The CTET passing marks 2023 for Paper I & Paper II is 60% out of the total marks for the general category. Check Qualifying Marks for General, SC, OBC provided in this article.
CTET stands for the abbreviation of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is a national-level exam conducted twice, and this year the examination will be conducted from 20th August 2023. The cut-off score for the CTET passing marks 2023 for Paper I & Paper II is 60% out of the total marks for the general category. Similarly, candidates must obtain 55% for the reserved category to clear the exams. The candidates qualifying the Paper I will be eligible for teaching in classes 1 to 5, whereas those who pass Paper II will be eligible for teaching in Classes 6 and 7.
The Central Board of Secondary Education organizes CTET for the teachers who are willing to join the Central Government Schools as a teacher to teach in classes I-VIII. Many states and government schools have considered CTET as the primary eligibility criteria for the teacher recruitments process.
Table of Contents
- CTET Passing Marks 2023
- Important Points regarding CTET Passing Marks 2023
- CTET 2022 Important Dates
- CTET Previous Year Passing Marks for Paper I & Paper II
- CTET Cutoff Marks 2022
- CTET Cutoff Marks 2021
- CTET Cutoff Marks 2019
- CTET Cutoff Marks 2018
CTET Passing Marks 2023
The passing marks in CTET are the minimum marks required to clear the examination, i.e., cut-off marks are also known as passing marks. The authority declares the passing marks after the result publication. Candidates can analyze CTET results by observing the passing scores in the exam.
|S.No.||Category||CTET Exam Full Marks||CTET Passing Marks||CTET Passing Percentage|
Important Points regarding CTET Passing Marks 2023
Further, they can assume whether they are qualified or not. However, the authority can change or alter the passing marks in CTET based on the difficulty level of the paper & the total number of candidates who are appearing for the exam. Below are the CTET passing marks 2023,
- Candidates who qualified for the CTET exam can appear for the recruitment process in NVS, Kendriya Vidyalaya, and Tribal Schools.
- The cut-off score for the CTET for the Paper I & Paper II is 60% out of the total marks.
- The total marks of Paper I & Paper II are 150.
- If the candidates want to be eligible for the recruitment process of teaching from classes 1 to 8, they must clear both the papers of CTET.
- Candidates must score passing marks out of the total marks in both papers to qualify for the recruitment process.
- The authority will award the CTET Scorecard & CTET Certificate to the candidates who score equal to or more than the passing marks in CTET.
- The CTET certificate issued by CBSE will have validation of seven years right from the date of result announcement for all categories.
- Candidates who obtained the CTET Certificate will be eligible for the teacher recruitment process for the next seven years.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts the candidates want to appear in the CTET exam or obtain the CTET Certificate. It depends on the candidate's choice how many times they want to perform for the examination.
- Candidates who have already qualified for the CTET exam can also appear again to improve their scores.
- The School managements provide some concessions to the various categories like OBC, SC/ST under their existing reservation policies.
Note: CTET 2019 Notification states that the School management should give weightage to the marks scored by the candidates in CTET 2019 in recruitment. However, if the candidate qualified for the CTET exam, it does not mean that they have the right to recruitment/employment as the authority considers it as the only eligibility criteria for the appointment.
However, CBSE is an exam conducting body, and it does offer any employment or job offer to the candidates who clear the CTET exam.
CTET Qualifying Marks 2023
There are also some qualifying marks that the authority has released for different categories to be eligible for recruitment in various schools. No age limit is there to appear for the CTET exam as per the notification of CBSE.
CTET qualifying marks for 2023 are,
- Qualifying marks describe the marks that should be scored by the candidate to get selected for the exam.
- Candidates who will secure the qualifying marks or more than that will be considered qualified.
- The qualifying marks of CTET vary with categories like general, OBC, and SC/ST.
- The qualifying marks of CTET for different categories are:
- General - 60%
- SC/ST/OBC - 55%
CTET 2023 Important Dates
Candidates are requested to check this page for more details and updates on important dates related to the CTET 2023 exam.
The dates in the table below are updated as per the official notification.
|CTET Exam Date||Aug 20, 2023|
|Release of CTET Answer Keys 2023||September 2023|
|Release of CTET 2023 Scorecard||September 2023|
|Issue of CTET Eligibility Certificate||September 2023|
CTET Previous Year Passing Marks for Paper I & Paper II
Central Board of Secondary Education has released the previous years passing marks in CTET.
|Years in descending order||Category|
CTET Cutoff Marks 2022
The CTET cut-off marks for January session is mentioned below for the candidate's reference as per the official notification.
CTET Cutoff Marks 2021
The CTET cutoff marks for January session is mentioned below for the candidate's reference as per the official notification.
CTET Cutoff Marks 2019
The cutoff marks for CTET 2019 for both December and July sessions updated as per official notification. CTET 2019 cutoff marks are tabulated below.
CTET Cutoff Marks 2018
The cut-off marks for CTET 2018 for both the July and December session are mentioned below for the candidates.