What is IBPS Clerk Exam?
IBPS Clerk examination is a common written exam or CWE conducted every year to recruit candidates for the clerical post in multiple banks all over the country. All public sector scheduled banks use CWE scores as a selection criterion to fill the vacancies for the post of clerk.
- Authority: IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is an autonomous body which conducts this exam. IBPS is conducting the Clerk exam for the seventh year now and hence named IBPS CWE CLERK VIII.
- Job profile: A clerk is also known as ‘Single Window Operator’. A clerk performs daily office and accounts related tasks in a bank.
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for Clerks (IBPS Clerk)|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response.|
|Marking Scheme||Right Answer: +1 mark|
|Wrong Answer: Negative 0.25 marks|
|Total duration||220 minutes|
|Paper Medium||English and Hindi|
- Level: It is a national-level examination.
- Frequency: This exam is conducted once a year to fill up vacant positions in various banks.
- Stages: The IBPS Clerk CWE is conducted on two stages - preliminary exam and mains.
- Preliminary Exam - Students have to clear IBPS Clerk prelims exam to get qualified and shortlisted for mains exam.
- Mains Exam - For getting selected into a nationalized bank through this prestigious exam, students have to clear the mains exam.
- Mode: IBPS Clerk CWE is a computer-based test mainly conducted through online mode.
- What is IBPS Clerk Exam?
- IBPS Clerk Important Dates
- IBPS Clerk Eligibility
- IBPS Clerk Vacancies
- IBPS Clerk Application Form
- How to fill IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form
- IBPS Clerk Exam Centres
- IBPS Clerk Admit Card
- IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
- IBPS Clerk Syllabus
- IBPS Clerk Reference Books
- IBPS Clerk Results
- IBPS Clerk Cutoff
- IBPS Clerk Selection Process
- IBPS Clerk Salary
- IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk
- IBPS Clerk FAQs
- Related Exams
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates
The official announcement of IBPS Clerk 2019 Dates is not declared yet. The dates are given below is tentative. The date will be updated soon.
- Application window: IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Online registration is expected to start on September 18, 2019. IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Online registration is expected to close on October 10, 2019.
- Exam date: The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam is expected to be conducted on the 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th of December 2019 over multiple days. The IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains Exam is expected to be conducted on 20th January 2019.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Events
Event Dates (Tentative)
IBPS Clerk Exam Online Application Form Release date
September 18, 2019
IBPS Clerk Application submission - Last date
October 10, 2019
IBPS Clerk Application Fees Online Payment dates (Last Date)
October 10, 2019
The download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training for CLERK
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Dates
8th, 9th, 15th & 16th December 2019
Results of IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
Main Exam IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card
IBPS Clerk Main Exam Date
20th January 2020
IBPS Clerk Declaration of Result
IBPS Clerk Eligibility
To apply for IBPS Clerk Exam candidate should fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria, set by IBPS. If the candidates fail to fulfil then the application form will be rejected.
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: The age limit for the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam is between 20-28 years. Candidate should be born after 02.09.1990 and before 01.09.1998. IBPS provides age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|4||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The maximum age limit of 50 years.|
|5||Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried.||9 Years|
|6||Persons ordinarily settled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.||5 Years|
|7||Persons affected by riots of 1984||5 Years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only).||5 Years|
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have a Bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognised university.
IBPS Clerk Vacancy
IBPS declared a total of 7872 vacancies for clerk post for all public bank. Zone-wise vacancies are listed below. And for state-wise vacancy check the IBPS Clerk 2019 Vacancy section.
|Name of Zone||No of Vacancies|
|North Western India||542|
|North Eastern India||178|
IBPS Clerk Application form
The IBPS Clerk 2019 exam will only be available in online mode. The application form is expected to be available from September 18, 2019 to October 10, 2019. Registration can be done through the official website.
- Documents required: Candidates have to upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and mark sheets of 10th and 12th examination in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form.
- Application Fee: IBPS Clerk 2019 Application fee for general category is INR 600 and for reserved category candidates is INR 100.
- Payment Mode: Candidates have to pay the application fee only in online mode by Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking.
- Required Information: Candidates have to enter below-listed details in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form.
- Basic Details
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Exam Centres
How to fill IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form
Step 1: Registration:
- Visit the official website of IBPS (www.ibps.in)
- Click on the "IBPS Clerk 2019" link.
- Click on "New Registration"
- Enter required information like Name, Mobile Number, Valid Email ID
- Click on "Submit". After clicking on submit candidate will receive Registration Number and password.
Step 2: Application Form:
- Visit the official website of IBPS
- Log in to IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form using registration number and password.
- The application form will be displayed on the display.
- Fill the form with the required information like personal details, contact details, address, educational details, Exam centre etc.
- After submitting all the details enter the captcha displayed on the application form.
- Click on the "Submit button".
Step 3: Payment:
- After Submitting the application form, candidates will be landed to the payment page.
- Candidates have to pay INR 600 (INR 100 for reserved category) by using Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After successful payment candidate will receive transaction confirmation in the provided Email ID.
After compleating all the above steps candidate can download the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form. Candidate should take a printout of the same for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted in about 27 states of India. Aspirants applying for IBPS Clerk Exam online will be provided with an option to select a centre of his/her choice in the state during the filling of the application form. The conducting authority, IBPS will decide the final exam centre.
The IBPS 2019 Exam Centres for Mains Exam are given below:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
To know about the IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims exam centre please visit our Exam Centres section.
IBPS Clerk Admit Card
IBPS Clerk Admit card will be released by the conducting body 15 days before the exam. It will be available on the official website only. Candidates are required to enter the Application Number and Date of Birth as the password for downloading the IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card.
- Mandatory: To enter the examination hall the candidate should carry the admit card along with an original Photo ID proof and a copy of it. The admit card will be considered and IPBS Clerk 2019 Hall Ticket.
- Contents: The IBPS Clerk 2019 Hall Ticket will carry below-listed information.
- Registration Number
- Exam centre details
How to Download IBPS Clerk 2019 Hall Ticket?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IBPS
- Step 2: Click on the link for the IBPS Clerical level CWE.
- Step 3: Click on the clerical cadre link the candidate has applied for.
- Step 4: Enter credentials (User ID and DOB)
- Step 5: The admit card will display. Download the IBPS Clark 2019 Admit Card and take a print of the same.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk 2019 exam is Online and will be conducted for a duration of 1 hour for prelims exam and 2 hours 40 minutes for mains exam. The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi languages. Exam Pattern for both the exam are as follows:
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Tests||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Allotted Time|
|1||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General Awareness/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
IBPS Clerk Syllabus includes four subjects i.e English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and General awareness. topics of each subject are as follows.
- English: Vocabulary, Grammar and Reading Comprehension.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Simplification, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Ministration, Permutation and Combination.
- Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs.
IBPS Clerk Reference Books
Candidates have to prepare regularly for IBPS Cleark Exam. Although there is no specific book not available for the exam, candidates can follow below-listed books for reference.
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S. Chand|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
- Quantitative Aptitude:
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|Objective Arithematic||Rajesh Verma||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K Verma||Arihant Publication|
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||M.K. Pandey||BSC|
|Verbal Reasoning||M.K. Pandey||BSC|
IBPS Clerk Results
IBPS Clerk 2019 Results will be updated once it is released by the conducting authority. There is no interview for IBPS Clerk, so the score obtained in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam is the deciding factor for the final selection. The result will consist of candidates name registration number and marks. IBPS will disclose the Allotment list of candidates along with the IBPS Clerk 2019 Results.
Steps to download IBPS Clerk Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Step 2: Check the notification and click on the notification of IBPS Clerk 2019 Result.
- Step 3: In the login page candidates have to enter the credentials (Registration number/Roll number and Date of Birth/Password).
- Step 4: After entering the captcha and clicking the submit button the result will be displayed.
- Download the IBPS Clerk Result for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Cut Off
Those candidates who are competing for the IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam have to clear the cut-off marks to advance for the mains exam and for the further rounds as well. The IBPS Clerk Cut Off 2019 is different for each state. The IBPS Clerk Cut Off 2019 Mains will also be released shortly after the results. Although the expected cut off has been published on the website.
Expected IBPS Clerk 2019 Cutoff for Prelim Exam:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||42.25|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||19.75|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||37.5|
|Visually Handicapped (VH)||31|
- Expected IBPS Clerk 2019 Cutoff for Mains Exam:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||130-135|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||145-150|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||140-145|
IBPS Clerk Recruitment
IBPS will recruit candidates based on the marks secured in the exam. There is no Interview session in the IBPS Clerk 2019 Recruitment process. Candidates who will secure the minimum cutoff marks will be selected for the post. In the selection process, the IBPS authority will verify all the documents. If a candidate fails to provide any document then he/she will be rejected.
- Documents Required for at the time of selection:
- Application Form
- Date of Birth Proof
- Photo ID Proof
- All Marksheets
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Disability Certificate (if any)
- The following banks are the participating organizations in the IBPS Clerk Recruitment process.
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Bank
- UCO Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- United Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Union Bank of India
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Dena Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Vijaya Bank
IBPS Clerk Salary
IBPS declared a new salary scale which is applicable after November 2017.
|HRA (for Population above 45 lakhs)||1176|
|Gross Monthly CTC||Rs 19589|
Note: For the population below 45 lakhs the HRA will be Rs.1058.
IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk
|Perticuler||IBPS Clerk||SBI Clerk|
|Educational qualification||Graduate in any discipline and certificate in Computer Operations||Graduate in any discipline|
|Selection Process||Written exam and Document Verification||Written Exam, Interview and Language test test|
|Salary||Initial pay is the same for all public bank i.e. 18100 - 19800||SBI Clerk gets 2000 extra compensation than others|
|Posting||Since most PSBs have lesser number of branches across the country compared to SBI, the chances of getting posted near your home/native place are less.||SBI has a vast outreach compared to other PSB’s, you will find an SBI at every nook and corner across the country, hence you can be posted anywhere in the country.|
IBPS Clerk FAQs
- Q: What is the application fee?
- Ans. The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 600/- and it is Rs 100/- for SC/ST/EXSM/PWD candidates.
- Q: Will there be an interview after the mains round?
- Ans. No, there will be no interview for IBPS Clerk recruitment process.
- Q: What is the desired educational qualification?
- Ans. The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Q: Is it mandatory to have computer knowledge?
- Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to have computer knowledge. Candidates should produce Diploma/Degree Certificate in computer operations/language or should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in high school or college.
- Q: What documents should be uploaded while filling the application form?
- Ans. Candidates should upload a recent photograph, signature, left thumb impression and handwritten declaration. The size of the images should be between 20KB - 50KB and images should be in the jpg/jpeg format.
- Q: How many stages will be there in the IBPS Clerk exam?
- Ans. The exam is conducted in two stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Q: When will the online registration commence?
- Ans. Aspiring applicants can apply on the official website from September 18, 2019.
- Q: What is the prelims exam pattern?
- Ans. Preliminary Exam is the first stage of the recruitment process. The duration of the exam is one hour and carries 100 marks. The sections and the marks distribution are given below:
- English Language - 30 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35 Marks
- Logical Reasoning - 35 marks
- Q: What is the IBPS Clerk mains exam pattern?
- Ans. IBPS Clerk mains consists of 190 questions and the duration of the exam is 160 minutes. The sections and the marks distribution are as given below:
- English Language - 40 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude - 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning and computer aptitude - 60 Marks
- General Awareness - 50 Marks