RRB NTPC Eligibility Overview
RRB NTPC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the different posts under the RRB NTPC exam, a candidate must fulfil the eligibility conditions related to the exam. The eligibility conditions vary from one post to another. Also in some conditions, relaxation is provided to some communities. The complete information about RRB NTPC Eligibility is provided in this section.
The candidate can apply for numerous posts under RRB NTPC through a single RRB NTPC application form 2019 & place the posts in the order of their preference.
RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria- Nationality
The applicant should either be a citizen of India or citizen of the following countries as mentioned below.
(i) The applying candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 in order to get permanently settled in the country or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African Countries of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia and Vietnam, Zaire with the intention of getting permanently settled in the country.
RRB NTPC 2019 Eligibility - Based on Education
RRB NTPC Eligibility has the following conditions with respect to the education of the applicants:
Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated against the notified posts, from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application.
Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
Graduate Act Apprentice or Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu of the course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI.
Graduation through non-formal / distance education:
In case, a candidate has a degree through non-formal / distance education, then they need to meet either of the two of the RRB NTPC Qualification Criteria mentioned below, in addition to those discussed for candidates who have completed their graduation through regular mode:
- The candidate should have completed 12 years of schooling through an Examination conducted by a Board / University, OR
- The candidate should have passed an entrance test by the University to enrol in a 3-year degree program through distance/non-formal education
- The candidate must not have been below 18 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission to this course.
RRB NTPC Education Qualification
The Table below shows the RRB NTPC Eligibility for different posts.
|Post Name||RRB NTPC Educational Qualification|
|Traffic Assistant||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent|
|Senior Time Keeper||The candidate must be a holder of a Degree from any recognized university or its equivalent + Typing proficiency in Hindi/English on the computer is compulsory|
|Commercial Apprentice (CA)||The candidate needs to be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or equivalent|
|Traffic Apprentice (TA)||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent|
|Enquiry-Cum-Reservation-Clerk||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent|
|Goods Guard Selection||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent|
|Asst Station Master (ASM)||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent|
|Senior Clerk-Cum-typist||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent + Typing proficiency in Hindi/English on the computer is compulsory|
|Junior Accounts Assistant Cum Typist||The candidate must be a holder of a degree from any recognized university or its equivalent + Typing proficiency in Hindi/English on the computer is compulsory|
Medical Standards for RRB NTPC 2019
The candidates who are called up for the final selection will have to pass a requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post(s) opted by them.
The medical tests are very strict for Railway NTPC Qualification. Without qualifying the medical test, no candidate will be deemed fit for the job.
The medical requirements for RRB NTPC Qualification for different categories are given below:
|SL. NO||Medical Standards||General Fitness||Visual Acuity|
|1||A-1||Physically fit in all respects||
|2||A-2||Physically fit in all respects||
|3||B-1||Physically fit in all respects||
|4||B-2||Physically fit in all respects||
|5||C-1||Physically fit in all respects||
The above medical standards are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general.
- Candidates who have undergone Lasik surgery or any other surgical procedure to correct the refractory error are not eligible for the post having Medical Standards A2, B1, and B2.
Candidates are advised to make sure they are eligible for the posts they have opted for as per the medical standards.
RRB NTPC Age Limit 2019 and Relaxations
RRB NTPC Age Limit 2019 is as follows:
- The Age limit for any post in level 1 of the 7th pay matrix is from 18-31 years.
- The Age Limit for any post of ALP and Technician is from 18-28 years.
- As of 1st July 2019, the lower and upper age limit is common for all the notified posts.
- The relaxation in upper age limit for RRB NTPC for the various categories is shown in the table below and is dependent on the submission of requisite certificates.
|Sl No.||Community/ Categories||Relaxation in Upper Age Limit/ Maximum Upper Age (in years)|
|1||SC / ST Candidates||5 years|
|2||OBC - Non-Creamy Layer candidates||3 years|
|3||Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than 6 months service after attestation||Up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5||PWD OBC- Non-Creamy Layer||13 years|
|6||PwD SC/ST||15 years|
|7||Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 5||5 years|
|8||Candidates who are serving Group 'C' and Erstwhile Group 'D' Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells)||UR||40 Years of age|
|OBC||43 Years of age|
|SC/ST||45 Years of age|
|9||Candidates employed in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railways like Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies, and Institutes||Up to the length of service rendered (or) 5 Years, whichever is lower.|
|10||Widowed Women/Divorced/ or judicially separated from husband but not remarried.||UR||35 Years of age|
|OBC||38 Years of age|
|SC/ST||40 Years of age|
|11||Apprentices applying for the posts where minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.||Shall be relaxed to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961.|
|12||Course Completed Act Apprentices under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years||UR||35 Years of age|
|OBC||38 Years of age|
|SC/ST||40 Years of age|
|Age Group||Upper Limit of D.O.B||Lower limit of D.O.B||Remarks|
|For Level 1 of pay matrix 7||For ALP and Technicians||UR||OBC||SC/ST||For all community/ categories||Candidates belonging to community/categories above shall be eligible for age relaxation as applicable. Note: The date of birth limits for SC/ST & OBC-NCL given in this table includes community age relaxation.|
|18-31 years||18-28 years||02.07.1990||02.07.1987||02.07.1985||01.07.2000|
Typing Proficiency for Specific Posts in RRB NTPC 2019
- This test is not compulsory for all the posts but is conducted for the posts whose working profile involves extensive typing.
- These posts are Junior Accounts Assistant – cum – Typist, Senior Clerk – cum Typist and Sr. Time Keeper.
- While the writing capability is not required at the season of composing the Computer Based Test, a qualifying exam called, Typing Skill Test is directed on the off chance that you are shortlisted for the position, in the second round.
- You should ensure that you are able to comfortably achieve the following typing proficiency after disabling editing and spell check tools:
- English Language Typing: 30 words per minute
- Hindi Language Typing: 25 words per minute in Kruti Dev or Mangal font.