the preparation mode. Understand the syllabus and exam pattern before beginning your preparation.
- Time your self: Try finding your strong areas as well as the sections or type of questions for which more time is consumed. As there are 100 questions that have to be solved in just 60 minutes, prepare a timing strategy depending on your strong and weak areas.
- Choosing proper Study sources: Always try to stick with limited books. Prepare from good resources and IBPS Clerk 2019 Reference books but try not to read too many books. Use the internet properly.
- Give mock tests: Mock tests are very important for cracking any competitive exams. Join any good test series and appear as if it's the real exam. Analyze the test after you are done. Note the mistakes you did and try not to commit the mistakes next time.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Results will be updated once it is released by the conducting authority. There is no interview for IBPS Clerk, so the score obtained in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam is the deciding factor for the final selection. The result will consist of a candidate's name registration number and marks. IBPS will disclose the Allotment list of candidates along with the IBPS Clerk 2019 Results.
Steps to download IBPS Clerk Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Step 2: Check the notification and click on the notification of IBPS Clerk 2019 Result.
- Step 3: In the login page candidates have to enter the credentials (Registration number/Roll number and Date of Birth/Password).
- Step 4: After entering the captcha and clicking the submit button the result will be displayed.
- Download the IBPS Clerk Result for future reference.
Those candidates who are competing for the IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam have to clear the cut-off marks to advance for the mains exam and the further rounds as well. IBPS Clerk Cut Off 2019 is different for each state. Cut Off for IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains will also be released shortly after the results. Although the expected cut off has been published on the website.
Expected IBPS Clerk 2019 Cutoff for Prelim Exam:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||42.25|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||19.75|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||37.5|
|Visually Handicapped (VH)||31|
- Expected IBPS Clerk 2019 Cutoff for Mains Exam:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||130-135|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||145-150|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||140-145|
IBPS declared a total of 12075 vacancies for clerk posts for all public banks. Vacancies for some states are mentioned below. And for all states, candidates can check state-wise vacancy in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Vacancy section.
|States||No of Vacancies|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Recruitment
IBPS will recruit candidates based on the marks secured in the exam. There is no Interview session in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Recruitment process. Candidates who will secure the minimum cutoff marks will be selected for the post. In the selection process, the IBPS authority will verify all the documents. If a candidate fails to provide any document then he/she will be rejected.
- Documents Required for at the time of selection:
- Application Form
- Date of Birth Proof
- Photo ID Proof
- All Marksheets
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Disability Certificate (if any)
- The following banks are the participating organizations in the IBPS Clerk Recruitment process.
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Bank
- UCO Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- United Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Union Bank of India
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Dena Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Vijaya Bank
IBPS Clerk Salary
IBPS declared a new salary scale which is applicable after November 2017.
|Basic Pay||INR 11765/-|
|Special Allowance||INR 911/-|
|Transport Allowance||INR 425/-|
|HRA (for Population above 45 lakhs)||INR 1176/-|
|Gross Monthly CTC||INR 19589/-|
Note: For the population below 45 lakhs the HRA will be Rs.1058.
IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk
|Particulars||IBPS Clerk||SBI Clerk|
|Educational qualification||Graduate in any discipline and certificate in Computer Operations||Graduate in any discipline|
|Selection Process||Written exam and Document Verification||Written Exam, Interview, and Language test test|
|Salary||Initial pay is the same for all public bank i.e. 18100 - 19800||SBI Clerk gets 2000 extra compensation than others|
|Posting||Since most PSBs have a lesser number of branches across the country compared to SBI, the chances of getting posted near your home/native place are less.||SBI has a vast outreach compared to other PSB’s, you will find an SBI at every nook and corner across the country, hence you can be posted anywhere in the country.|
IBPS Clerk FAQs
- Q: What is the application fee?
- Ans. The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 600/- and it is Rs 100/- for SC/ST/EXSM/PWD candidates.
- Q: Will there be an interview after the mains round?
- Ans. No, there will be no interview for IBPS Clerk recruitment process.
- Q: What is the desired educational qualification?
- Ans. The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Q: Is it mandatory to have computer knowledge?
- Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to have computer knowledge. Candidates should produce a Diploma/Degree Certificate in computer operations/language or should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in high school or college.
- Q: What documents should be uploaded while filling the application form?
- Ans. Candidates should upload a recent photograph, signature, left thumb impression, and handwritten declaration. The size of the images should be between 20KB - 50KB and images should be in the jpg/jpeg format.
- Q: How many stages will be there in the IBPS Clerk exam?
- Ans. The exam is conducted in two stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Q: When will the online registration commence?
- Ans. Aspiring applicants can apply on the official website from September 17, 2019.
- Q: What is the prelims exam pattern?
- Ans. Preliminary Exam is the first stage of the recruitment process. The duration of the exam is one hour and carries 100 marks. The sections and the marks distribution are given below:
- English Language - 30 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35 Marks
- Logical Reasoning - 35 marks
- Q: What is the IBPS Clerk mains exam pattern?
- Ans. IBPS Clerk mains consist of 190 questions and the duration of the exam is 160 minutes. The sections and the marks distribution are as given below:
- English Language - 40 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude - 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning and computer aptitude - 60 Marks
- General Awareness - 50 Marks